Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PdS Black Friday Lift Pass Offer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Seems like the best place to post this but the PdS will be having a Black Friday lift pass sale, 6 days for the price of 3 for passes between 07.01.2023 and 28.01.2023

https://en.portesdusoleil.com/prices/liftpass-deals/black-friday.html
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did anyone manage to secure tickets through the Black Friday offer? We tried first thing this morning...

There didn't seem to be any link to access the deal - after a page refresh we found that the link only seemed to appear when we changed the site language from English to French.

Managed to then create an account and add 4 passes. Got as far as adding address details but the country drop-down list was all out of order and couldn't find any UK or Scotland country options. Tried changing the language back to UK but it then said my tickets were no longer available. Changing back to French it was then the same.

We tried to check the General Terms on the site in case it somehow excluded the UK from the deal but the link went to a missing page notice.

We took screen-shots of everything and emailed via the contact us form to complain and request we get the tickets at the advertised price but I don't hold out much hope!

Not sure if it was just a badly developed site/system or they were choosing not to offer the deal to the UK, but either way it was pretty frustrating. Interested to hear if anyone had any better success!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I tried it at around 0815 but I think all sold out. It was limited to 1000 across the PDS. Lried Chatel, Les Gets and Portes du Soleil websites and no joy on any of them.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Absolute merde show! Same issue for me on the EN language page. Tried in French and had a pass in my basket but it timed out and now says all gone.

Prior it said 1,000 season passes were available but no mention of a limit on the 6 day passes which is what I was after.

Typical French web design!

Still hopeful they may fix it in a bit. They’re clearly still trying to fix the site as the pages keep changing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The EN language site now has a link to the 6 day passes that is clickable but loads to a page telling us the season passes are sold out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We managed to get a couple after many unsuccessful attempts. There are some other Black Friday discounts from various PdS vendors which may still be available which I've detailed in the main Portes du Soleil thread here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=161262&start=80#5038421

I hope if you have screenshots then the lift pass company may be sympathetic as the website was truly terrible this morning, and lots of people will have missed out through no fault of their own. Similar issues on the Morzine site for their own Black Friday offer, and even the Avoriaz one had some problems.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's a BOGOF for 1 day PDS passes for the same January dates. We have a long weekend booked for 13-16 Jan and it let me load up 4x1 day passes and assign them to our existing lift tickets. End result, 4 days PDS for 2 people at €117 per person, which is a bargain.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Same here - we are actually in Les Gets over the same weekend. Despite the advertised restrictions of 1 Black Friday transaction per account, I managed to purchase 3 separate lots of 4 passes on the same email address. So like you, we’ve paid €117 for each one of our 3 days (2 adults + 2 children) plus cards / carre neige. I was expecting to pay for 1 adult and 1 child but I think we just got the kids’ passes for free. Either way, we’ve saved circa €200. Not bad at all.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy