Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d’Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Auris, Villard 2022/23

Poster: A snowHead
Thought I would start a thread for ADH and the rest of the Grandes Rousses.

Some snow on the peaks but temperatures still mild.

I had a drive up today and still loads of building work taking place.
The new Huez Express lift is nearing completion(ish) once they cross the main road up.

New apartment blocks and hotels are appearing in the old town and over at Les Bergers

The other big lift project is replacing the Les Sures lift in Auris to a telemixte. Good report here - https://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=37857

There is a new covered magic carpet lift in the Bergers area.

Amazes me how they end up getting everything ready for the start of season.

Tomorrowland will be on again next March with a bigger capacity compared to this year.

The proposed lift from Bourg to Huez village is now being studied by the relevant departments with an answer hopefully being given in 2023 with a completion date for winter 24/25. 90% of the population of Bourg d’Oisans are for the lift so fingers crossed.

Excited for the winter.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 1-11-22 9:26; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They have released a second questionnaire asking for peoples preference regarding price and times of operation.

Bourg d’oisans — Huez proposed ski lift.

https://g2a-consulting.sphinxonline.net/SurveyServer/s/g2a/ENQUETE_TRADE_OFF_LIAISON_BO_HUEZ/habitants.htm#22

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 27-10-22 19:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the info!

Excited for my trip in March (before tomorrowland!) - hopefully the snow will be great then!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Will be my first visit to AdH to ski! Very excited!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was up today for a training course and the mad rush to get everything ready for the start of season continues.

The new Huez village lift apparently will have a mid station at the turn off to Les Bergers with a car park on the left as you drive up.

Also the Rifnel drag lift is being replaced by a long covered magic carpet.

F4-F7-CAD1-A021-45-CB-9920-2-AA95-FBD3-BFD
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The Sarenne today

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@davidof, can’t wait to ski the Sarenne, in fact can’t wait to ski AdH in Jan! Little Angel
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks to be a good bit of snow on the horizon fingers crossed.

There was a mayors meeting today regarding the new lift from Bourg and there is a public meeting on the 21st of November for more information.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The FB post which makes you smile!

From Météo Isère…..

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looking pretty today…

latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wow it looks amazing. Skiing in Adh for the first time this Jan. can’t wait!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@karen_globalhelpswap, same here!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Been snowing late afternoon/evening… webcams looking much whiter. Look forward to checking them again in the morning! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When I left work at 5 the snow was still coming down. I’ll report back when I get to work tomorrow. Raining heavily in Bourg tonight so hopefully lots of snow in resort.

Looks like Bourg to ADH lift is looking at a completion date of 2026/27 unfortunately.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Alpinebear, yes, please do! Blush
snow report
Decent snow fall from Huez village up.
Cold with snow cannons on first thing.

ski holidays
Hey guys first time poster here!

Headed to Vaujany mid March for a week with mixed group. My wife and I are beginners and will be looking to take lessons up in alpe d'huez. How do we get up there, as we won't be able to ski down the red at the top Station from vajunay alpette .... Any advice? Thank you all!
snow report
You can get the lift to Alpette, then down to Oz, walk down through the village then get the lift to the mid station of the DMC. Then you need to get down to the ski school at Bergers, either by skiing down the green Jeux, or taking another lift down. It takes a while and the lift system isn’t going to get you there much before 9:45. I think you should consider getting lessons in Vaujany. Their beginner’s slopes have been greatly improved and you won’t need a full price pass saving €99. There is an ESF, and a few independent private instructors. Have a great trip!
snow report
Thank you so much for your quick response! We have instructor coming to meet us down on vaujany day 1 so I guess I'll get a feel for the beginner area there. It does sound like a pain to get to adh! The long greens and progressive blue runs in adh really seem to be the ticket to working the timidity out of me and my wife.... Hmmmmm
snow conditions
You’re welcome. Good luck with learning to ski, once you get over the nervousness you’ll be fine. Easy for me to say, I know, but as a late learner (in Vaujany aged forty eight), but I speak from experience!
ski holidays
Thanks for your response! I love being in the mountains! You learnt to first ski at 47? In Vaujany? Kind of where Im at....
snow conditions
Yes, my wife and I both learned there, it took some effort but we learned and we both love it. Vaujany is a lovely place, beautifully situated and once you accommodate to the steepness of that red (les Rousses) the access to slopes of Alpe d’Huez is fantastic.
ski holidays
Sunny and a bit warmer today. It’s a start but would be good to get some more snow for the lower slopes.
Looks like the glacier chairlift will be no more.

snow report
Alpinebear wrote:

Not enough users ? Broke ?
latest report
Looking for some advice from locals if anybody can help. I'm thinking of coming to ADH for the WC moguls on Dec 17th, driving down from Geneva just for the day. I think they compete on the Signal slope, so where would be the best place to park? Is there somewhere lower down the valley where I could get the lift up, instead of driving all the way? Thanks in advance for any advice.
snow report
doddsie wrote:
Looking for some advice from locals if anybody can help. I'm thinking of coming to ADH for the WC moguls on Dec 17th, driving down from Geneva just for the day. I think they compete on the Signal slope, so where would be the best place to park? Is there somewhere lower down the valley where I could get the lift up, instead of driving all the way? Thanks in advance for any advice.

The new Huez village lift is delayed a week I think and I'm not sure if the old Huez lift is working or it will be a shuttle bus. There is very limited parking so if I was you I would just head up to the main resort(take a right towards Les Bergers when you reach the new lift crossing the main road up). If you are skiing you could park in Les Bergers and then make your way over. If pedestrian then just find a parking space and walk to the top of resort where the DMC lift is and the Signal is just opposite.
latest report
skitow wrote:
Alpinebear wrote:

Not enough users ? Broke ?

Melting of the glacier unfortunately.
ski holidays
Will the drive up be busy at 10am in the morning? I'm not sure what weekend ADH opens, but I know my neck of the woods will be busy that weekend with day trippers from Geneva getting their first ski of the season.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cloudy and raining in Bourg today(day off) so hopefully snowing up in resort.

Some changes coming ski pass wise for workers and guides/moniteurs. No reciprocal agreement for workers of ski stations having a free day pass in a different resort. This was a nice perk to have but we now have to apply through our works council(CSE) and not guaranteed. Also in France(I think) they are looking at doing away with a free pass for guides/moniteurs if they have clients with them. Not confirmed yet.
ski holidays
@Alpinebear, looked like snow up the mountain, maybe a nice few additional cms
ski holidays
Looks like Oz & Vaujany have delayed a week until 10
December.
snow conditions
@Alpinebear, visually where does the snow line sit currently?
ski holidays
From Huez village up but you can’t ski down to Huez yet.
ski holidays
Huez is at 1,500m right?
latest report
Heading to AdH for Christmas, looking at webcams and forecasts I can't quite understand what the conditiond are like at the moment, and whether I should worry about snow cover three weeks from now. Any locals to shed some light on the situation?? Cheers.
ski holidays
@chenav, lifts are opening at the weekend so it’s can’t be too bad. Looks nice and white, and apparently they have 900 snow cannons. I think depths are limited but pistes should be okay.
ski holidays

Opening weekend lifts and pistes.
latest report
Back at work tomorrow so I’ll report on conditions.
latest report
Resort looking better than I thought. Snow cannons blasting away.
Signal and Marcels Farm

ski holidays
@Alpinebear, looks in decent shape… some more natural bumps due in the next week or and with more cannons should lay down a decent base for piste skiing at least! Thanks for sharing.

What is it you do for work?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy