Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts near memmingen Airport?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was thinking of the resorts on German side. What are they like? Oberstdorf? I'm under 25, so can't really rent a car. It's very expensive, so need to do public transport. That's why I'm thinking German resorts. They're easier to get to. But equally if anyone knows a cheap and quick way to get to Austrian resorts, please share. Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skier1980, fly to Salzburg and shared transfer to any of the ski amade villages
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fly to Munich instead if possible then train in to almost anywhere in AT. Plenty of folks on here have trained from Munich
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mother hucker,
Quote:

fly to Munich instead

memmigen s Munich if your name is O'Leary . snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am guessing that is a ryanair served airport?

Oberstdorf area would be the nearest.
I would guess Garmisch-Partenkirchen would take just as long as St Anton.

My suggestion is to look at Flix buses & what route they do from the airport.
However chances are all roads will need to lead to Munich & Filx will get you there cheap.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@geoffers, I'm well versed in memmingen and Munich I've family in that part of Deutschland. Sometimes can be cheaper. Saturday's an early morning flight so skiing on the saturday is possible.
Feb half term were flying in to Nuremburg considerably cheaper flights, cheaper car hirer plus flight days/times give us 7 days skiing the way we work it, Longer drive in but that doesn't bother me
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are direct trains to Oberstdorf / Kleinwalsertal. Lermoos / Ehrwald and further on Garmisch are reasonably straightforward to get to by train. In the other direction getting to the Vorarlberg resorts even the Arlberg (St Anton, Lech) are reasonably easy via Lindau. Not sure Munich is really any more convenient if all you are looking for is a "ski resort", getting from the airport to ski areas involves multiple changes.

I have not been to the Kleinwalsertal but it does get positive reviews from those that have. Lermoos / Ehrwald used to have a fair number of brit visitors but they are pretty small. Not sure what sort of skiing level you are at so difficult to suggest. If beginner level then any of them would do, more experienced maybe not. Also take into account the social aspect, not much to do in these places. If you have any sort of skiing level you might be better off getting to St Anton, it is not cheap but I believe there is some hostel type accommodation.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skier1980, Oberstdorf / Kleinwalsertal definitely worth a visit. Plenty there to keep you happy for a week. Main area is the Fellhorn/Kanzelwand, which spans Germany & Austria. For easiest access base yourself in Kleinwalsertal in Riezlern, or take the bus from Oberstdorf to Fellhorn. Kleinwalsertal has several areas which are not connected, but are served by bus. Main ones are Kanzelwand, Ifen and Walmendingerhorn, plus you have the Heuberg set of lifts at lower elevation, which almost connect Walmendingerhorn to Kanzelwand.... The Nebelhorn, directly in Oberstdorf is definitely worth a spending a day on if pounding moguls is your thing (they hold mogul competitions there), not recommended for beginners tho. Tons of off piste possibilities in all of the above areas...
Numerous diect trains from Memmingen to Oberstdorf
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the replies. I'm flying into Memmingen, because it's a fraction of the cost. There is a direct train to Oberstdorf - just over an hour and not expensive. I just wanted confirmation that it was good resort. I like the sound of off-piste, moguls, etc

Thanks for all your help.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm a strong intermediate. I can ski blacks, moguls. I've been skiing since I was young but only 1 trip a year. How quie t? Really just want places to eat. I'll check out hostel in St. Anton, but seems difficult to get over border....I think I would go to lindau first.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy