Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire in Les Menuires recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Have booked into Belambra Neige et Ciel hotel and wondered if anyone has any recommendations for nearby ski hire. We’ve usually gone via Alpinresorts and they have two shops in the rough vicinity of the hotel - Menuir Sports, seems quite close but more expensive and Extremountain a bit further away but cheaper.

Has anyone used either of those shops or have other recommendations?

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Smartin, i have used both shops before, with alpinresorts as well, they were both good.

menuir sports a few seasons ago for ski hire for my family, i had my own skis, and then extrememountain last season when i went on a solo trip, had already booked a day's snowboard hire to give it a whirl again, but then needed to hire skis for the last couple of days after knackering my own ones.

menuir is closer to where you are staying, just a short walk over the bridge into the shopping centre from you. though there are a couple of other shops in the brelin complex that are close to you, personally i have never used the brelin ones, but my mate who stays there always uses those shops, but that may just be because they are so close.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I can’t comment on service or quality but it appears Ski Republic offer the best rates.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
terrygasson wrote:
@Smartin, i have used both shops before, with alpinresorts as well, they were both good.

menuir sports a few seasons ago for ski hire for my family, i had my own skis, and then extrememountain last season when i went on a solo trip, had already booked a day's snowboard hire to give it a whirl again, but then needed to hire skis for the last couple of days after knackering my own ones.

menuir is closer to where you are staying, just a short walk over the bridge into the shopping centre from you. though there are a couple of other shops in the brelin complex that are close to you, personally i have never used the brelin ones, but my mate who stays there always uses those shops, but that may just be because they are so close.

Awesome feedback, thank you! I hadn’t considered the Berlin complex as it was uphill from where are staying but now see that there is a public lift (I assume you don’t need a lift pass for it) that takes you from the same area as that walkway to the Menuir Sports containing building up to Berlin.

There’s another Ski Republic/Precision Ski rental shop up in the Berlin area but slightly more expensive than Extremountain. Precision ski have just sent me a 15% voucher code for Black Friday so that may make them even cheaper than going through Alpinresorts Smile

How much more of a trek is Extremountain compared to Menuir Sports?. Another 300 metres? It looks a pretty gentle slope to walk down and up again back to our hotel even for us over 50s!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Smartin, the lift to the brelin complex is a free public lift that runs 24hrs and is about 100 yards away from where you are staying on a flat walk. the wide path is in-between the bottom of the brelin lifts and the top of the free (8am to 11pm) preyrand district pedestrian lift, which would take you down to a half a dozen other ski shop option as well

the extrememountain shop is approximately half-way through the (covered) shopping centre, maybe 150m from menuir sport, again you can walk across the bridge into the centre.
to be fair the slope down can be a bit tricky, plus you may need to navigate your way avoiding skiers whizzing past you, as you cross a slope to get to the shops this way

i was going to stay at the apartment block next to yours at christmas at the Lauzes appts (i normally stay in the preyrand district) but have had to cancel due to a serious illness to a close family member.

like most of Les Menuires, you can basically ski in and out to your accommodation

Les Menuires may not be everyone's cup of tea, and it certainly lacks the "alpine charm" of other ski resorts, but i think it is very convenient to cover all the 3v's.

if you haven't stayed there before, am happy to give you some tips on a few bars and resto's if you want.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@terrygasson,

Thanks again. I’ll give my ski mates the choice - one is an accountant, so is bound to favour Extremountain, with it being the cheapest Laughing

Did stay in an apartment in Les Menuires many years ago but can’t remember much about it. Also stayed in a chalet in la Tania in Jan 2020 and skied over to VT and LM on one day but wasn’t really looking around at shops etc Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Smartin, the more money saved on kit, is more money spent on beer Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@terrygasson,

Too right Laughing

Just need winter to turn up in the Alps
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy