Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

resources to teach how to ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
So I did Telemark for my L3 second discipline instead. snowHead

This is a complete thread drift now.....

Could you telemark prior to doing it for your 2nd discipline, or did you pick it up in order to do it for your 2nd discipline?

The reason I ask is, I was having this chat with an IASI trainer the other month, and I said I was thinking of doing adaptive as my 2nd discipline as I can't snowboard, and he suggested for a decent alpine skier, telemark is quite easy to pick up, and to consider that instead.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't get telemark skiing. Someone somewhere must have said "you know what, skiing isn't hard enough on my legs, I want to introduce lunging into the mix to make them a bit more of a workout". Madness.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 30-11-22 19:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Timmycb5,
"Because it looks cool and I can do it".

wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
swskier wrote:
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
So I did Telemark for my L3 second discipline instead. snowHead

This is a complete thread drift now.....

Could you telemark prior to doing it for your 2nd discipline, or did you pick it up in order to do it for your 2nd discipline?

The reason I ask is, I was having this chat with an IASI trainer the other month, and I said I was thinking of doing adaptive as my 2nd discipline as I can't snowboard, and he suggested for a decent alpine skier, telemark is quite easy to pick up, and to consider that instead.

I learnt it specifically for that. My wife did the adaptive L1, but that sounde far too much like hard work (on my back, specifically). I'd done a few days before the course, but the required entry level wasn't really very high and in the end I improved just enough through the week and just scraped through.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chaletbeauroc wrote:

I learnt it specifically for that. My wife did the adaptive L1, but that sounde far too much like hard work (on my back, specifically). I'd done a few days before the course, but the required entry level wasn't really very high and in the end I improved just enough through the week and just scraped through.

Exactly the feedback I had around the hard work physically of adaptive.

Might have to investigate telemark, and even rent some kit at some point this season to give it a bash. One of the trainers on my L2 course next week is a telemark guy, so i'll have a chat with him also.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
@Timmycb5,
"Because it looks like hard work and I can do it".

wink

FIFY
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One of the BASI trainers said you can pretty much get through alpine skiing at L1

I can telemark reasonably well on cross country ski but the extra camber makes turn initiation harder but this girls seems to do pretty well, she has proper technique, pushing the turn ski ahead and into the turn then unweighting the trail ski due to the high camber as she goes into the turn. I'll have to practise a bit more this winter.

http://youtube.com/v/h0iclKYDtYE
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's a lovely bit of film!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy