Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking For: Beginners / Intermediates For A Week Instructing On PiPAU2 | Tignes | 10 - 17 Dec 2022

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been reading the PiPAU (Piste Performance Amelioration Unit) in Tignes thread from last year and very much like the sound of a week's intensive instructing. However, the bash is generally aimed at "anyone who is capable of reasonable parallel skiing on red runs, through to people with a technical standard akin to Level 1 or 2 instructors." @admin stated that he is open to "anyone below this standard who would like to join this for a full week of instruction" but there needs to be sufficient interest to form one group.

As we await the buttons for this year's PiPAU2 bash scheduled for Sat 10th - 17th Dec 2022, I am wondering whether there are any other snowheads who are towards the start of their ski journey and would like to form a small group to attend this bash for a week's worth of intensive tuition? I suppose the criteria for this newbie group would have to be only having in the region of ten to hundred hours of experience under their belt and/or can ski green and blue runs. The intention being an intense desire to progress with their basic technique to comfortably ski reds and feel better prepared for other bashes?

Depending upon location, availability and button release dates, we could also arrange a group session at one of the fridges beforehand to confirm that we are all of a similar standard and would click well as a group for a week's tuition. But that may be a tad bit too organised and/or tight on time prior to the bash dates.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PiPAU buttons are up with options for a possible lower ability group.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just need two to three other snowHead's to show their interest. There are three of us atm. If anyone else likes the sound of this and is of similar level and determination, do go ahead and click the right buttons within the PiPAU2 group and/or drop me a PM Very Happy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@EViS, keep up the efforts! I have sent the details to a couple of people I think would be perfect for this so fingers crossed you get sorted one way or another
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@EViS, If you don't get enough for a full group you could try one of the ski schools in Tignes and book the PiPAU2 without instruction.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@toyah807, that's very kind of you, thanks Very Happy!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@EViS,
That early in the season there are likely to be more ski instructors in Tignes than punters unless (a) the Spanish are there and/or (b) the British students are there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think the Spanish contingent will be around for the PSB rather than PiPAU, given when their holidays are.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've registered interest. Does that make four of us now?

Are we at the stage where we can confirm a group and wait for another bod or two?

Hope so Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@obmij, looks like it booked up in under 24 hours of the buttons going live Shock.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@obmij, latest update from admin says that if we can get another two to three people together, there may be space yet. So... final call for any other intermediates wanting to join the PiPAU2 for a week of guidance and instructing?

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 7-11-22 15:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@toyah807, did you get any reply from some of your acquaintances in regards to whether this is of interest to them?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@EViS, sorry, nothing doing I am afraid.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@EViS, Great stuff. Hope it goes ahead.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@EViS, I wonder if it might be worth just signing up and combining with the other group who are waiting? It's quite hard to read what the actual standard is.

At the end of my last trip I was 'capable of reasonable parallel skiing on red runs'...in fact I was reds from day 1 (with instruction) but I am definitely at the lower end of 'intermediate' I also tend to take a couple of days to warm up.

What about you? Do you reckon it's worth a shot?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy