Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting from Les Deux Alpes back to London on a Thursday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a friend who needs to get back to London from LDA on a Thursday. Can the collective Snowheads knowledge offer up any suggestions for the most time/cost effective way to achieve this? Currently, he's planning a taxi down to the valley, a bus to Grenoble and then a train to Lyon St Exupery. The bus looks like it's only twice a day, so seems a bit of a risky approach.

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bus LDA to Grenoble then train to London via Paris or maybe Lille. Allow 1 hour in Grenoble and 1.5 in Paris
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidof wrote:
Bus LDA to Grenoble then train to London via Paris or maybe Lille. Allow 1 hour in Grenoble and 1.5 in Paris

Thanks. I can't find a bus from LDA to Grenoble on a Thursday? Are you aware of a specific service?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There should be a bus around 7h45 if it is like previous winters. Maybe they haven't published the 2022/23 time table yet, or maybe there are no drivers.

Still it if it like today you'd not be going anywhere, all the trains from Grenoble are stopped due to an electrical problem since 6am.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 3-11-22 14:32; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@milzibkit, Rearrange the appointment and get another 3 days skiing in before going home on the Sunday?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29 wrote:
@milzibkit, Rearrange the appointment and get another 3 days skiing in before going home on the Sunday?

That would've been my approach. It's apparently for a hastily arranged wedding on the Friday. Not his, I understand.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@milzibkit, Ah, fair do's - must be an important friend/ reli.....I know where i'd be! wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are no friends on a powder day!

TBH I'd happily miss a wedding if I was away skiing.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

It's apparently for a hastily arranged wedding on the Friday.

Is he carrying the shotgun?

May I suggest local bus to Geneva, then quibus (or is it blablacar bus?) to Genva then fly. Rome2rio gives loads of options https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Les-Deux-Alpes/Geneva#r/Bus-train
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Transaltitude run the bus to Grenoble, there was one at 7.45 last year arriving 09.30 as another poster mentioned but the timetable on their website is still not updated yet. From there it should be easy enough, train to Paris and Eurostar, can try Lille too, the transfer is easier.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great, thanks everyone.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Weddings have become a huge sacred cow - especially daft when the "Happy Couple" have been shacked up together for years. And friends are expected to drop everything and shell out for an expensive present - and often hotel accommodation too. Bah humbug.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
Weddings have become a huge sacred cow - especially daft when the "Happy Couple" have been shacked up together for years. And friends are expected to drop everything and shell out for an expensive present - and often hotel accommodation too. Bah humbug.

Lol. Telling it straight. But yes - I agree.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
there is a regular train from Grenoble to Geneva takes 2.5 hours the bus is Isère - Transisère T73 Duration:1h 40m from LDA to Grenoble changing a at Bourg d'oisins to the T75 ..leaves at 7.55am currently
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Transalitude just emailed me to say they have released timetable for this winter, looks like 7.15 departure now
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy