Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Knee suport / brace

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, can anyone advise a good knee brace / support?

I gave a tracking issue with my right knee cap, it causes swelling and pain after a days skiing. This year feels worse so want to support it the best I can.

I am looking something tried and tested for those that have had a knee injury.

TIA
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mojo springs.... Not a brace bt takes most of the strain off the knnes.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads @fvlover snowHead

The Ski Mojo is like the ultimate knee brace: if it's not overkill in your situation then it's an absolute godsend.
Many snowHeads have saved or extended their ski-life with it.
The guy who built it is a long-standing snowHead @mr mojo.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@admin, careful...it is fantastic but its not a brace
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mrabaird, really recommend seeing a physio to try and understand root cause. This will then aid understanding of what would help. The knee supports I use were chosen after discussions with my physio around what the damages and missing bits are in my knees
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, the Mojo is not a ski brace, but merely a support for clapped-out skiers Laughing

And they do a damn good job!

But as @NickyJ, says maybe visit a physio to try to determine what the underlying issues are.

You might be able to get away with using something like the smaller one in the right of the picture below.

I've used a whole range of braces over the years, and recently this past season tried what in essence are support tights that act as a brace, great piece of gear, but not available in Europe yet.

More on braces here
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, i was at physio and he advised its a tracking issue with my knee cap due to weakness in the legs and pulling the knee cap over slightly. I started stretches and the ATG knees over toes programme which is helping.

Just something to support the knee cap and keep it in the correct place. Thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mrabaird, you can get specific patella braces. A knee brace probably isn't the right thing....your physio should be able to advise. Exercises are probably the right answer
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So a patella stabiliser probably suitable.

https://www.physioroom.com/physioroom-pro-open-knee-stabiliser-&-brace/32943?gclid=Cj0KCQjwkt6aBhDKARIsAAyeLJ0bY7QKjPo4m1QtaElp23OneodChgipyO_yjYse0Z4UdOxr3urE5xIaAoXUEALw_wcB
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@NickyJ, that's pretty well what I use as my "just in casey-bracey" in the image above I posted Very Happy

If I get a strain and it's not too bad, then I use that just for some added support, in fact, yesterday I was thinking maybe I should be using it when I was out kitesurfing, as I could feel the knee a fair bit as I was using a board I don't use that often with straps, so there was more pressure on the knees.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It looks similarish to mine. Pretty sure I bought from physio room. Use that on my right knee where I have had meniscus tears and key hole for removing those.

My left I use a hinged one Mueller Hg80 if memory serves as that only have half a reconstructed ACL left inside of it (and 1/3 the cartilage left in it).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@NickyJ, did you ski with a torn meniscus?

I've just been diagnosed with a very small tear and the consultant is on the fence whether to clean it up or leave it. I can cycle with it, so if I can ski as well i might leave it be.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes I did in February. Then had surgery week after and agaib 5weeks post op. Although shorter days post op as wasnt 100%.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mosha Marc, it was too painful to wear any support over it either time so wore my compression leggings to at least give sensory feedback to the brain. Proprioception I think it is, that it helps with
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy