Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Via Lattea second week of December?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Going to Via Lattea second week of December for a few days, but can still reshedule.
Can't find any clear info on when do they open various parts of Via Lattea.
Wondering whether it is snow sure (has snowmaking) for this timing?
Which part of Via Lattea would be the best bet?
Thinking of settling in Claviere, but can adjust.
Many thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There probably won't be much open, we went the same week last year to Sauze and there were only 2 lifts operating, no links open.
That being said, there was no one there and you could ski like a lunatic and never come within 100 meters of anyone else! it was absolutely fantastic! Any pistes that were open were in immaculate condition with bits of choppy off piste for variety in-between.
The resort was just gearing up for the season and some shops / bars hadn't opened but still a good vibe in the ones that were open.
Depends on what you want, we had a lovely, relaxed week but for a lot of people it wouldn't have suited.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last year early season was good. We went to Madonna at the same time and had lots of fun.
This year I've yet to see a decent snow dump, so snow making may be critical.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Montgenevre is normally the best option for early and late season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Still need a lot more snow up there, in all of the Via Lattea having driven through it on Sunday.

The dump that was expected late yesterday and today never materialised, more on that here, and looking forward, it does seem very dry for the next few weeks Sad

Montgenevre is probably the best placed to make a go of what they have got, and their snow canon was working went I went through there.

I'll be going back on Sunday again, stopping off for lunch in Claviere, so will be able to provide another update.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the update, would appreciate one on Sunday as well. Fingers crossed the bigger dump will come.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Weathercam wrote:

I'll be going back on Sunday again, stopping off for lunch in Claviere, so will be able to provide another update.

Any update? Thanks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ZuikiZ, sorry I posted the update in the wrong thread rolling eyes

Here it is, though not brilliant news I'm afraid, though maybe some snow for Sestriere back end of this week, could be clutching at forecast model straws as not all are in agreement.

Drove to Turin and back yesterday with lunch and a walk in Claviere.

In normal seasons it would have been the opening weekend for Montgenevre, but they are definitely not ready, and the South side looks very dry, that said they have been running the canons from the looks of things unlike here in Serre Chevalier.

Think that next weekend there should be some skiing there.

Claviere was not looking too good and it was obvious that the upper slopes of Sestriere, Sauze and San Sicario did not see the light coverage that happened here last week, and the runs into resorts were barren, so all in all quite bleak.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy