Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Air Ski carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Quick question. Swiss air website says that ski carriage is included , but not with ‘Economy Light’. The flights I want to book (Edinburgh to Zurich) offer Economy Classic or Flex. Is classic different from Economy Light?

Also usually take 2 pairs of skis in one bag, are they ok with that?

I did ask their customer service team but no reply as yet.

Thanks

Ian
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you look at their baggage limits on European route the classes are listed as: Light; Classic & Flex; and Business

Classic and Flex have the same bag limit.

So Classic is different to Light, in that it has a check in allowance whereas Light had none.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't believe that Swiss offer economy light on the direct flights from EDI to ZRH.

The three options will look as per the image below - as long as you select classic or flex - ski carriage is included.

Yes you can place two pairs of skis in the bag - they don't check what is inside the bag - just the weight of the bag.

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And whilst you are only meant to have one pair per bag , they dont in practice care how many pairs are in, just that the dimensions of the ski bag are not exceed for what they allow.

Although if they lose it they will likely only compensate you for the one pair that should have been in it
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great thanks for the quick responses
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
New for this year some Swiss flights now state that their free ski carriage operates under Lufthansa rules where you have to pre-book ski carriage (even though it's still free) against previously just turning up at the airport with your skis.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Timc, strange that only some but good to know. Thanks!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Timc, thanks for the info, any idea on which flights or how you find out?

FAQs still say you don’t need to notify them and I am flying Swiss with skis to the PSB in a few weeks…

https://www.swiss.com/br/en/customer-support/faq/sports-equipment#accordion-item-section-1321266987
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy