Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck & Tirol 22/23 Snow

Poster: A snowHead
Scarlet wrote:
@EdYarker, We skied at Seefeld for a couple of hours last weekend. Sadly, it was starting to get very patchy below mid-mountain, and the blue run was in much better condition than the red on the Rosshütte side. Any off-piste had melted away, except maybe under the cable car at the top. There seems to be some more snow on the way Tue/Wed, though you possibly need to be in the Arlberg/Paznauntal or Kaprun to get the full benefit.

I would stay high for your other days – I assume you're heading to Obergurgl/Sölden, so that should work out ok. There is a train station at the end of the valley – is it not possible for you to do bus-train-bus or bus-train-taxi from the airport?

Ok I feared as much for Seefeld. A lot will depend on that mid week snow… or not.
If we are able to get the extra couple of days my thought was to stay in Oetz village and ski the local slope- which looks like a day’s worth and then either Kuhtai or Solden via the bus in the second day before transferring to Seefeld for our last day (and two nights).
Bus train bus could work on the way there as our flight arrives at 15.00, so no chance of a cheeky ski that day anyway, but would rather just get a transfer straight from Oetz to Seefeld after a day’s skiing.

Sounds like with the conditions as they are, these higher resorts would be a good option though?
Thanks for the feedback
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scarlet wrote:
@EdYarker, We skied at Seefeld for a couple of hours last weekend. Sadly, it was starting to get very patchy below mid-mountain, and the blue run was in much better condition than the red on the Rosshütte side. Any off-piste had melted away, except maybe under the cable car at the top. There seems to be some more snow on the way Tue/Wed, though you possibly need to be in the Arlberg/Paznauntal or Kaprun to get the full benefit.

I would stay high for your other days – I assume you're heading to Obergurgl/Sölden, so that should work out ok. There is a train station at the end of the valley – is it not possible for you to do bus-train-bus or bus-train-taxi from the airport?

Ok I feared as much for Seefeld. A lot will depend on that mid week snow… or not.
If we are able to get the extra couple of days my thought was to stay in Oetz village and ski the local slope- which looks like a day’s worth and then either Kuhtai or Solden via the bus in the second day before transferring to Seefeld for our last day (and two nights).
Bus train bus could work on the way there as our flight arrives at 15.00, so no chance of a cheeky ski that day anyway, but would rather just get a transfer straight from Oetz to Seefeld after a day’s skiing.

Sounds like with the conditions as they are, these higher resorts would be a good option though?
Thanks for the feedback
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scooter in Seattle, Sorry, can't help you, but you might want to ask that on the Saalbach thread as it's in Salzburg and our passes don't go that far.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@EdYarker, There was a definite improvement in the snow above about 2000m, so if you can get up above that you should be ok. I haven't skied Hoch Ötz and haven't been to Kühtai in a while, so I'm not sure what they are like right now. Kühtai certainly gets battered by the wind, but the pistes are usually ok.

I'd have thought that once you are in the rail system, you could get to Seefeld pretty easily, presumably with a change in Innsbruck, though I've never done it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Scooter in Seattle, ive been touring today in the kitzbühler alpen. Had some decent snow between 1400 and 2000 was maybe 6" of fresh dropped. cant say for the kitz ski side but I'm guessing it would be similar
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scooter in Seattle, Unlikely that SH would have better conditions than Kitz more of the lower slopes are exposed to the sun. If you do fancy a change of scenery then head for Fieberbrunn, its around 30 mins from Kizbühel and is part of the SH area. The lifts are a kilometre or two east of the village, there is a big car park. I doubt any other of the nearby areas will be better than Kitzbühel. There is the glacier at Kaprun or there is Königsleitern / Gerlos but you are heading to the Zillertal anyway. There is also the smallish Wildkogel area not far from Mittersill (other side of Pass Thurn), it is pretty high though has a southerly aspect.. The snow seems decent at altitude it is the lower places that are struggling most.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Danexxo, Sölden/Obergurgl is likely to be a decent choice other options to look at would be Ischgl, Galtür (though depends on what sort of skiing you want),& St Anton. If it gets really warm & dry in the next week or two Hintertux might be worth considering
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mother hucker, what touring did you do? Interested to know summit, could you skin from and/ or ski to the car, if not how much ski carrying? If you don’t mind sharing!

We’re driving out to Alps late March. A few weeks yet before we decide where to aim but trying to work out how conditions are at present. Have done plenty day and hut-to-hut tours in Tirol before now, would be good to get back there.

Ta
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Inboard, sonnspitze summit, from the wildparkweg Road. There's a carpark just before the zoo. From there walking/ATV path takes you to the fun. Plenty of options once you hit the hochwildalm hut(closed in winter) could almost tour from the car
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mother hucker, thanks - great to know.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Inboard wrote:
@Mother hucker, what touring did you do? Interested to know summit, could you skin from and/ or ski to the car, if not how much ski carrying? If you don’t mind sharing!

We’re driving out to Alps late March. A few weeks yet before we decide where to aim but trying to work out how conditions are at present. Have done plenty day and hut-to-hut tours in Tirol before now, would be good to get back there.

Ta

I was touring last weekend in the same area too (Kelchsau/Langer Grund). Didn't get around to looking at my photos yet, but powder up top and plenty of snow low down. My friends hut is at ~1270m but beyond the last official car park at 1200m the road is uncleared and had at minimum a decent 50cm of snow on it.

@Scooter in Seattle, if the snow is bad in Kitzbühel it wouldn't make much sense to go to Saalbach from there. Saalbach has had a bit more snow overall this season but conditions will be very similar in both places. If you want different conditions, either go higher (in the area that probably means Zillertal/Hintertux or Schladming/Dachstein?) or further west to Arlberg/Ischgl. That probably doesn't make a huge amount of sense (and probably isn't necessary either) for a day from Kitzbühel, but Kitz > St Anton should be about two hours on the train each way.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@clarky999, brilliant. Thanks. We’ll be very happy if we get back to Tirol. Will keep my eye on the thread in coming weeks…
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks all. I'll probably just take what Kitz has to offer since I'll be heading to Zillertal later in the trip. My daughter -now a Londoner- is meeting me so that's the main attraction anyway...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Came back last week. We ended up in Stubai Glacier and Schlick 2000. They are both so beautiful and plenty of wide slopes. Will definitely come to Austria again (people are so nice too).

78-D313-BC-6-D2-F-404-B-A4-E7-501-B399-DABCA
Schlick 2000

4-E8-B8-E08-C448-4718-9-DD8-BC731553-F516
Stubai Glacier
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
bellpresser wrote:
Came back last week. We ended up in Stubai Glacier and Schlick 2000. They are both so beautiful and plenty of wide slopes. Will definitely come to Austria again (people are so nice too).

I’ve had many great trips to Stubai and Schlick in the past. Is the bar/cafe at the Schlick bus stop just as noisy and fun at the end of the day?
I may have to look into visiting (early season) next year rolling eyes
snow conditions
Just came into Innsbruck this pm and it looks greener than I’ve ever seen it during ski season.
@bellpresser, Good to see your picks with plenty of snow. I went to Schlick last year and loved it.
I’m sure there will be decent conditions up high tomorrow (Oetz and Kuhtai), I will report back. Just thought/ hoped there had been a bit of a dump yesterday?
latest report
Quick update from Kitzbuhel today: 0-4” new over thawed and refrozen cord. Off-piste, the new snow looked tempting but I’m pretty sure it was just hiding terra firma. Cloudy to start and end the day, but some sun midday. Pistes are still free of rocks and dirt. Zero lines. Finally softened on the lower mtn around 13:00.

As an aside, MUC was absolutely deserted yesterday, it was freaky weird. Apparently due to the strike at four other German airports.

Here’s hoping my delayed ski bag arrives tomorrow…..
snow report
Kuhtai and Hochoetz in pretty decent shape for piste skiing today. Full sunshine but thankfully not as hot as some forecasts had predicted. The lower slopes only became a bit slushy towards the end of the day.

The former showed signs of relatively fresh off piste tracks but not many people at it today. Looks like a good area for off piste during better conditions though.
Looking forward to another day in this area tomorrow and then on to Seefeld.
snow report
i"m off to neustift on april 18 for 3 days skiing up on the stubai glacier, i will be on my own, i am yet to book up my accomodation, as i cant decide between half board or bed and breakfast, are there any takeaway options in neustift or is it all just restaurants, any other tips and advice on neustift and the stubai glacier will,be welcome, for this trip i will be flying in to innsbruck and using public transport......thanks.
ski holidays
Not totally non ski related but mainly.

Came down to Innsbruck after work tonight with the missus as she has a music rehearsal tonight and we wanted to check out some touring skis from Willhaben. (Turned out to be fantastic and we've bought them)

Got myself a take away pizza from Trattoria-Pizzeria Due Sicilie. WOW! I'm sure innsbruck locals know it, but that was one of the best pizzas I've had.

For those that don't know it and are going to be in innsbruck some time, check them out!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy