Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hintertux

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just been on the ryanair site and can get a reasonable flight from Dublin in early July. I am unsure of which resort is best in Austria for summer skiing. Also I'll need a cheap transfer for it to be viable. Does anyone have any suggestions.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Edmundh009, I think that your title says it all.

Out of the Austrian glaciers, I have only skiied at Hintertux, but from my research that I did before I went I found that it offers the best skiing of all of them, both in terms of variation of pitch and km of piste open.

There may not be much open then however Crying or Very sad .

I can recommend Badhotel Kirchler as a base. It offers great sized rooms, excellent food and is one of the few with an outdoor and indoor pool.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just seen your comment on transfer. Are you not prepared to hire a car? That would give you the best flexibility and isn't expensive. You could get a train to Mayrhofen and then a taxi, but then don't stay at the hotel above as that is still about a km from the gondoler. The Rinderhof is owned by the same people and is ideally placed right next to the gondoler.

In terms of ski/boot hire, the best place is probably Nenner at the Tuxer Fernerhaus level, that way you don't have to carry them right to the bottom each day. If you are going with children the other skihire shop in the village (forgotton name) gives better discounts.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where is the best site to book online. Not getting much from expedia or travelocity.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Car hire is going to work out at around £125 at least (corsa). surely I can get a transfer for cheaper than that.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Edmundh009, I have always booked direct.

Hotel suggested above are http://www.badhotel-kirchler.at/

Car hire try these

http://www.fleeteurope.co.uk/main.aspx?page=wwh
http://www.carhire3000.com/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is it just you going, how long are you staying and are you looking to do anything other than ski
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am thinking of going for 7 nights. I am looking mainly to ski, I know there is only around 20km of terrain but I can only get a flights out on back every Sat.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hintertux is right at the end of the valley and if you want to do anything else (apart from hill walking) then a car is a must as you are about 25minutes from the nearest train station and there wouldn't be many (if any) buses.

If you just want to ski and stay around the village, then train/taxi from Mayrhofen for one would probably be cheaper than a hire car. Austrian railways are traditionally cheap, but I have never used them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Changed my mind. It was all a bit too much effort for me. RyanAir seems to be the only carrier at the minute which doesn't have riduculous prices. Going on the BUSC summer session instead. £187 flight with Easyjet and £285 for holiday inc insurance, accomodation, transfer and lift pass.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The local Tux buses were not running the week that Ray Zorro and I were there, they were due to start again the following week.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Edmundh009, Are you coming here? (BUSC)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
the BUSC summer session this year is held in Tignes. 1st July -8th July.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy