Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not Vegas, Baby

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/l8FCyBGgJDY&t=92s
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kind of like the Brecon Beacons in places.

They trade style for "gnarl" way more than I'd ever want to. It's impressive to see people riding stuff like that, but it's not my cup of tea.
I bet you can't get a decent coffee for 500 miles in any direction either.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
phil_w wrote:
Kind of like the Brecon Beacons in places.

They trade style for "gnarl" way more than I'd ever want to. It's impressive to see people riding stuff like that, but it's not my cup of tea.
I bet you can't get a decent coffee for 500 miles in any direction either.

Very much so, but you can get decent coffee at the car park and great coffee and meals at the Nant Ddu 5 mins down the road

https://nant-ddu-lodge.co.uk/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mike Pow,
Brilliant video! Thanks for posting Very Happy .

I would love that remote skiing but can safely say we don't have the avalanche awareness/training to ever do something like that unaccompanied (by a qualified guide).

Some of the footage reminds me a lot of the experience at Silverton, Colorado, and I can't wait to get back there in February for our 3rd visit. Very Happy Very Happy

For those who aren't familiar with Silverton I can't recommend it enough. It's a one chairlift operation and you hike from the top of the chair, with a guide, for between 10 and 40 minutes to access each run. Mind, that's a bit tough at 14,000 feet when (like us) you fly in from sea level Shocked . It's well worth it though.

Here is a link to the website, for those interested:

https://silvertonmountain.com/

We've booked 3 days skiing there, as part of a 14 day, 6 resort, road trip. I'm counting down the days! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bergmeister wrote:
@Mike Pow,

I would love that remote skiing but can safely say we don't have the avalanche awareness/training to ever do something like that unaccompanied (by a qualified guide).

Some of the footage reminds me a lot of the experience at Silverton, Colorado, and I can't wait to get back there in February for our 3rd visit. Very Happy Very Happy

For those who aren't familiar with Silverton I can't recommend it enough. It's a one chairlift operation and you hike from the top of the chair, with a guide, for between 10 and 40 minutes to access each run. Mind, that's a bit tough at 14,000 feet when (like us) you fly in from sea level Shocked . It's well worth it though.

We've booked 3 days skiing there, as part of a 14 day, 6 resort, road trip. I'm counting down the days! Very Happy

Pleasure

Magic

Look forward to seeing the TR

Which resorts?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mike Pow wrote:
... Very much so, but you can get decent coffee at the car park and great coffee and meals at the Nant Ddu 5 mins down the road
Oh, that looks good. I usually stay in Cardiff these days (I love the Purple Poppadom...), but I'm not all that happy with the hotels there.
That one's on my list. I shall probably not bring my snowboard, mind!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
phil_w wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
... Very much so, but you can get decent coffee at the car park and great coffee and meals at the Nant Ddu 5 mins down the road
Oh, that looks good. I usually stay in Cardiff these days (I love the Purple Poppadom...), but I'm not all that happy with the hotels there.
That one's on my list. I shall probably not bring my snowboard, mind!

Purple Poppadom is excellent. Just around the corner from me.

The 1-year old Parkgate Hotel is good. Great food too.

https://www.theparkgatehotel.wales/

Favourite eating in town is The Potted Pig

http://www.thepottedpig.com/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mike Pow wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:
@Mike Pow,

Pleasure

Magic

Which resorts?

We will be skiing Loveland and Sunlight Mountain (near Glenwood Springs) for a day each, to warm up before heading to Silverton. After 3 days at Silverton we will ski for 6 days - split between Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone - before a final ski at Loveland prior to our flight back.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bergmeister wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:
@Mike Pow,

Pleasure

Magic

Which resorts?

We will be skiing Loveland and Sunlight Mountain (near Glenwood Springs) for a day each, to warm up before heading to Silverton. After 3 days at Silverton we will ski for 6 days - split between Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone - before a final ski at Loveland prior to our flight back.

Loved both Loveland and Sunlight

Did a season at Keystone, so know the Vail resorts pretty well.

Have you skied Telluride, Crested Butte and Monarch?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mike Pow,

We love Keystone - one of our favourites. We spend all our time there on the bumps in the glades, on the likes of Bushwhacker, Badger, Cat Dancer and Wolverine Very Happy .

We've not been to Monarch but have skied both Crested Butte and Telluride. The latter visit was marred when Mrs B took a long, unstoppable slide on a steep run and slammed into a tree. She had an injury to her back, was in agony and had to be stretchered off the mountain to hospital (by ski patrol). Luckily it proved to be nothing worse than severe bruising - though that was the end of her skiing for a while, as she couldn't walk.

And that was in our pre-helmet days Shocked .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Might be worth looking at a Gems card... https://www.coloradoski.com/passes
And adding in Powderhorn, excellent when last there and they have spent money since.
Monarch I really enjoyed; and Wolf Creek I really, really enjoyed!

[/quote]
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rubies look way cool when you drive by them/ through them. I80 goes surprisingly high on some of those passes for a motorway across a flat desert state. The population out that way is negligible though - a truck stop essentially counts as a major community. The Highway 50 route between Ely and Fallon is often described as the loneliest road in America.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@wiigman,

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware of Gems until you mentioned it.

For $42 the Gem pass website says it offers :

BOGO ADULT LIFT TICKETS OR 30% OFF SINGLE LIFT TICKET
Valid for TWO redemptions at: Cooper, Echo Mountain, Eldora, Granby Ranch, Hesperus, Loveland, Monarch, Powderhorn and Sunlight.

Is that two redemptions in total, across the 9 resorts? Or 2 redemptions at each? The latter seems too good to be true... Puzzled although it does say AND, not or, in the list of resorts.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pretty sure its 2 days use at each as the whole point is to encourage people to visit the smaller indy places rather than the corporate behemoths.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy