Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The FIS Ski WC 2022/23 Thread + Courchevel Méribel 2023

Poster: A snowHead
What a run Dave….It could happen again Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Harrow lady, nail biting watching the skiers come down after after Dave's great second run.....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Loved his reaction in the chair after henriks run
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
certainly "squeaky bum" time at the mo
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Never mind, was hoping for a repeat
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wow wow podium for Dave fantastic….
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Nelson1j, so happy for him, beautiful second run
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great second run from Dave (best time for the second run.)
Shame for Feller.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 22-01-23 14:29; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spoiler
Dave Ryding gets 2nd!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Watching in a mountain hut in Lofer, while having lunch.

My loud celebrations mixed with Austrian dissapointment!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well done Billy Major as well

Dave being interviewed on ORF. 'This year I nearly stopped believing in myself'
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just checked the figures Dave won the second leg by 0.31from Yuley. What a great ski.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Rogerdodger, I thought he must have won the second run. so close
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What a fantastic second run by Dave, especially after what he would consider a poor start to the season. Great to see Billy score some points too!

Looking forward to Tuesday night now!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
2nd leg of Women's Giant Slalom from Kronplatz just starting on Eurosport.....
snow conditions
@Alastair Pink, I owe you a pint, read your comment reached for the tv zapper and watched history being made. The timing was extraordinary.
On a similar theme friends of mine walked into Belvue Mürren looked at the TV to see a Mr D Ryding have a "good" run at Kitzbuhl!
snow conditions
Go Mikaela!! (my favourite skier) snowHead
snow report
Who is the Scottish lady commentating on todays womens GS? I don’t recall hearing her before and she sounds good and knowledgeable.
ski holidays
@ster, Charlie Guest, the SL racer. She knows a thing or two about racing Laughing
latest report
@swskier, sounds like it and she can verbalise it well.

Not often you see the camera runner go for a tumble, and some bit of kit went flying off.
ski holidays
Shiffrin tantalisingly close to Sternmark's record now, after another win today. She's on fire as usual.
latest report
It is as if this song was written for Shiffrin... cannot see how she will not surpass Stenmark's record!

http://youtube.com/v/cxjvTXo9WWM
snow report
Brilliant at the mens GS in Schladming tonight. An unexpected podium and some great performances

latest report
Some great pictures. I need to get myself to a slalom race next season.
ski holidays
Shiffrin is on a roll and has the opportunity tomorrow to equal Stenmark’s record of 86 wins.
latest report
@ulmerhutte, no stopping her at the moment.

Odermatt with the win over in Cortina, first male to win on the piste that is ordinarily used for the women's speed events. Great effort after picking up the knee injury last week in Kitzbuhel
snow report
Did anyone notice Nick Fellows and his casual sexist comment about the Cortina piste being easier as it's a women's downhill course? He's an awful commentator.
ski holidays
Is it easier? Have men raced on it and what times have they posted (albeit not totally comparable as each course set and conditions will be different)?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Considering lots of them didn't finish, I'm thinking it's a tricky one!!
ski holidays
First time for the men for super g at Cortina I think...apart from the Worlds. I think his comment was factual not sexist. The women's courses are easier

@schnitzel_skier, they can make it as tricky as they like with the gate set
snow report
Men are usually going to ski faster on the same course due to being heavier/more muscle. Even if the men skied the exact same course, on the whole they would ski it faster... It doesn't say anything about the technical skill of the skier. Dominik Paris weighs 35kg more than Mikaela Shiffrin and it is a strength based sport which is taking advantage of gravity...
ski holidays
It's mainly power not gravity that makes difference. Otherwise there is event, where men and women ski exactly same course on same day, and on those 20sec men are generally 1-2sec faster, which is in fact way more then it sounds, especially considering how easy that course is.
snow conditions
There was an article on this in Skiracing when the Men and Women skied the same SG and a slightly altered Slalom course in Cortina 2021:
https://skiracing.com/shiffrin-others-close-to-male-skiers-on-same-course-at-worlds/

And I think I shared the below link last season:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-if-men-and-women-skied-against-each-other-in-the-olympics/#:~:text=Men%20and%20women%20rarely%20race,of%20men's%20and%20women's%20courses.
ski holidays
Lindsey Vonn asked to ski against the men, but nothing ever came of it. The FIS didn't seem very keen.
ski holidays
Men and Women often ski the same speed courses at National Championships, has been the case at the GBR one, you can compare the times from that.
snow report
I think they will be at the World Cup finals in Andorra. There’s only 1.5 hours gap between each of the men’s and women’s races. The slalom/GS will be on Avet whilst the SG and downhill will be on Aliga.

With only 30 racers they might be able to reset the GS and slalom course but I’m not sure they will the downhill and super G.

Watch out for Joan Verdu from Andorra at the world champs. I understand that he’s been skiing very conservatively on the first run this season to ensure he gets through to the second run and builds up his points. His second runs have pretty much all been in the top handful of places. He might just go for it both runs in Courcheval.
ski holidays
PrimroseAndBlue wrote:
Lindsey Vonn asked to ski against the men, but nothing ever came of it. The FIS didn't seem very keen.

Apparently Vonn used men's downhill skis, I suppose length and strength.
snow conditions
On every single WC finals, where they share courses, they are reset and set differently for each. Only course that's same is team parallel event. And there you can see difference I was talking about.
Othewise sure Vonn was all over "I wanna race with men... especially in Kitz". I'm pretty sure she would never come down alive on race day. Otherwise there were few top women forerunners on men WC races. One for example, Marlies Schild did forerun Schladming SL... in her best years, when she was more dominant in women SL then Shiffrin ever was. I'm pretty sure anyone thinking it's just gravity that makes difference, doesn't want to know what time difference between first men and Schild was... in single run.
ski holidays
@primoz, They didn't reset the course at any GBR championships downhill that I was at. In one year that I checked, the male GBR winner was ahead of the female GBR winner by more than Lindsey Vonn beat the female winner at Lake Louise that year, the male winner was last in the male Lake Louise DH that year.
ski holidays
@davidthornton, she used men’s skis in all four disciplines at times. She is also quoted as saying “if I raced against the men I’d probably die“.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy