Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Pole Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bit of advice please.

I bought my first skis a few months back and some poles to go with them. The skis are great, tried them out in Chillfactore last week but the problem is the poles are too long. They are 135cm and I need 125cm - 130cm. My question is can you remove the grips and cut off a few cm and then reapply the grips? I have had a quick look and can't see any screws etc holding the grips on, is there any tips for removing the grips? Is this a practical idea or just plain daft? Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hot/boiling water ?

http://youtube.com/v/UEmlsnkHX64

http://youtube.com/v/S2xm8QTNPNs
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My old trick for removing motorcycle hand grips was to put a compressed air line ito the end hole & see what/who you could hit with the liberated lump of rubber Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Poshprop, cheap poles are, cheap. buy new.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As above : No problem removing grips to cut the poles

I've even done the opposite and lengthened some which were too short, by putting a couple of inches of dowel into the end of the pole and sliding the handle back on snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the tips. I'll have a crack at shortening them.
@underanewname They're not expensive poles but they're not cheap either so would rather alter them as I really like the colour.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can use a vice or anything similar... anything with a gap that is larger than the pole but smaller than the grip. Insert --> yank towards you and pop it off. Use a pole cutter to cut though you'll want to do that proper, although I suppose if it wasn't a great cut it wouldn't matter because that end will go back inside of the grips.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Poshprop, when it comes to ski kit, the colour is all that matters.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've shortened a couple of pairs of mine by 5cm, by warming the grip and pulling it off before cutting them down. You might want to check if taking 10cm off that the shaft doesn't start to taper above where the grip will fit on the shortened pole.
Tip: mark the point when the grip currently meets the pole before removing the grip. After removing the grip measure the distance from mark to end, and put a mark that distance down from the new cut end - so that you can see that you have pushed the grip fully home when you reassemble.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
@Poshprop, when it comes to ski kit, the colour is all that matters.

Look good ski good!

They are a really lovely shade of blue though Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy