Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Swiss report for early December skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some advice!

I have to be in Zurich for a conference 5-6 December this year. Wondering about going the weekend before with my partner for a weekend's skiing - but where are we most likely to find an open resort with decent skiing? (I realise no guarantees).

We were considering Wengen or Klosters, and both seem to have at least some of the resorts open by then, but there may be more sensible options!

Thanks vm
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@EdM, top of head Zermatt or Saas-Fee ? Zurich to Verbier feels like too much of a hike?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Engelberg and Schilthorn will have some of their lifts spinning then - but no experience on what is on offer - though they are both close enough to Zurich to make the trip over not feel painful.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@EdM, I’d choose Engelberg. 1hr from Zürich, great skiing, opens early, has glacier, excellent snow record.

http://youtube.com/v/M4hyuc0dvbk
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Andermatt is a possibility. If there is good snow just a few locals but no tourists that early.
90 mins on the train from Zurich, possibly direct
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BobinCH wrote:
@EdM, I’d choose Engelberg. 1hr from Zürich, great skiing, opens early, has glacier, excellent snow record.

Having lived there for ten years I'd be perhaps a little cautious about early December. Yes, there will be skiing, certainly up at Titlis, most likely all the way down to Truebsee, but unlikely to be open to the village itself at 1000m, and in a poor snow year maybe only as far down as Stand.

Otherwise yes, Great place to go from Zurich for a day or two with minimal travel hassle and maximum time on the snow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Having lived there for ten years I'd be perhaps a little cautious about early December. Yes, there will be skiing, certainly up at Titlis, most likely all the way down to Truebsee, but unlikely to be open to the village itself at 1000m, and in a poor snow year maybe only as far down as Stand.

Otherwise yes, Great place to go from Zurich for a day or two with minimal travel hassle and maximum time on the snow.

That’s the same risk everywhere but Engelberg better placed from Zürich than the alternatives IMO.

As an example Verbier usually moves from weekend opening to full opening from first weekend of December but what is open is a factor of the snow conditions. From deep fluffy pow to hard pistes over the last few years. Early Dec last season was EPIC

http://youtube.com/v/UALWBIcsLwk
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's impossible to say at the moment as there has not been any snow below the Glaciers yet
Certainly there will be skiing on technical snow by early Dec in many resorts if it hasn't snowed by then
Wengen and Murren will have skiing from 26th on Kleine Scheidegg and Birg in Murren
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy