Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

liners for touring boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a narrow lo volume foot and ski the Atomic hawx ultra xtd touring boot but needs a zipfit or equilavent.On a normal.boot I need a zipfit on my Head raptors with a 93 last. to get a good fit. I spoke to somebody at Solutions 4 ft.not Colin about the latest touring version, they said they are in , but very much in short supply, my size unfortunately not available.
They said why not try asking if anybody had tried different types of liner in a touring boot and how if any success. Some while ago I did a 3 hr skin in normal boots and next day ankles were very sore. I realise there has to be some compromise and tradeoff.My main priority is the ski performance.Also I don't do the 5hr skin climbs any more just need a boot for short day tours to get to good snow.
So I was wondering if any body had tried a variety of liners.with touring boots
I am off to Kaprun early Dec, and St Anton in early Jan , I know both Brundle Sports and Jennewien have a good reputation for sorting boot problems out may be they might have some ideas.
Looking forward to any comments.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Forst, it was Alex you spoke to the other day, if you are skinning in a boot then the only Zipfit i would consider would be the GFT they are like gold dust this year, hands up, i dint order enough back in march, but i hadn't seen the liner other than a photo so wasn't going to pile a load of money into something we hadn't had in our hands, (been stung buying stuff like that before)so it was a small number that we had and they have sold through really well.... we still have 25/26/27 )

the GFT skis prety much as well as a normal zipfit but it has the rearward articulation so tours ok, in terms of liners it is by far the best at taking up volume in a low volume boot with an even skinnier foot

you might get one direct from Zipfit on line but they are shipping form Europe so be aware of the tax and shipping costs, and they are more expensive that here in the UK
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Colin,
Many thanks, I will contact Brundle Sports Kaprun ,maybe they have it in, as you say buying direct will be a lot more expensive. and you haven't my size unfortunately .
Thanks once again for your always good advice with a prompt reply.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Forst wrote:
Hi Colin,
Many thanks, I will contact Brundle Sports Kaprun ,maybe they have it in, as you say buying direct will be a lot more expensive. and you haven't my size unfortunately .
Thanks once again for your always good advice with a prompt reply.

the guy to speak to at Brundl is Fabian Stiepel, i don't think they carry zipfit, not many places do unfortunately
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Forst, can’t you just stick your existing zip fit liners into the Atomics? Won’t be as good as the touring specific model but surely miles better than touring in Alpine boots.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@CEM, @BobinCH,
I had an email from Brundl and as you say they don't do Zipfit, they recommend I come in lets see what they come up with,I will book an appointment with Fabian Steipel.
Lets see how things go I may even have to resort using a normal zipfit
Many thanks for supportive ideas.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have you looked at Palau Liners? I use a Palau Tour Lite Pro in my Atomic Backland Carbon boots and they are way better than the factory stock liner. I also have a narrow low vol. Foot but obvs unsure if this will do the trick for you.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I too have a narrrow and low volume foot and also have the Atomic hawx ultra xtd hybrid touring boot.

Lange LV / 97 last are a good alpine boot fit for me (so maybe not quite a narrow as you?). Like you I only really attained an optimium fit with Zipfit liners. Most touring and hybrid touring boots are too wide and/or have too much volume for me. I think the hawx ultra xtd are one of, if not the narrowest/ lowest vol which is probably why we both have them (but they are not as snug as I really need)!

I don't have the GFT so can't comment on those but I replaced the stock hawx ultra xtd liners with 'sized-down' Intuition Tour Pro MV and they provide a much better fit/hold than the stock without being significantly heavier or 'less articulate'. Big days of walking and skimo are a sadly still a 'blister fest' unless I premptively tape and then compeed...

As per BobinCH's suggestion, I have also done short tours using regular Zipfits in my hybrid touring boots and they have a better fit and do seem to prevent blisters but they significantly increase weight and have almost no articulation so only really viable for very short tours - the GFTs are probably worth pursuing if you don't plan to do big days.

I'm still seeking a solution for big days so I'm now trying my luck with a performance fitted (i.e. punched toes) Scarpa F1's which seem the most snug of any touring boot I've tried (and in shops I've tried on lots of different touring boots and they usually feel like wellingtons!) - fingers crossed for the coming season...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everybody, I wiil try the INtuition Tour ProMV, and the Palue Tour lite pro.and see how things go.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
winterisbetter wrote:
Big days of walking and skimo are a sadly still a 'blister fest' unless I premptively tape and then compeed...

+! for Intuition, and the solution for the above is: https://www.ezeefitsports.com/product-p/011.htm (completely solved that issue for me)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Forst wrote:
Thanks everybody, I wiil try the INtuition Tour ProMV, and the Palue Tour lite pro.and see how things go.

If nothing else you will save a ton of weight compared with the Zipfit. Them is heavy liners.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@clarky999, how thick are they?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
clarky999 wrote:
winterisbetter wrote:
Big days of walking and skimo are a sadly still a 'blister fest' unless I premptively tape and then compeed...

+! for Intuition, and the solution for the above is: https://www.ezeefitsports.com/product-p/011.htm (completely solved that issue for me)

Thanks - I'll add to my shopping list Very Happy !
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@HammondR, but the GFT are a beautiful liner. I can get fitter and have the better performance
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy