Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix ski passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am having some confusion over the passes in Cham. I've been before so aware the areas are not all linked.

I have been looking here at the Chamonix Le Pass & Mont Blanc Unlimited passes - https://www.montblancnaturalresort.com/en/

On this site they advertise this https://www.chamskideal.com/en which seems to offer day passes at cheap rates, but means buying 6 different day passes rather than the bigger pass.

Has anyone used ChamSkiDeal before and is this the best way to find a saving on passes?

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dh900, The " Ski Deal" site is genuine and my bro used last year for his time here. he got pretty good prices ...

MBU gets you Courmayeur and Megeve/etc. obvs, if you don't plan on using those, no point in paying for them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks! Saved me a few bucks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, Nice one, thanks. I'll be using this then. Looks like i'd save almost €80 for 6 days of skiing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@sbooker, @dh900, just note that these prices are dynamic ... so you want to get them locked in.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, i noticed they do change.

I have purchased one day so far, but am confused as to what the below means, what is a RFID card, anyone know? I plan on buying 5 days worth of 1day passes, as this is much cheaper than a Chamonix Le Pass 5day pass.

**If you wish to buy several Chamskideal day tickets, you must already be in possession of your rechargeable RFID card. Be aware that in the case of a first purchase, the internet number is only known at the time of pickup on site thanks to the QR code received in the order confirmation.

If you do not have one, you will have to place one order per day and buy a keycard per day if you want to place several orders in advance.**

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@dh900, that's just the hands free card that you get. So the system isn't smart enough to allocate you a serial number for the first keycard. Bit dumb. Not quite sure why they can't send you the card number along with the QR code Puzzled It's just a number to be associated with an RFID chip.

Also means you will have to collect your passes - but I guess you can pick them all up at once. Was there a charge for the cards? Re-useable ones typically cost €3-5 (can't recall exactly here) but "single use" day passes are free. The only apparent different is that the single use ones are robust enough to last several seasons (I think mine is from 2018) and the single use ones are a bit "lighter".

RFID if you had googled it, means radio frequency ID (similar to e.g. Oyster cards) ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio-frequency_identification
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, So I was charged €3 for the card for the 1day pass I have so far.

I'm not sure if I need to buy a new card for each day pass I purchase?! When I try to purchase more it asks for an access card number (WTP) which I do not yet have.

I've contacted their support who havent been much help so far.

Although it's cheaper, it doesnt seem the easiest way to buy a ski pass.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Your question:
Quote:

I'm not sure if I need to buy a new card for each day pass I purchase?! When I try to purchase more it asks for an access card number (WTP) which I do not yet have.

But, surely your answer:
Quote:

If you do not have one, you will have to place one order per day and buy a keycard per day if you want to place several orders in advance.**
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is where the confusion lies. What resort with any eco credentials such as Chamonix would dish out a plastic card for each day i'm after?! (some resorts are now migrating to wooden ski passes). The point I am making is, it is not the easiest customey journey in terms of booking a pass via chamskideal, and it seems to have its flaws and limitations by unnecessarily charging €3 each day for another piece of plastic. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@dh900, agreed, but you said:
Quote:

I'm not sure if I need to buy a new card for each day pass I purchase?!

So I was trying to answer that.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you don't already have a Chamonix card, it might be possible to use one from another resort.

Anyone know which system Chamonix lifts use? (Usually, it is either Skidata or Axxess and the passes are often transferable between ski areas which use the same system.)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When I bought a couple of day passes last year, there was an option to get the pass from a machine at the GM lift station, where my recollection is that I recharged some existing blanks, I didn't have to buy a new one.

Strangely, this route doesn't seem available on the Chamskideal passes tho'...

I'll have a look and see if I can find any spare blank passes that I can offer in exchange for an SAE!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@dh900, no not the most joined up!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy