Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North America 2022/20223

Poster: A snowHead
Winter is coming...

Mt Bachelor October 23, 2022

About a foot of light snow. Did hit a few rocks on the way down.

Soon the chairs will be spinning for the season.

My dog imploring me to hurry up!

Not bad powder conditions for late October Toofy Grin

Not bad way to spend an October Sunday morning! Laughing

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks fantastic!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^^^^
Keep laying that base down. I’ll be at Bachelor in April hoping to harvest some corn.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's awesome for this early in the season. Amazing Michigan beat out everyone to open first in North America this year. Great photos too. Dog skiing takes the cake.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skithesteelstealtheski wrote:
That's awesome for this early in the season. Amazing Michigan beat out everyone to open first in North America this year. Great photos too. Dog skiing takes the cake.

They aren't open, are they? Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Toadman,
That looks fantastic, TM! Very Happy

Nothing like that this side of the pond. rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Superb
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alta, Utah

http://youtube.com/v/XJU_toFJCj0
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great Pics - I see that Banff Sunshine has had its first fall of the season and its forecast for the rest of the week too
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah, Big White also - I guess they all got some. Alta looks to have more cover there. Where's my "Alta Snowboard Club" sticker?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bergmeister wrote:

Not yet. Planned scheduled opening is for November 25th. Although that could adjust to a slightly sooner opening if they get staff in place and they have enough snow to open some of the mountain earlier.

More snow forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday (maybe another 20 cm's.) Then another round of weather for the weekend.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mike Pow wrote:
Alta, Utah

Wow Mr Pow! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How dare they!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bergmeister wrote:

Sorry I meant Minnesota. 2 ski areas opened on the 18th there.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mike Pow wrote:
Alta, Utah

However, that was at the end of last season. They had me getting all giddy for a while Sad
latest report
Mosha Marc wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
Alta, Utah

However, that was at the end of last season. They had me getting all giddy for a while Sad

Huh?
snow report
@Mike Pow, skip to the "Fess Up" at 10:36
snow conditions
Mosha Marc wrote:
... skip to the "Fess Up" at 10:36
Probably just as well... it's a bit early unless you really want a deep early layer under what's to come.
Click bait assholes though.
snow report
Mosha Marc wrote:
@Mike Pow, skip to the "Fess Up" at 10:36

Didn't get that far.

Sorry

As Phil said, what a bunch of c*nts

Dead to me
latest report
Next storm is inbound for the Cascades from WA to OR and across to Northern Idaho, the Tetons and into the Northern Rockies. Northern Colorado - Steamboat and Aspen could see some action too. Forecast of 10cm-25cm of snow from Tuesday into Wednesday.
ski holidays
Brian Head, Utah has received 18” of snow and is looking fantastic. I wonder if they can get some early season lifts spinning to enjoy the fresh snow
ski holidays
Legit this time

http://youtube.com/v/WWD10QcTfzY
latest report
Pretty "boney", but it is what it is.

My US mates reckon Alta got 25” (60cm!) or so over the weekend... just enough to cover the rocks. Hence the sound track, perhaps. The locals concern is that it is too soon, as the snow really won’t start until late November... and a persistent weak layer isn't a good thing and can be a season long problem. Opening day for Alta is supposed to be November 18th.
snow conditions
phil_w wrote:
Pretty "boney", but it is what it is.

My US mates reckon Alta got 25” (60cm!) or so over the weekend... just enough to cover the rocks. Hence the sound track, perhaps. The locals concern is that it is too soon, as the snow really won’t start until late November... and a persistent weak layer isn't a good thing and can be a season long problem. Opening day for Alta is supposed to be November 18th.

Give this dog that bone

Ranked as all-time compared with Wales Smile
ski holidays
Woke up to this on my deck this morning. Elevation 4,000 feet.

Local ski hill snow stake showing 3 inches and climbing. As phil w said, it's a bit early for things to stick, as usually there's some warm air still lurking around this time of year. But still fun when you get some snow in the mountains.
latest report
Next storm for the PNW is tee'd up and inbound. Low pressure is working its way from NW to SW over the Gulf of AK. Moisture already present in the form of rain falling in WA and OR Cascades. Temps will cool into Tuesday morning with lowering snow levels. Another storm is also circulating out in the Pacific that will make landfall sometime on Thursday, bringing colder temps than the first storm. Current storm track favors more the British Columbia Coast Range and Interior, which will drop down into Idaho and Montana. Could see upwards of a foot from this event in the higher elevations.
snow report
Brian Head is to open for the season in 4th November. First resort in Utah to open too. Fantastic little resort for anyone who is ever in Vegas. Loved my few days skiing there in 2018
latest report
Heavy snow coming down as I type, looking out my office window. Dreaming of some soft, powdery turns this weekend on the local hill. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Woke up to snow coming down this morning. Temps are set to drop throughout the rest of the week. Snowmass/Aspen CO looks to have received about 25cm's over night. Winter is coming to North America.
snow conditions
Toadman wrote:
Woke up to snow coming down this morning. Temps are set to drop throughout the rest of the week. Snowmass/Aspen CO looks to have received about 25cm's over night. Winter is coming to North America.

Has the USA gone metric?
ski holidays
Both Lake Louise and Sunshine Ski Village in BANFF CANADAopen November 10/11, 2022.
Yee Haa!
snow report
Kenzie wrote:
Toadman wrote:

Has the USA gone metric?

Haha! Nope. I spent some time in Europe. Went to University of Mannheim for a spell. So, I am quite familiar with the metric system. I can always go back to the old Imperial form of measurements though!
latest report
WhyNot? wrote:
Both Lake Louise and Sunshine Ski Village in BANFF CANADAopen November 10/11, 2022.
Yee Haa!

Nice!

Looks like the next storm coming in off the Pacific is a bit more North of where it was tracking earlier in the week, so maybe N. Utah and parts of Southern/Central CO might only get a glancing blow. It definitely will provide some decent accumulation for BC, Washington, Northern Idaho and MT as well as the Alberta region for Friday. Since this storm is coming out of the North Gulf of AK, it has some colder air with it, so that should provide good quality snow.

After that storm passes, there's another one out in the Pacific that appears to be headed for the PNW/BC region for Tuesday/Wednesday time frame. Too soon to say where the main energy will land. But definitely some very promising early season activity.
snow conditions
We just got hammered here yesterday. Getting soooo excited.
snow report
Lake Louise is open for the season.

Northern Cascades received a foot of fresh overnight. Currently snowing in Central Oregon. Jackson Hole received about 8" and Sun Valley at the upper mountain received about 11". Lake Tahoe resorts reporting about 8" overnight with more on the way. Season is kicking off in North America with a bang.

I'll have to temper my enthusiasm as I am off to the island of Kauai on Friday for week of sun and beach time.
ski holidays
Went for a hike this morning.

latest report
Hanging out on the North Shore of Kauai, watching some big wave surfing. 10'-12' waves. Storm is coming to BC and Northern PNW around Tuesday of next week. Seems the GFS has it more Northerly. Euro model has it sliding a bit further South. It's been unseasonably cold for this time of year in the PNW. For those thinking Japan is too for and complicated, think about a December visit to BC for some early season turns. wink

Hope to be on skis on Sunday again with the dog after a week of sun and surf! Cool
ski holidays
Forecast for the PNW and BC Canada still looks promising for some cold air and precipitation around the 27th/28th time frame. Storm track has shifted a bit more North, but still looking good for Whistler and interior BC resorts. Another storm on the tails of the Sunday/Monday front also looks interesting for Wednesday for the PNW and working it's way across into Idaho and the Tetons range. Northern Colorado should be in play as well. Still need to monitor as it gets closer to making land. All in all the season so far for West Coast and intermountain West areas looks promising for a decent start to the winter ski season.

And to all the Yanks, hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I for one ate way too much and will be skinning up Bachelor on Saturday morning to burn off some calories! Very Happy
ski holidays
A bit of dust on crust.

latest report
West Coast got slammed with snow yesterday and today. Even some snow in the Seattle area albite reports of heavy, wet and sticky. However, up at the ski areas, the snow conditions are excellent. Most ski resorts are open in British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, Tahoe, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and Utah, or will be open by Friday. Very good start to the ski season. Friend of my wife's sent a pic from Vail and the slopes look to be in prime condition.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy