Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The FIS Ski WC 2022/23 Thread + Courchevel Méribel 2023

Poster: A snowHead
Eurosport coverage of the Mens Slalom from Wengen just starting....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like they need to pole that last bit its so flat.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Flat and very sticky. The temperature here in the valley is ridiculous.
Proper storm blowing in now, distinct possibility that the race will not finish!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rogerdodger wrote:
Flat and very sticky. The temperature here in the valley is ridiculous.
Proper storm blowing in now, distinct possibility that the race will not finish!

The slalom course which starts below the top of the Allmend chairlift is fairly sheltered with trees to the side of the course so I wouldn't have expected it to be stopped due to stormy (windy) weather?

Edit: although it is now snowing quite heavily for the 2nd leg of the slalom.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Alastair Pink, it has calmed down significantly, half an hour ago the weather was truly biblical.
Swiss TV also covering ladies super-g St Anton. At one point they had several advertising banners airborne across the track necessitating a race suspension.
You are absolutely correct however, the Wengen track is sheltered and not suffering the wind gusts that Lauters is currently getting.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dave Ryding's coach coming in for some criticism for the first run course setting. No complaints from Kristoffersen.

Have to agree with Nick Fellows that you can't just practice on ice and perfect conditions.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aleksander Aamodt Kilde injures hand in Kitzbühel training

The leader of the World Cup downhill standings, Aleksander Aamodt Kilde, injured his right hand during today’s official downhill training in Kitzbühel, Austria. “I came into the carousel after Mausefalle and leaned onto my hand, and then I hit a hole,” Aamodt Kilde explained during a media gathering at the Norwegian team’s hotel in Kitzbühel late Thursday afternoon, according to the Norwegian news agency NTB. Kilde said he felt a sting in his hand as it happened and that there was a pounding sensation in the hand when he had completed the training run.

NTB reports that Aamodt Kilde’s hand was quickly bandaged before he hurried through the media zone without stopping for interviews. He headed off to a medical examination, which revealed that he had suffered a minor fracture at the base of his middle finger. “It turns out that there is a small fracture at the very bottom, almost down by the wrist, but it is very small,” Aamodt Kilde said at the press briefing for Norwegian media Thursday. “There is a bit of pain, but we will tape a bit and make sure I have stability, and then we will take it from there,” he explained.

Aamodt Kilde will still start in both downhill races down the Hahnenkamm mountain this Friday and Saturday. “I was lucky. It wasn’t as bad as I first feared,” Aamodt Kilde told NTB, and continued: “It is not so bad that it will interfere with the plan we have laid out. I have to try to keep my hands above the snow and take it all the way to the finish.”

“Die Streif,” the legendary downhill course in Kitzbühel, starts very steep and pushing hard out of the start is not as critical as on a course with a flatter start.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Coverage of the Women's Super-G from Cortina on Eurosport from 9am, Men's Downhill from Kitzbühel from 10am.....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Alastair Pink, just in time. Bumper morning!

I remember the Cortina piste from before, spectacular looking.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Did anyone notice that the Eurosport English commentary on the first racer at Cortina (Breezy Johnson) suddenly switched to French for a few seconds? Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nope. Are you watching on the player?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ster wrote:
Nope. Are you watching on the player?

yep
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Alastair Pink, can’t say I noticed but doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Too misty for men’s downhill?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Eurosport is not showing the ladies’ downhill only the men. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Harrow lady wrote:
Eurosport is not showing the ladies’ downhill only the men. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

The Eurosport app says they have coverage of it from 8:45am? Are you referring to the Eurosport 1 and 2 broadcast channels not covering it?
snow conditions
That is correct, on the normal channels there is no ladies downhill. Can I ask you about the app, do you have to pay to get it?
ski holidays
Yes you do have to pay to get it, Eurosport normally have promotional offers particularly around the Black Friday date. However the Discovery+ app has recently started to include Eurosport sports coverage, and if you get your broadband through BT that now includes free access to both BT sport and Discovery+, so since I'm with BT broadband I've cancelled my Eurosport renewal which is due in March and will just watch the skiing on Discovery+ in future. Very Happy
latest report
Thanks Alastair, We are with Virgin and we would need to change contract, need to investigate , I am not happy with the service we are getting, no point in paying for something and then they show tennis instead.
snow conditions
I’m not sure if they did a Black Friday offer this year and there is no monthly payment option, which is a pity as I only use it half the year.
snow report
This information may be of use. The Eurosport live coverage ( in addition to Eurosport channels 1 and 2) is now available through Discovery+ (which also includes lots of general entertainment programmes). Monthly access is possible for £6.99 per month, or cheaper annual subscription. https://www.capitalmatters.co.uk/posts/eurosport-deals
ski holidays
The Eurosport/Discovery+ app is now showing the Men's downhill, but I see the Eurosport 2 channel which was due to be showing it is staying with the Andy Murray match (understandable I suppose, but disappointing for skiing fans)....
snow conditions
Well they have decided not to show the mens one as well. Never mind.
ski holidays
Effing Eurosport.... Schedule says 'live alpine skiing' 10.20 to 1200...

@Harrow lady, Glad you enjoyed your recent holiday - I am going to Les Arcs this year, but will be back in the Dolomites 2024 !!
snow report
@albob, I never been to les Arcs, hope you have a fantastic time. My work colleague raves about it, I need to investigate.
And yes I was disappointed with Eurosport, always look forward to this weekend. Kitz and Cortina are special runs. At least they showed Biathlon Very Happy
snow report
I have given up with the live channels and now pay for the subscription. No Black Friday deals since it's been purchased by Discovery unfortunately.

It's a short season so I don't mind paying the £6.99 for a few months. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the Winter Sports end up being sold as it's obvious that it ranks down the pecking order.

Be warned that the online coverage can be cut short too and they didn't show the end of the slalom a couple of weeks back. Impossible to complain as from what I understand Discovery aired an advert in the States that wasn't well received and its customer service department is somewhat overwhelmed.

Back to the racing, fantastic turn-around for the winner today. Was great to see a brit in a downhill race too.

Good luck to Laurie, Billy and Dave tomorrow.
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
This information may be of use. The Eurosport live coverage ( in addition to Eurosport channels 1 and 2) is now available through Discovery+ (which also includes lots of general entertainment programmes). Monthly access is possible for £6.99 per month, or cheaper annual subscription. https://www.capitalmatters.co.uk/posts/eurosport-deals

Thats good, hadn’t noticed the monthly option since it switched from Eurosport standalone as thats where I subscribed last. One of the few good things about it being part of Discovery now, as they put the annual price up (I suppose as you now get the Discovery programming, most of which is reality rubbish). And the Eurosport player disappeared from Playstation thats hooked to the tv, so now I watch it via their website on my laptop.

So ski season months needed only.
snow report
If you have a vpn point it at Austria and watch on ORF.at, German commentary obviously.
snow report
@Chris_n, Thanks for that - filed away for next time... Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris_n wrote:
If you have a vpn point it at Austria and watch on ORF.at, German commentary obviously.

What? Miss the lads on Eurosport? How would I be reminded that Michael Matt has a more successful brother or why Canadian corner is so called? Heresy!
ski holidays
I love Nick‘s passion. And he has learned to pronounce Badia correctly. For years he said Badea. Competitions wouldn’t be the same without him.
ski holidays
@Harrow lady, how is it pronounced?
ski holidays
ster wrote:
Chris_n wrote:

What? Miss the lads on Eurosport? How would I be reminded that Michael Matt has a more successful brother or why Canadian corner is so called? Heresy!

Ah, the obsession with retired siblings. Matt and Curtoni now, Schild before.

And the dedication to making sure we don't forget that Tanguy Nef has a degree in Business Studies!
ski holidays
Sofia isn't starting the super g today. Hope she's OK after her crash yesterday
snow report
Johan Clarey put in a great performance in yesterday's Kitzbuhel downhill for his last ever race on the Streif, 2nd place aged 42! Cool
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Johan Clarey put in a great performance in yesterday's Kitzbuhel downhill for his last ever race on the Streif, 2nd place aged 42! Cool

Huge respect. From memory (could be wrong), Clarey often seemed to do well on the Streif…and didn’t he, at one point, hold the record for fastest ever skier through one of the controls? I haven’t checked TBH…
snow conditions
ster wrote:
Chris_n wrote:

No commentary today (Technical probs..) -- I have switched to the French version - only understand a little bit, but they seem to be enjoying themselves.. !
latest report
@albob, which race has that impacted? I'm just watching the first slalom run.
ski holidays
Ladies in Cortina -- Dolomites look beautiful....

Just switched back to British Eurosport 2 and seems technical difficulties are no longer a problem..

I'm not on the app : 1 is showing tennis and 2 has the skiing from Cortina
ski holidays
I’ve just switched to that to stream from the start, there didn’t appear to be any sound broadcast when the race started then it kicked in a bit later.
latest report
Cacciatore wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:

Huge respect. From memory (could be wrong), Clarey often seemed to do well on the Streif…and didn’t he, at one point, hold the record for fastest ever skier through one of the controls? I haven’t checked TBH…

Wengen. .100 6 mph
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy