Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spyder ski pants/trousers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning all,

I am looking to buy a new pair of Spyder ski pants/trousers, these are to replace a pair that were cut off me after I broke my hip in 2019. For this years ski trip I bought a cheap pair of Wedze trousers from Decathlon, as it was my first time skiing since the accident and I wasn't sure how I'd be. They were ok, but had no braces and of course they didn't attach to the snow skirt on my existing Spyder jacket.

So, I now have my 'sea legs' back and our next trip is Aspen at the end of January 2023. I'm looking to replace the Wedze's with a new pair of Spyder trousers, but I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping some of you good people may be able to answer:

- If I buy a 'current' pair of Spyder trousers, does anyone know if they will have the correct press-studs to attach to the snow skirt on my existing jacket? (bought in 2009)

- I've seen that there are different insulation levels (not something I could choose when I bought the original items), what would be the best level to buy? Given I have been known to ski on days which don't have perfect weather Smile

- Does anyone have any recommendations for a skiwear store that has an actual bricks and mortar shop where I could try stuff on?? Seems most are online in the UK since the pandemic....

I realise these questions might be difficult to answer, but any advice anyone can provide would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Simon
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not sure I can be of help with your specific questions - but I can tell you what I ended up buying.

TK Maxx had some Turret GTX ski trousers with 74% off last year, so I got some.

They are a 3 layer Goretex shell, so may need a layer of insulation underneath to suit the temperature outside. They are fairly "Freeride" fitting, true to size and adjustable. I don't think they have the appropriate press studs for the powder skirt.

I haven't used them in anger yet, but they seem well made and robust, with large edge guards.

Here is a Blister review: https://blisterreview.com/gear-reviews/spyder-turret-gtx-shell-pants

Another review: https://www.downdays.eu/articles/gear-spyder-eiger-gtx-jacket-turret-gtx-pant/

They can be bought at a decent discount from Sport Pursuit with 52% off (£250) - provided the colour and size you want is available.

The Nordwand version has a high waist and braces (£300).

https://www.sportpursuit.com/clothing/trousers-shorts-tights?sp_nav=4_BySport_Skiing_Bottoms_Trousers%2526Salopettes&lower_body_type=Trousers&sport=Skiing&order=special_price&dir=desc&p=1
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For a bricks and mortar shop suggestion, where are you based?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nottingham/Derby area.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are ever in the London direction, "One below zero" has discounted Spyder stuff and a shop you can go into.

https://www.google.com/search?q=one+below+zero+store+address&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB866GB866&oq=one+below+zero+store+address&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.21023j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.onebelowzero.com/men-s/pants/ski-pants?manufacturer=64
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks for the suggestions!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SpyderSG, Ellis Brigham seems to carry a few styles but again London centric.

Yes it does regularly pop on SportsPursuit and in TKMaxx but watch out for lines that are made specifically to sell through these channels and aren’t their normal retail offering or specs.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ellis Brigham definitely had them to try on when I bought some last year - they didn't have the colour I wanted unfortunately so had to order online but at least I knew I had the right size
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy