Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Davos v Arosa

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Went to Davos last year at Feb half term and had a great time. Got very lucky with the snow and I was amazed at how much untracked powder there was around for such a big resort. I was also very surprised at the hotel deals, much cheaper than big resorts in France and cheaper than the hotel we originally had booked in Lech. So we are tempted to go back but also like the look of Arosa. Dad and two teenagers who just love skiing off piste. Any thoughts on Arosa?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Davos every time for off-piste. Arosa is very nice, but more family oriented - we really enjoyed it for a week in March in the sun.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have been to both and enjoyed them both. As you say, at school half term the prices seem decent compared with France where they are massively hiked for that week. And you don't get the queues of the big French resorts. Watch out for the restaurant prices though.

We don't ski off-piste, so can't say how Arosa would compare. The way Davos covers a big area - in disconnected domains - clearly gives a lot of scope; parts of Arosa have a fairly dense network of pistes which must limit the opportunity for off-piste, though I would guess that there are quite a few opportunities in the linked resort of Lenzerheide.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I always stay in Lenzerheide on the east side and spend a couple of the sunnier days in Arosa which is lovely. Lenzerheide is a bit bigger and has a shorter transfer too (I also find it less busy and condensed but then as I say I tend to ski Arosa on the sunnier days so could be part of it). I don’t ski off piste either but people I know definitely have. I’d recommend Epic ski school if Lenzerheide appeals — Luke would have some great ideas for you and your teens.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another vote for Epic in Lenzerheide.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've only had one day in Arosa (while spending a week in Lenzerheide) and my impression was that, while it was enjoyable, it was not in the same league as Davos/Klosters. If you are after off-piste then there are so many options in Davos. Did you ski with a guide last year? If not, then I would really recommend it as they can take you routes you wouldn't necessarily spot by just looking at the piste map. I'm thinking going off the back on Jacobshorn, Reinerhorn, Pischa and Madrissa into valleys outside the main ski area and getting bus or train back. Then of course there are all the marked off piste itineraries to chooses from.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@DCG, we didn’t hire a guide, did one itinerary off the Jakobshorn to Teufi which was amazing so will look to do the other ones if conditions allow
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Guernseyfreerider, that is a lovely run with a nice restaurant at the end followed by bus back to the lift system.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have also heard great reports about Davos / Klosters off piste and would love to go if it wasn’t such a schlep.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BobinCH wrote:
Have also heard great reports about Davos / Klosters off piste and would love to go if it wasn’t such a schlep.

It’s easy by car and beautiful scenery along the way.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
AL9000 wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Alas 4 hours by car with the dog and then paying for accommodation and lift passes for 4 is a pretty powerful disincentive for a weekend away from the Verb. First world problems…
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BobinCH wrote:
AL9000 wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Alas 4 hours by car with the dog and then paying for accommodation and lift passes for 4 is a pretty powerful disincentive for a weekend away from the Verb. First world problems…

That's a pity as it is an excellent off-piste area. Not particularly extreme (at least, not the places I've been) but wonderful opportunities to ski mountains, meadows and forests away from it all and then end up in a location where there's either a bus or train to get you back into the system.
If you do go. I would recommend Walter von Balmoos as a guide who also has a sports shop called Fullmoons in Davos Platz.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@BobinCH, we went at half term last year and I was really surprised by completed lack of lift lines which is another good reason to go back. I haven’t been to Verbier at half term but heard it can get a tad busy!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guernseyfreerider wrote:
@BobinCH, we went at half term last year and I was really surprised by completed lack of lift lines which is another good reason to go back. I haven’t been to Verbier at half term but heard it can get a tad busy!

It sounds like a great spot and I’ll go one day!

But honestly when you know Verbier it is pretty easy to avoid traffic when conditions are good. Holiday makers don’t ski many of the classic lines snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy