Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort advice for 1st week of April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
benboski wrote:
A quick after the event update.

We loved Valloire and got very lucky with conditions, almost perfect (on piste) from 1900 m and higher, and with typical spring conditions below. The area was surprisingly big with very interesting and varied skiing, and perfect long easy runs for the boys to progress on. My wife described it as "my husband has found an amazing resort, maybe the best I've ever been to", and she has been all over the Alps since her school days. Prices were not too bad, cheaper than the more well known resorts, and the real authentic mountain town was a nice vibe! Very satisfied. Recommended.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, exactly why we bought a place down in the valley.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the update, @benboski! This whole thread has given me some good ideas for a trip in the same week in 2024.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One of the great services of Snowheads to British skiers has surely been to extend their knowledge of ski resorts beyond the "big names".
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
benboski wrote:
A quick after the event update.

We loved Valloire and got very lucky with conditions, almost perfect (on piste) from 1900 m and higher, and with typical spring conditions below. The area was surprisingly big with very interesting and varied skiing, and perfect long easy runs for the boys to progress on. My wife described it as "my husband has found an amazing resort, maybe the best I've ever been to", and she has been all over the Alps since her school days. Prices were not too bad, cheaper than the more well known resorts, and the real authentic mountain town was a nice vibe! Very satisfied. Recommended.

Great update, thanks. We're off to Valloire in Feb24, so really useful to hear you enjoyed it and your comments on the pistes, prices and town.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No problem, I hope you get the same great conditions we experienced in early April. Madeye-Smiley

IMG20230405154413.jpeg
IMG20230405115143.jpeg
IMG-20230405-WA0005.jpeg
IMG20230405121545.jpeg
IMG20230405121116.jpeg
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@benboski, thanks for the update. I’m glad you had a good trip.

I have wanted to ski in Valloire for a long time as as you say it has a good size ski area at reasonable altitude but I have been put off by the lack of high end self catering. Therefore we have ended up going to places like Val Cenis for the better choice of accommodation.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In the end I booked with Sunweb. My first time with them and it all seemed to go like clockwork (as long as you've got their vouchers to hand). We stayed at the 4* Chalets de Galibier across the road from the Moulin Benjamin chairlift and 0.5 km from town. They were fine, not the best 4* but pretty damn good. The swimming pool was nice to have at the end of the day too. The apartment was quite big, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and another alcove single bedroom out of the way upstairs. TBH I can't grumble at all. The price I paid was quite frankly outrageous (on the cheap side, and budget was unfortunately a consideration). £880 for the week, inclusive of the four lift passes. Very good value indeed and with very few compromises in the end. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@benboski, good to hear you had a great time. I've been looking into valloire for 2024. So great to hear a positive report Very Happy question - did you use a ski school there?

@Handy Turnip, have you found accommodation for next season yet?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Katski78, yes found a 2 bedroom apartment through Airbnb. It wasn't as cheap as the accommodation we'd normally get at Easter, but I expected that. But still pretty good value.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Handy Turnip, ah, brilliant, good to hear. The only thing so far I'd found was through Odalys. But those apartments were up on the hill. So it might be fine to ski down to the lift on a morning, but annoying to have to troop back up the hill on tired legs!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Katski78, sorry we didn't use the ski school, so can't comment.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's worth recording for those who look at this thread for forthcoming holiday plans, that those of us who were in the Alps the first week of April this year were extraordinarily lucky with some last minute snowfalls. The week before, many places which were great from 1 - 8 April had been looking pretty miserable.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy