Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix and surrounding early December advice!

Poster: A snowHead
Hey Folks! - Just looking for a little up to date advice couldn't find much in search function.

Had some holidays to use and some cheap flights & new places to visit i've ended up booking a short trip to Cham from 7th to 12th Dec - I know it's still early for weather etc etc but i've never been to chamonix, was wonder what it would be like in town this early before season ( if anyone's any suggestions or recommendations on food / activities etc i'm all ears)

although my main question - finding it hard to navigate their site / don't know resort so don't want to be wasting time out there will there be any skiing available do places tend to only open weekends that early? / Is there anywhere near by I could travel to public transport ideally to get in some runs?! Thanks for any help would be a bit of a shame to be so close and not get any skiing in!

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Grands Montets is normally fully open from this weekend
https://www.montblancnaturalresort.com/en/ouvertures
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@RuariM, I don't think the Grands are opening this weekend. Certainly a chum who is a pisteur there wasn't having his usual pre-season moan about going back to work at lunch the other day Twisted Evil

Town will still be quiet. Some bars won't have re-opened. Skiing: Your best ski bets will be train to Verbier or - maybe easier - to Courmayeur (don't miss the return, would be an expensive taxi).

Where you staying?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah that's a little annoying regarding GM - hopefully bit of unexpected snow this week and it might be open for the weekend.

Staying quite central Chamonix I think - but the idea of travelling to Courmayeur sounds fine, I don't believe it's that far?
Hopefully it will be open and we will be able to go there friday & saturday for a ski! Couple of runs will be more than enough. I'll try and look into the trains and that now thanks
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@RuariM, Courmayeur opens on Friday. Scheduled bus - from Cham Sud bus station I expect - I think leaves Cham around 08h00 and returns from Courmayeur around 16h00 or so. Will be most efficient option.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, Great thanks for the help! - had just jumped back on to ask do many make the trip but I assume this is a common enough day trip, will probs leave skis and that at home if this is the case and just rent out there! Cheers
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@RuariM, very common, probs best to reserve.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jumping on this thread. What is the best way to buy 4 day ski pass in Chamonix - online or when I arrive?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RuariM,
Check again just before you go. It is all snowfall dependent in the Alps this early in the season.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name,
So Courmayeur is as easy as having the Unlimited pass and jumping on the bus? Is the bus free with the pass?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@sbooker, pretty much, I think?

Bus not free but not expensive. If you do it, lunch at Maison Vieille or Chiecco a good plan (Chiecco is a little, hmmm, eccentric … and not super Italian cheap)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@RuariM, contrary to my earliier post, Grands Montets is (partially) opening on Saturday https://www.montblancnaturalresort.com/en/domaine-skiable-grands-montets
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hey Guys - Hopefully some of you knowledgeable folks see this. Heading out tomorrow, anywhere handy to get the skis waxed & anywhere within reason local enough I can get myself onto the slopes on thursday or friday? Thanks!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@RuariM, if you are withinwalking distance of the Aiguille du Midi, Concept Pro (behind the lift station - between it and the Grepon car park) have been servicing for a couple of weeks now.

I'd be jumping on a bus to Courmayeur on Thursday, if I were you.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 6-12-22 12:45; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@under a new name, Thanks for that! Will defs be doing that friday anyway - hoping chamdeals post a few cheap passes for the weekend soon to save a couple of quid also.
latest report
@under a new name, And just lastly - trying to book a bus to courmayeur here online now or should i be fine to book one in resort? Assuming i'll be allowed to travel with my skis etc?
snow report
I think you'll be fine booking here but I'd be booking in advance, myself. Yes, you can travel with all your kit.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy