Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So, who's on for MK on the 1st July?

Poster: A snowHead
Saturday the 1st July seemed like the most popular date for a snowHead evening meet at the Milton Keynes snowdome. (See Snow Events)
So, who's coming?

(And anyone else for MK this tuesday (13th) 2pm or so, with Masque and me?)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

And anyone else for MK this tuesday (13th) 2pm or so, with Masque and me?

I shall be working in Northamptonshire tomorrow and this may stretch into Tuesday. I shall pop a pair of skis + gear into the car in case I can make a getaway and be in MK by 2 pm Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Who the hell isYoda Puzzled and I think we'll probably get there about 14:30
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, keep up boy - before undergoing major bodily trauma in Val Thorens I was Alan Craggs Laughing later the better for me I should think - be good to try these new Elan's from the admin emporium though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yoda, oooooh no, you became the great one well before your trauma wink

hope to see you Tuesday!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Michelle, hope that to my waist line you refer not. Will be good if it all pans out, although I may be a bit smelly - will be grovelling in the 2 week old Biltong again wink Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yoda, Mrs H says "uurrrrgggggghhhhhh" Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, Michelle, - IF I'm able to do Xscape, I was allowing 1 hour for the journey to MK, and so wouldn't be there until about 3 - 3.30 ish, as boredsurfin may not arrive at The Trout until 1.00ish Confused
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IncogSkiSno, The Trout to MK is 30 min . . . so BS (Lord help me rolling eyes ) only has an hour for lunch?

Feckless is a wonderful word . . . wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well, OK, so it is around 2.30 or 3.00.

And how about the possible 1st July larger get-together which found some favour on the other thread (or at least was the date most people could do). Or do people prefer to wait till the Autumn?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque, 30 mins even better! I shall bollock my source of info Twisted Evil

An hour for lunch hmm, it is meant to be long and leisurely - a time to chill out, and hopefully enjoy the good weather and each other's company Very Happy

I shall say I'd be there 3 at the very earliest then Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowball, I can't plan that far ahead but why not? I'll try to get there
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Masque, The Trout to MK XScape in 30min? In whose helicopter?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
slikedges, Perhaps Masque will be launching that time machine that he's been building in his garage, the blueprint of those bizaare dreams he'd been having?

So was my source correct, no need for the bollocking then?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
slikedges, I used to spend far too many hours at Upper Heyford and Croughton and unless there have been major changes to the road system tween Bicester and MK, 30 min. is no prob. The Trout is is just off the North West of Oxford, a couple mins from the A34. 30 min was normal and I was driving a yanktank. Have the A4421 and A421 been restricted to 30MPH?
snow report
I'll try and be there on the 1st as long as I'm not working which I seem to be doing most weekends at the moment Sad
snow conditions
Masque, You will be at least 12 miles the wrong side of Bicester!
snow conditions
snowbunny, Up the A34 to Bicester from the Trout, round the new bypass and on to MK (turn R @ the 421) it was always about 30 min. add 10 for the p¡ssing about with car parking etc. but the basic journey's about 30 min . . . maybe I should travel on the velocipede?
ski holidays
Ok to solve the arguement I have been on the AA auto route and here is the result:

Quote:

To: Milton Keynes - Xscape,Milton Keynes | Reverse this route

Distance: 39.7 miles | View in kilometres

Time: 0 hr 58 min
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, just call me leadfoot rolling eyes
snow report
Hmmm 40 miles at a 60mph average is quick but not unreasonable ... who want's to follow my little roller skate? NehNeh
snow report
Masque, Well unless my SO gives me his SatNav for the day, I will gladly follow, as long as you don't leave ridiculously early Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Masque, sorry, mate, disagree, I'd say at reasonable speeds (and never let it be said that I don't do really quite reasonable speeds) minimum 15 minutes through Bicester and minimum 30 min to Xscape plus 10 minutes easy if traffic's anything more than pretty light - excld parking (which isn't normally that bad except in the evening)
snow report
slikedges,
Quote:

and never let it be said that I don't do really quite reasonable speeds

Well, the last time I followed you, I became convinced that BMW of your's has a supercharger Laughing
snow report
Slikedges Perhaps we should have a sweep. wink How much are you willing to gamble, and what is your predicted time for Masque's arrival at Xscape Laughing
snow report
snowbunny, Yeah and BS disappeared, through the entrance instead of the exit, in a cloud of dust rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
snowbunny, speed limit observed carefully at all times Little Angel

IncogSkiSno, it'd be too tempting for me do set dastardly and muttley style traps and diversions along your route - get that pigeon now!
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, Leave it!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D*mn, d*mn, d*mn....Sister now arriving for weekend visit on 30th June....can no longer make 1st July! Have a good time all....I'll try and get to someother get together.
snow conditions
Andy2005 and I will be coming

-----------------------------------

So keeping to discussion on 1st July trip, who is able and going to come???
snow report
See whoever turns up at 2.45 (ish) tomorrow in the cafe, or 3.15 on the slopes...
snow conditions
snowball, work has interfered with my plans so I am not able to make it I'm afraid. Next time I hope Cool
snow conditions
Well the snow was quick and generally good and no trace of the stickiness of a few months ago. Also when I arrived there was one person on the slopes!! Seems weekdays at present are a good time to go if you like empty slopes. (by the time I left, after 2 hours (£20 due to SCGB reduction), there were about 10 people.)
There is a big shelf and drop-off half way down on the right (looking down), which improves the slope and you can make quite a good jump off it if you wish.

I arrived at 2.50... no snowheads......3.00.....3.15......3.30......3.45.....4.00.........
Finally by 4.15 when I had forgotten about snowheads an man in orange jacket on a snowboard (kneeling for some reason, if I remember rightly - perhaps in suplication or just because he had lost his ballance trying to reach me) said are you snowball?
A very pleasant hour ensued, though I only felt I parially got back into the groove. Masque , who had arrived alone, seem to be getting back the feel for it after his long lay-off.
All in all you lot missed out on a good time. All hail to the Masqued rider! May we meet again soon!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 14-06-06 0:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
snowball, Sounds good to me. I was going to go, but a back injury prevented it. I'm glad Masque got there . . . but how long after he left The Trout ? Confused

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 13-06-06 20:37; edited 1 time in total
snow report
IncogSkiSno, Just as well MK is only half an hour from the Trout Toofy Grin
snow report
40min. (with some indiscression and luck with traffic)
ski holidays
arrrgh... u picked the date i couldnt make SadSadSadSadSad bolox.
ski holidays
austin7, I thought you could make the 1st July!!!!
snow conditions
oh, maybe i can. hold on, i'll check. is that june which is before july ? bugrer, i be cofuddleded
ski holidays
wahayyyyyy.... ur right, i CAN go !!! most excellent, i'm coming ! i wanna go now !!! food and beers afterwards, anyone ?

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile i got confused. i though july came first and then june. but tis not so, and rah ! SmileSmileSmile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy