Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Jumping Pairs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ski Jumping Pairs
A documentary following the development and fight for official recognition of the new sport of "Ski Jumping Pairs" has been showing in selected cinemas in the UK. The feature length film, structured from 3 TV length episodes, contains interviews with the sport's inventor and pioneering competitors in Japan.
The early work was all sponsored by Fischer who produced the bespoke Tandem binding on 2m60 skis...

Director - Riichiro Mashima
We were fortunate enough to see it at the ICA London this evening where I spoke to the film's director, Riichiro Mashima, afterwards. I asked him if he'd been tempted to try to get some of the real ski jumpers involved in the film to perform a jump in Tandem. He said "Yes, but they didn't seem ready yet. Perhaps in 15 years or so.You know, the human advances".

This film is hilarious! A little bit Spinal tap and a tad Monty Python but on a 45 degree icy slope snowHead It was begun as a 5 minute long computer generated college project but interest and aclaim has fed its growth into a string of DVDs in Japan and now a full length feature.

"Ski Jumping Pairs - Road to Torino 2006" can next be seen at the ICA London at 17:00 on June 11th.
ICA Box Office: 020 7930 3647

The 'totem' Jump. Ski Jumping Pairs
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy