Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What boots to pack?

Poster: A snowHead
For mid december trip to Val d'isere. Ski boots or walking boots. Looking a bit warm and unsnowy for a while ahead.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@thecramps, I take both when in doubt - though for me it is usually late March or into April when I have the same question going round in my head.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@thecramps, I always take walking boots and ski boots. Ski boots are essential and how do you get around the resort without walking boots in snow?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just don't do what I did,
The easiest way to carry bulky walking boots is to wear them but they are a pain to take on & off through security & quite warm on the plane so I didn't bother fastening them & just tucked the laces inside. Fast forward to standing in Geneva Airport looking for my brother, when I see him, I go to walk but the hooks on said walking boots were having a bit of intercourse, locking my feet together and I go down like a falling mannequin straight onto my face in front of everyone in Geneva arrivals hall Confused
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@geepee,

I totally agree with you.

I take ski boots for skiing (quel surprise), walking boots for travelling and evenings out in the town and my slippers for inside the chalet/hotel.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
welshflyer wrote:
@geepee,

I totally agree with you.

I take ski boots for skiing (quel surprise), walking boots for travelling and evenings out in the town and my slippers for inside the chalet/hotel.
+1
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski boots.

If it snows those are the ones you'll need.
If it doesn't snow any shoes will get you from your accomodation to the various cafes/bars/restaurants in town Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Slippers? Surely some trendy trainers for hotel/chalet etc!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@thecramps, Wear walking boots, pack ski boots and trainers, job done.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@thecramps, with the walking boots you'd need your ice axe, crampons and rope (+partner) So it is a bit more than just choosing footwear. Personaly, I would take the ski boots and skis. I never take any spare shoes with me on holidays. I wear my approach trainers for the journey and for walking about the resort and never see the need for any others.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thecramps wrote:
For mid december trip to Val d'isere. Ski boots or walking boots. Looking a bit warm and unsnowy for a while ahead.

It’s only the 4th of November.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Slippers Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I always take both, obvs, but I'm doing what I do everytime we have an early trip booked. Looking at webcams and snowforecast everyday and panicking. I am such a bloody wuss.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@tangowaggon, I always have my boots off and in hand when I get to the security desk. People who walk up to it and THEN start sorting electrical items, boots, belts etc get right on my tits. But I will heed your advice to avoid skidding across to the desk on my face.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@No Style,

You have to have slippers.

You can't get out of the bath/shower and put on trainers.
latest report
Good point, I was pulling his leg. We drive so I have room for both.
snow report
welshflyer wrote:
You have to have slippers.

You can't get out of the bath/shower and put on trainers.

But daahling, the hotel provides the slippers and a nice fluffy robe too, does it not? (Flicks back hair, #becauseI'mworthit.) Laughing
snow report
Quote:
But daahling, the hotel provides the slippers and a nice fluffy robe too, does it not? (Flicks back hair, #becauseI'mworthit.)

I must've overlooked them in the Ibis Budget in Albertville... rolling eyes
snow conditions
A bit glass half empty the thread. But approach trainers (goretex), ski boots, flip flops. There will loadsa snow….
latest report
I find trainers tend to be a bit slippery in snow - and very slippery on ice. Prefer walking boots. With crampons if it's icy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy