Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

APPR AREA Peage Doofers - change

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was just transferring a load of links onto my new abacus and logged into my APPR account. A pop up asked me to give the Registration Plate details for the car(s) that my doofer would be used in. This was new to me, I don't know if it would not allow you to use the doofer if you haven't (I couldn't find anything) but forewarned and all that. I know folks have used them in hire cars before, another thing to remember at the airport!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm. That's a new one on me. I used to lend mine occasionally to impoverished relatives - never any problem. But that was a few years ago and it figures that they'd try to avoid too much sharing.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't see why sharing a doofer with somebody else would be a problem for APPR, they still get paid the toll fees (plus the monthly fee for the month it's used in)?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It could lose them some revenue from the monthly fee, I suppose, though that's not much.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chocksaway wrote:
I was just transferring a load of links onto my new abacus and logged into my APPR account. A pop up asked me to give the Registration Plate details for the car(s) that my doofer would be used in. This was new to me, I don't know if it would not allow you to use the doofer if you haven't (I couldn't find anything) but forewarned and all that. I know folks have used them in hire cars before, another thing to remember at the airport!

if you have a barrier free toll road they want to link the car number plate to your account so they can debit you
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@davidof, ah, that makes sense. I recall reading some recent news about them introducing the first barrier free toll road.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Certainly with a Mango tag there's a phone app. where you can change the registration number 'at will'. I'd imagin most other flavour of tag have a similar thing.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mjit, well the mango tag is operated by APRR isn't it, so the OP may possibly have a mango tag? (My old doofer from APRR was called Liber-T I think, but when I upgraded to the 4 countries one (France, Spain, Portugal and Italy) it's now called mango.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This was posted a while back

Zorrac wrote:
As we have travelled on the RN79 alot in recent years, I thought a few snowheads may also do the same thing, it has been converted to an autoroute and now has a free flow toll system, easy to use with a doofer, a little less easy without. It is going to used on others as well in the future, the A4, A13-A14, A69 and A412.

all here

https://batinfo.com/en/actuality/commissioning-of-the-first-30-km-of-the-79-first-free-flow-toll-motorway-in-france_21581
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@davidof, Thanks! That would make sense.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've had my reg number in my account for some time, but I do have a Top Europe account, as we've used it in Italy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy