Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another Review for Solutions4Feet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last year i was sold boots and custom insoles by another company.
Boots were a lange 90lx

throughout the winter i was having issues with pain in my feet and not able to wear my boots for more than 1 hour and struggling to walk after a day on the snow and was thinking this is not fun so booked an appointment with Colin in May.

Having looked at my footbeds and boots the issue was found to be that my plantar fascia was sitting on my foodbed and burning out. all it took was a bit of lipstick and a hot knife and i was pain free and able to ski full 6 hours days with no pain. During the visit i was also told that my boots were a touch to big and if Colin had fit them he would have gone down 1 size and also the flex in the boots was way to soft and i should be in a 130 flex so my mind was set that i would be booking an appointment for a new set of boots at the start of September.

September comes and i go back on the 3 hour drive to see Colin again. Feet are measured flexability is tested and out comes a new set of Lange lx130 in a very nice colour. No up-selling of new footbeds or custom liners just what i needed to have done. liners were heat moulded and i was sent away with a new set of boots that fit like a glove.
after 4 sessions on carpet and in the fridge i was noticing that i still had pain in an area where i have a bone spur and tingling in my toes and with 1 email i am booked back in within 7 days to get the boots adjusted.

Customer service is amazing and attention to detail is above what i was expecting considering the underlaying issues i have in my feet.

If anyone needs a boot fitter go to Colin.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was in the shop on Tuesday morning, for a fitting with Keith. Colin got me booked in last minute, about 8pm Monday night as they had a slot, so off I went early on Tuesday morning.

Initially I was booked in for a ski boot adjustment on some boots I got elsewhere but it became pretty obvious straight away my boots were just too big for me.

So in the end we went down the new boots route, and i'm now the owner of some Head Raptor RS 140's, and my bank balance is substantially lower Laughing

I've never had a decent boot fitting before, so i've always been in boots that are too big for me (classic Snow and Rock fitting). Keith didn't try to force me to buy new boots, and I went there with an expectation that new boots was potentially on the cards.

I nipped over to MK for a couple of hours skiing after to see how they felt, and I'll also have the session in Manchester for the ski test to really bed them in before I consider going back or not for any adjustments, it feels like there might be some small changes needed.

Really impressed with the service there, I know they have the reputation, and it's deserved. I'll be taking the GF along prior to the season to get her kitted out as well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ghostlybadge wrote:
all it took was a bit of lipstick and a hot knife...

Possibly the scariest phrase I'll read all day Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have sent many people Colins way, over the years from when he was in the little shop across the courtyard, no-one has had anything but praise.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for another recommendation for Colin - was there last Saturday. He took one look at my feet and said "I see what your problem is". Just so reassuring throughout.

Looking forward to trying out the new boots in MK or Hemel soon hopefully.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Got my boots fitted there, went back twice and they were never quite right. Had an additional proflex insert fitting that "had to be done by them to avoid incorrect fitting". The fitting then failed on holiday resulting in a lump the size of a golf ball developing on my shin. When I contacted them they were unhelpful to the point of being rude. I definitely wouldn't recommend!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks to all those who have posted glad we can help you all, that is what as boot fitters we want to do, but help me help you, communication is key we need your help to help us help you, there is mopre to this than A, B, C there is so much more

tomb wrote:
Got my boots fitted there, went back twice and they were never quite right. Had an additional proflex insert fitting that "had to be done by them to avoid incorrect fitting". The fitting then failed on holiday resulting in a lump the size of a golf ball developing on my shin. When I contacted them they were unhelpful to the point of being rude. I definitely wouldn't recommend!

if i remember correctly (its always hard when people are finding behind a username) a screw holding the proflex plate on snapped/ came loose during your trip

1) " had to be done to prevent an incorrect fitting" well, the reason for fitting a proflex plate to a 130 flex boot is when some ones body weight or lever length causes them to crush the boot in flex, being as 130 flex boots are the stiffest recreational boots made i am not quite sure what miracle solutions are out there, if i have the corrcxt person, the boot it was going on had a riveted tooth plate for the buckle, so unless you wanted to cut your boot apart to install it, yes probably best that someone did it

2) i would like to have thought that any shop in a resort could replace a simple screw but obviously not
3) i don't recall anyone being unhelpful, but if you would like to message me and tell me who you spoke to i would be interested
4) "a lump the size of a golf ball developing on shin" first i have heard of any such thing again, if you didn't speak to me directly message let me know

ok i have just opened myself up to anyone who has been unhappy with something we have done in the past 20 years, just simply by responding, but i always like to explain why things are done when someone hits out i guess its a case of you can't please all of the people all of the time.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not sure who I was speaking too as it was the shop email... Its was this kind of attitude that was my main gripe....

"Not sure what you are hoping I can do from 1000 miles away, what makes me think it snapped is if it was getting lose you would think you might notice the tooth plate getting wobbly when you clipped up the boot in the morning"

I'm a business owner myself and it would be mortified if a product I sent out the door failed within a matter of days. I appreciate these things happen and that there's not much you could have done from Bicester but if it were a customer of mine I'd have apologiesed unreservedly and offered to cover the cost of any repair.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy