Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espace Killy Lift Pass Prices Help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Don't know if anyone is in Tignes or Val and can help????

Currently the Espace Killy lift pass prices are being updated and their is a note on the Tignes website saying that due to the energy crisis they are being reviewed.

A few days ago the prices on their website were 312 euros for the early week (we are going 10th Dec) which comes out at around £273

ski Independence who we have booked with, have said they've been offered a lock in price by Tignes, prior to Friday of £346 as they are going up.

This is a significant jump! and way higher to the current price. I know there is a mark up somewhere but this seems a lot.

What's more worrying is that this is supposed to be a cheaper locked in price, so if we don't take up this offer before Friday it will be even more expensive?

Anybody know anything about what the prices will be?

Also I am sure last season the ski pass for children was only free for under 5's.
Has that changed to under 8's now?

thanks
Laura
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It seems likely that the locked in price of £346 is for the main season. The week starting on the 10/12 has cheaper passes and I would be stunned if they increased the early week price to more than £346
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It has been very confusing and there has been discussion on both the 21/22 and 22/23 VDI/Tignes threads.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5016693#5016693

When I booked with Crystal back in June - I locked in the price at €334 (6 Day Pass).

There was then a Meeting (Tignes?) where it was decided to increase the price to €360 (6 day Pass). (Within a week or so, Crystal put their price up to this - which is where it currently is. I suspect it will increase shortly).

Different websites were less up to date than others and gave different values.

A very recent meeting at VDI reassessed the cost of energy and put the price up to €378 (6 Day Pass). It is fully expected that Tignes will follow suit when they have their council meeting.

I suspect that this new increase will be the final one - I think further increases would be counterproductive.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@lauralime, The free child pass has been extended to under 8.

A weeks ski pass will be 378€ in the main season and I expect a discount will apply on ski passes prior to 19 Dec.
Val d’Isere has already voted on this price change and Tignes have a council meeting on 20 October to vote so I don’t expect anything will be officially published or on sale until then.

Early season there is also a slim chance the link between Tignes and Val d’Isere won’t be open so you might not need a full area pass. Last season it didn’t open until the 2nd week of the season around 5 December.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all, so sounds like it might be worth waiting.
Even if its 378€ thats still cheaper than £346!

We are going the 10/11th December so hopefully the link will be open by then!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A question: I realise that ski areas are businesses that need to make money - but (notwithstanding new lifts and staff wages) where does the millions upon millions that somewhere like Tignes rakes in actually go?

Do ski areas actually publish this sort of info?

FWIW, my view is that ticket prices are becoming rather prohibitive for a lot of people in the current economic climate. It could be a quieter season in Espace Killy...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

where does the millions upon millions that somewhere like Tignes rakes in actually go?

Wages, infrastructure & equipment and energy - some of which you already allude to @moutainaddict.

But it's a good question that got me googling - I believe STGM is the French equivalent of a limited company so accounts should be available out there.

Hoping that @chocksaway will have more to contribute as he is much more 'au fait' with the machinations of STGM and its partners within the local skiing community.

https://www.pappers.fr/entreprise/stgm-societe-des-telepheriques-de-la-grande-motte-076920024

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 6-10-22 23:46; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Wages, infrastructure & equipment and energy

Or to put that in skiing terms:

Lifties need paying
Piste security need paying
The electric bill to make the lifts move needs paying
Diesel bill for Chardonnet tow needs paying
Backup motors need fuelling for when there's a powercut and you need to get everyone off safely
New lifts need to be funded
Old lifts need to be dismantled and put up again somewhere else or scrapped
Existing lifts need to be maintained (which in Tignes means fixing them after they've broken down, again...)
Piste bashers need to be bought and maintained
Piste basher drivers need paying
Cost of dynamite probably gone up too
Gasex and Catex need installing and running
Helicopters to refuel the Gasex and Catex
Printing 100s of 1000s of piste maps
Running the website
24/7 ski bus fleet, drivers, fuel and maintenance

More contributions welcome ... !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Morning! STGM is part of Compagnie des Alpes, (STGM is 'federated'). CdA publish full accounts each year detailing each company within the group. I'm on my phone on a train so you'll have to Google it. I have a paper copy in Tignes of what goes where in terms of lift pass money, profit was only a small %. Remember that STGM do not own the lifts, they have a licence to operate and their activities are controlled closely by the Mairie.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Morning - had a reply from ski independence, someone had made a mistake!

For the week the 10th we've paid £285 pp so only slightly higher than the already published 273 so we've gone with it.
We're saving some by not having to buy a child lift pass so that is good news!

Thanks for all the replies!
Cannot Wait!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy