Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where can oldies ski for free?

Poster: A snowHead
As a senior I find that I can get a discount for a ski pass in a lot of places.
But which resorts offer Seniors Free Ski Lift passes and at what age?
Also does anyone know if there are any resorts that offer non skiing seniors reasonably priced tickets to meet up with the gang up on the mountain for lunch?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just had a look at the Espace Diamant, as I was wondering whether I'd get a free "over 75" this year. But no - just a reduction to the same price as for kids 5 - 15.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Pam, I had to look up "Espace Diamant" .. its not far down the road from St Gervais, that would be nice.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les Arcs offers a free pass to over 75's (you pay for the card though - 10 euro), so maybe La Plagne also does..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flaine over 75’s ski free.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
gsb wrote:

Also exemplary for mixed group with non skiing participants having easy access to many of the same cafè restaurants as skiers around the main village to facilitate very inclusive holiday.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@DrLawn, The Espace Diamant has nearly 200kms of lift-linked pistes. It's quite big!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The 3 Valleys traditionally offered free passes to over 75s. What's the odds they've now scrapped it?

I would most certainly have a flutter on that Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tignes Val D still free for the over 75s.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bergmeister wrote:
The 3 Valleys traditionally offered free passes to over 75s. What's the odds they've now scrapped it?

I would most certainly have a flutter on that Sad
Still free
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Free lift passes are wonderful but the older you get the harder it is to get insured.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As a "Super Senior" I get reduced season passes at Whitefish in Montana. They used to be free but about 3 seasons back they started charging. I blame all the high vertical-logging old folks at our mountain for that.

If you bought before September 30, it was $609 for 65 and older. $154 for 70 and older. (For comparison, adult rates are $719 for the season.)

Day tickets range depending on how and when you buy them but can be $94 for a single day for adults, $32 for super seniors, $80 for 65-69. (Those prices are a good deal in the States.)

@Jehu, what kind of insurance are you talking about? Medical? Extraction? Off piste? I was able to buy Austrian Alpine membership with its insurance, travel insurance which included medical, and the "safety card" at the resort in Austria last March and I'm 70. No issues. Of course, I didn't need any of it, maybe it's different when you try to use it?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
what kind of insurance are you talking about?
That'll be normal travel insurance for holidays abroad - ie covering everything from holiday cancellation costs, baggage, medical costs (for on and off the ski slopes) and (God forbid!) repatriation of a body in the worst possible scenario Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Seniors 80+ ski for free this year at Killington, VT
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am off to Bourg St Maurice in Jan and am an old fa*t ... Lift passes are free for the 75s+ in Val D'Isere Tignes and the 3 Valleys.. the Paradis ski and La Rosiere don't mention the over 75 but their senior discount is up to 74 so I am assuming 75+ is free
snow report
Looks like Les Gets have dropped their free pass for over 75s. It’s still pretty cheap at €46 for 6 days though.
snow conditions
Alpe D'Huez give a decent 2/3rds ish off for 72+, e.g. 94EUR instead of 292EUR for 6 days. Much smaller discount for 65+ (about 10%).
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
Looks like Les Gets have dropped their free pass for over 75s. It’s still pretty cheap at €46 for 6 days though.

Season pass is even better value at €57
ski holidays
Cheers guys, I didn't realise there were so many advantages to growing up.
I was offered free insurance for life from Nat West Bank when I was younger..
But they charge £75 per year now which though reasonable ain't free any more it Covers me for off piste as long as with guide,
I wish I had looked into this subject of free super senior passes before I chose Crans Montana for this season's February family outing.
I saw something about Baquira in the Pyrenees that got me going.
snow conditions
Glenshee if over 75. I've had free passes there for the last couple of years, but been unable to use them. Firstly Covid then a knee replacement. This year, knowing things are going to be hard for a lot of businesses, despite being eligible, I've paid for it.

Grandvillara (Andorra) give free lift passes to oldies - I think it's over 70s.
ski holidays
Season Pass at Paradiski (La Plagne+Les Arcs) is 50eur for +75 years old
ski holidays
gsb wrote:
yes, and the rest of Grand Massif (Morillon, Samoens, Les Carroz, Sixt).
But as someone pointed out, insurance gets trickier! OH has Nationwide FlexPlus insurance which does the job, with a supplement (£65) if over 70. Not sure what the upper age limit is.
snow conditions
deerman wrote:
Glenshee if over 75. I've had free passes there for the last couple of years, but been unable to use them. Firstly Covid then a knee replacement. This year, knowing things are going to be hard for a lot of businesses, despite being eligible, I've paid for it.

Grandvillara (Andorra) give free lift passes to oldies - I think it's over 70s.

Grandvillara did do but they change it to 75+ but I think Les 2 Alpes comes in at 72 ...they used to be 70 but info is difficult to find
ski holidays
Resort Age Discount
3 Valleys 75 Free
Les 2 Alpes 72 -66%
Espace Diamant 75 Free
Glenshee 75 Free
Grand Massif 75 Free
Grandvillara 70 Free
Killington 80 Free
La Plagne 75 Free
La Rosiere 75 Free
Les Arcs 75 Free
Les 2 Alpes 72 -66%
Les Gets 75 46€ 6day
Paradis ski 75 50€ Season
Tignes  75 Free
Val D'Isere 75 Free
Whitefish  70 $154 season
Flaine 75 Free

Please let me know if I've made a mistake in this table
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:

Oooh! A choice between heating the home or a season pass! Shocked Shocked
snow report
@DrLawn, good table. Something to look forward to! No Austrian or Swiss resorts. Probably not a surprise, but would be good if someone surprised us.
snow report
twoodwar wrote:
@DrLawn, good table. Something to look forward to! No Austrian or Swiss resorts. Probably not a surprise, but would be good if someone surprised us.

The Arlberg Ski pass (St Anton, Lech, Zurs, Warth, Schrocken & Sonnenkopf) has small discount for over 65's and a big discount for over 75's. So not free but still a very good deal.

Prices are here:
https://www.stantonamarlberg.com/XooWebKit/bin/download.php/inline/10f93_08cbd0610e/tarifblatt-e-22-23.pdf
latest report
What about nixmap’s place Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DrLawn wrote:

I think you've got L2A twice. Was one of them supposed to be Alpe D'Huez?
latest report
@DrLawn, I'm delighted to see Espace Diamant free for over 75s in your table. when I looked it up recently I thought the deal was that over 75s paid the same as kids 5 - 15. Who don't get a big reduction on the adult prices. I'd be thrilled to be wrong......
snow report
DrLawn wrote:
Resort Age Discount

you have Grandvilerra wrong

"Senior Gold ski pass: Grandvalira understands "Senior Gold" the adults born in 1947 or before. Free ski pass. Direct collection at the ticket office. Official proof of age required".
latest report
Long gone are the days they did them for 60+ then.
snow report
DaveD wrote:

"Senior Gold ski pass: Grandvalira understands "Senior Gold" the adults born in 1947 or before. Free ski pass. Direct collection at the ticket office. Official proof of age required".

Proof of age - both parents vouching for you? Laughing
snow report
I remember chasing the senior pass when I was 60 in Les Gets/PDS as each year it kept going up. But when I was63 she asked if I wanted the same as OH, I thought she meant a season pass so said oui, then found she had given me the senior season when I got out to the car. For the next two years I used to get OH to go and renew both of them so I wouldn’t have to admit to it. Once 65 I was ok.
We have skied in Austria and Italy in recent years and paid full whack inAustria apart from buying early.
Our insurance is getting a bit (latest phrase from politicians) eye watering now.
snow conditions
DrLawn wrote:
Resort Age Discount
3 Valleys 75 Free
Les 2 Alpes 72 -66%
Espace Diamant 75 Free
Glenshee 75 Free
Grand Massif 75 Free
Grandvillara 70 Free
Killington 80 Free
La Plagne 75 Free
La Rosiere 75 Free
Les Arcs 75 Free
Les 2 Alpes 72 -66%
Les Gets 75 46€ 6day
Paradis ski 75 50€ Season
Tignes  75 Free
Val D'Isere 75 Free
Whitefish  70 $154 season
Flaine 75 Free

For Les Gets, the Portes du Soleil season pass is €57 for 75+ (including all the linked resorts)

The "Montagnes d'Evian" is a pass covering 3 small ski resorts, Abondance, Bernex and Thollon-les-Memises, north of Portes du Soleil and very close to Lake Geneva. Skiing is free for 75+ and roughly half price for 70-74.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
@DrLawn, I'm delighted to see Espace Diamant free for over 75s in your table. when I looked it up recently I thought the deal was that over 75s paid the same as kids 5 - 15. Who don't get a big reduction on the adult prices. I'd be thrilled to be wrong......

This is also what I understand from the ED website, nice to see that over 75s are classified as 'Age d'Or'!
snow conditions
The Golden years from the Diamond place Madeye-Smiley
latest report
@DrLawn, I've checked again - Age d'Or definitely not free, sadly though I see they've taken up my suggestion of off peak pricing. Useful reductions on weeks outside the main school holiday times.
ski holidays
If booked and paid for 6 weeks in advance
ski holidays
@pam w, I'll make a new table then.
@caughtanedge, Sorry I gave you the wrong data.
@musehead, Thollon-les-Memises thanks for that update and it makes sense... I went there when I was too young.
@DaveD, Thanks I think I have it correct now.
@shrew, Well spotted.
@JohnS4, St Anton discounts? Wow!
@twoodwar, St Anton is now affordable if you'r born before 1948

I also recommend you check out my figures before booking a holiday on the strength of this table.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy