Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free lifts in Passo Tonale

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me and the twins are off to Passo Tonale 31st December, arriving at 12 noon, settled and kitted out by 3pm I imagine.

The lift pass doesn't kick in until the next day, so, are there any free drags near the road for the last hour or so of the day?

Also, any recommendations for me and a pair of 13yo, either skiing or dining?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was last in Paso in 2019 and no free lifts as I recall.

La Baracca, Magic Pub and El Bait all good for a drink/snack, Bar Chalet Savoia was very good for lunch. To be fair everywhere was pretty good and pretty well priced.

Skiing wise the whole area is pretty well linked and good fun. The Ponte De Legno area is best for Intermediates,

Your lift pass may give you a day in Madonna De Campligo which I think is only 45 mins away on the bus which would be worth doing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As PP has pointed out I don’t think you’ll find any free lifts, I’m pretty sure you need a pass even for the kids drag lifts - but even if you didn’t it is bit of a walk to get to it.

Magic Pub (which is near the lift pass office) is good for lunch and/or apres and if you want a fantastic pizza then La Torretta next door is perfect. It’s quite a posh looking place inside but they let you in in ski boots. Prices are good (well they were last time I was there!) with a big pizza costing about €10. It’s a great place to have a long lunch if the weather is bad!

Best place for lunch is Refugio Corno d’aola which is at the top of the two man chair lift in Ponte di Legno. Some of the best skiing is in this area as well.

The Presena glacier is well worth a visit and if you are good skiers (I’m not particularly but usually attempt it!) then the uninterrupted run from the top of the glacier at 3000m down to the chair to Ponte di Legno at 1300m is a must.

For easier skiing then the best area is Contrabbandiari where there are some decent reds and a long blue back. Also the long blue to the mid station on the Ponte di Legno gondola is good.

Definitely go over to Madonna di Campiglio for a day, it should be included on your area pass. If you are with Crystal etc then they will put a bus on at about €30 each (obviously this may have gone up!) or you can get a free ski bus to the gondola at Marilleva which takes you over to Madonna. Personally having done both I would pay for the tour operators bus, it takes you right into the resort and you probably end up with more skiing. It’s also a fair trek back over to Marilleva and you don’t want to miss the bus! Having said that I almost missed the Crystal bus back which would have been even more expensive!

Enjoy.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just a heads up about lift passes - there's a very wide array of options, which have changed a bit in the last few years.

If I recall correctly there's a local pass which just covers the linked Ponte di Legno-Tonale ski area. Or you can buy a Skirama pass covering several resorts further east (e.g. Marilleva, Madonna di Campiglio, Pejo and more). Or there are daily supplements you can add to the local pass if you're only venturing further afield for a day or two.

Finally you can also add Aprica - a ski resort nearby to the west - as a supplement to the local pass. It's little-known but a fair-sized area and quite good fun for a day.

Finally, there is now "dynamic pricing", so you can get 25% off if you buy online in advance.

For your arrival day I think there's a three hour pass (which we used in 2018) but it's quite expensive.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We will be going to Passo Tonale in the motorhome mid Jan to meet friends who have booked a week with Crystal. I'll buy a Skirama pass once we arrive as we will have time to spend about a week in each resort. Reluctant to fork out for a season pass in advance though as it's only a 50 quid saving.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy