Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vegan resort/accommodation recommendations please

Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to book a ski holiday in January, but I don't want to have to stress about food. If anyone has any recommendations for companies, resorts or accommodation that cater well for vegans, please let me know. Thank you! Going green
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry not very useful, but sounds real tricky when places like France and Austria eat meat and dairy 3 meals a day Laughing

Is it not just easier to go self catering?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's actually pretty easy to get decent vegan and vegetarian food in Austria these days, more so than I've found in Italy or France. Ski resorts probably harder than the cities, especially on the mountain, but the more well-known international resorts with significant numbers of higher end clientele will be the easiest. Kitzbühel, Ischgl, Arlberg...

Re. accommodation again any decent 3* or better hotel will have good vegan and veggie options these days. And the salad bars in every Austrian 3* or above hotel are generally amazing as standard.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 4-11-22 14:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quite possibly, yes. If necessary, I'll book self-catering. However, if people have recommendations for good places, it's worth finding out about them. I've not been skiing since becoming vegan, and it was pretty difficult
even finding veggie stuff when I went in 2019 - I lived on chips! it's nice to to be able to grab a cuppa and a hot meal on the slopes, and even nicer to not have to cook when you get back.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999 wrote:
It's actually pretty easy to get decent vegan and vegetarian food in Austria these days, more so than I've found in Italy or France. Ski resorts probably harder than the cities, especially on the mountain, but the more well-known international resorts with significant numbers of higher end clientele will be the easiest. Kitzbühel, Ischgl, Arlberg...

Re. accommodation again any decent 3* or better hotel will have good vegan and veggie options these days. And the salad bars are generally amazing as standard.

Thanks for that. I had it in my head that Austria would be a nightmare but I'll take a look Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The main tour operators will try to help you out - Crystal Inghams etc - as will the independent chalet companies but best avoid hotels they share/are open to the general public, better to use a chalet or "club hotel" where you won't get mixed up with other parties.
Let them know on booking and also e-mail the hotel or chalet direct before you go to confirm your requirements.
Generally, as stated, the Alpine nations are definitely meat-eaters and you'll have limited choice outside your hotel, again better to book ahead and let them know if you're eating outside your accommodation one evening.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Singerjulie wrote:
clarky999 wrote:

Re. accommodation again any decent 3* or better hotel will have good vegan and veggie options these days. And the salad bars are generally amazing as standard.

Thanks for that. I had it in my head that Austria would be a nightmare but I'll take a look Very Happy

No worries! Honestly the salad bars in Austrian hotels are a real highlight, even if they're only supposed to on the side of the meal - basically build our own bowl type thing with all sorts of salads, veggies, beans, dressings, oils as well as eggs and cheeses and so on.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Singerjulie,

Most UK tour operators should be able to supply vegan food. Just contact them & ask.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Singerjulie, Ignoring the usual cliches about Vegans, have a look at these:

https://www.hochkoenig.at/en/winter/eat-drink/vegetarian-vegan-vacations.html
https://www.skiamade.com/en/Experience-Ski-amade/Ski-amade-Social/Blog/Vegan-and-vegetarian-on-the-mountain_bba_877632
https://www.hotel-alpendorf.at/en/hotel/vegan-cuisine.html

There was a similar thread a couple of years ago too: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=150112
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
+1 for the Austrian salad bars. Hard not to gorge on them before the main meal arrives.

When I was looking for accommodation in Flachau for next year I saw the Hotel Tauernhof had Vegan options for an additional supplement per night.

I get the impression that, as others have said, vegetarian and vegan food is becoming easier to find in Austrian resorts.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There have been reports that the hotel in Serre Chevalier used for the SOPiB was good for vegans.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
as well as eggs and cheeses and so on.

That won’t help vegans…
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I seem to remember there being several vegan places (including a hotel I think) in Seefeld.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
abc wrote:
Quote:
as well as eggs and cheeses and so on.

That won’t help vegans…

Thanks abc, I had realised that Laughing Which is why I added it to the end "as well as" for the vegetarians (lots of people don't seem to realise that veggies want protein too) out there wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
@Singerjulie, Ignoring the usual cliches about Vegans, have a look at these:

https://www.hochkoenig.at/en/winter/eat-drink/vegetarian-vegan-vacations.html
https://www.skiamade.com/en/Experience-Ski-amade/Ski-amade-Social/Blog/Vegan-and-vegetarian-on-the-mountain_bba_877632
https://www.hotel-alpendorf.at/en/hotel/vegan-cuisine.html

There was a similar thread a couple of years ago too: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=150112

That's supremely useful information - thank you!
latest report
Look at https://www.vegan-welcome.com/en/find-hotels/vegan-hotels.html?c=AT

For example Hotel Theresia on the outskirts of Hinterglemm (directly opposite a lift that takes you into the Ski Circus, with a ski bus stop right outside, and only 10 minutes walk into Hinterglemm in the evening). There are a number of hotels now offering vegan options - on the mountain the choices might still be limited, but many of the mountain restaurants are now also offering more than just the traditional "meat and potato" lunches. Also look at the individual ski resort/tourist office websites.
ski holidays
clarky999 wrote:
Singerjulie wrote:
clarky999 wrote:

No worries! Honestly the salad bars in Austrian hotels are a real highlight, even if they're only supposed to on the side of the meal - basically build our own bowl type thing with all sorts of salads, veggies, beans, dressings, oils as well as eggs and cheeses and so on.
But the eggs and cheeses wouldn't be Vegan, just a vegetarian option, vegetarians would have no problems really with pastas, etc cheese and egg dishes, but Vegan would make it a lot more difficult, even chips may have a lard base for frying.
latest report
clarky999 wrote:
It's actually pretty easy to get decent vegan and vegetarian food in Austria these days, more so than I've found in Italy or France. Ski resorts are probably harder than the cities, especially on the mountain, but the more well-known international resorts with significant numbers of higher end clientele will be the easiest. Kitzbühel, Ischgl, Arlberg...

Re. accommodation again any decent 3* or better hotel will have good vegan and veggie options these days. And the salad bars in every Austrian 3* or above hotel are generally amazing as standard.

My daughter raves about and goes big-time on the salad buffet in Austrian hotels (4*), she often eats so much she can't face the main course.
snow report
Bob wrote:
clarky999 wrote:
It's actually pretty easy to get decent vegan and vegetarian food in Austria these days, more so than I've found in Italy or France. Ski resorts are probably harder than the cities, especially on the mountain, but the more well-known international resorts with significant numbers of higher end clientele will be the easiest. Kitzbühel, Ischgl, Arlberg...

My daughter raves about and goes big-time on the salad buffet in Austrian hotels (4*), she often eats so much she can't face the main course.

Thanks to both of you for the information. I’ll try to remember that the next time I go to Austria!

(I’m not a veggie exclusive, but I do LOVE fresh vegetables. So a good salad bar is a huge plus in my book)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy