Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Bent Chetler Mini Ski Question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi! I joined this group to ask a specific question. I'm not sensitive, so if it's totally ridiculous, do let me know. I am a middle-aged intermediate female skier. I'm randomly looking at the Atomic Bent Chetler Mini ski, but in size 163cm. It looks like my Marker Squire binding will fit this ski (brake width, etc.) and these skis look comparable in weight to my previous Rossignol pair that I had in 158cm. But they are kids' skis, should I avoid this? From what I can tell, there is metal underfoot. I just love the style, graphics, etc. I'm 5'6", prefer to ski a shorter more playful ski and stick mainly to blue runs at the resort. I ski at moderate speeds and prefer to just be out on the slopes more for the Vitamin D in winter, LOL, in between hot chocolate breaks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jacpuett, welcome to SHs snowHead

TBH, skis have no idea who you are but they do know what you weigh. Atomics site says these are aimed at 8-13 yos who, in my experience, are rather lighter than middle aged folks (I certainly was) and they have 90mm waists and a lot of rocker which is not optimal for intermediate piste skiing.

Not a great choice in my opinion, I'm afraid.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Okay, thank you. I weigh 129 lbs, but certainly I want the ski that is going to suit my needs. I'll look at the Atomic Bent Chetler adult skis, I might have to go with a men's shorter version. Some sites say the Atomic 100 Bent Chetler adult ski in men's is actually not gender specific. Thank you so much!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They also ski very short on piste due to the tip and tail rocker, so you need to go longer than normal
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jacpuett, tbh I don't think you want much wider than around an 85mm waist either ...

Something like this would seem a lot more suitable https://www.rossignol.com/fr/raklm01-000.html
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can get bents in 85 now too
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ajc2260626, Rossis at 74mm seem like better idea to me ...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jacpuett wrote:
Hi! I joined this group to ask a specific question. I'm not sensitive, so if it's totally ridiculous, do let me know. I am a middle-aged intermediate female skier. I'm randomly looking at the Atomic Bent Chetler Mini ski, but in size 163cm. It looks like my Marker Squire binding will fit this ski (brake width, etc.) and these skis look comparable in weight to my previous Rossignol pair that I had in 158cm. But they are kids' skis, should I avoid this? From what I can tell, there is metal underfoot. I just love the style, graphics, etc. I'm 5'6", prefer to ski a shorter more playful ski and stick mainly to blue runs at the resort. I ski at moderate speeds and prefer to just be out on the slopes more for the Vitamin D in winter, LOL, in between hot chocolate breaks.

I think they’ll be fine if you’re not smashing them
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BobinCH, “small kids skis for an adult?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name, depends on the ability of the skier Very Happy a lot would find 74 too narrow for off piste work, indeed the Basi courses are now say just under 80mm for piste work never mind of the side and back
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ajc2260626, of course, but "intermediate" OP "sticks mainly to blue runs at the resort" " for the vitamin D" ...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:
@BobinCH, “small kids skis for an adult?

My 12yo smashes it on skis like that so I don’t see the problem for someone only 10kg heavier skiing in a more relaxed style. I mean they are 1450g for the 163 which is only 100g lighter than my 184cm 112mm waisted DPS Pagoda Tours.

And 13m radius will be absolutely fine pootling about on piste.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@BobinCH, maybe, just don't seem optimal for the requirements.

Mind you, when primary criterion is colour ...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy