Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The FIS Ski WC 2022/23 Thread + Courchevel Méribel 2023

Poster: A snowHead
@russ_e, his PB is 24th Kitzbuhel 2020
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Commentators said that was the first time 3 Brits have scored points in one race!

Great evening for GB racing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx wrote:
@russ_e, his PB is 24th Kitzbuhel 2020

One off Smile

Great result for them all, Laurie had a green light at the first split too! Was really hoping to see him sitting in the leaders chair.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
4 Brits in the top 25! Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shiffrin hits the 80! 3 wins at Semmering, quite extraordinary.
We should start a sh's guessing competition, what number will she get too.
Surely the Stenmark record is easily within her grasp now. Great result for Charlie 28th, a very respectable 16 on the second leg.

My Shiffrin guess....96 world cup wins!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm going for 101
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Given that she's still only 27, so 80 in roughly 10 years. Could easily be looking at 110 by the age of 32 and then retiring after the next Olympics
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Matthias Mayer has announced his immediate retirement.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PrimroseAndBlue wrote:
Matthias Mayer has announced his immediate retirement.

Seems he went up the hill for the pre-race inspection and just called it and drove home.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@russ_e, no seems about it, that's exactly what he did. Very odd but as Aleksander said, when it's the day it's the day.

He pulled out of the downhill the day before citing sickness
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just Caught up with this week runs, MS is unstoppable , the downhill was scary but the best was the dog in the super G. The poor thing was exhausted Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Conditions have been somewhat difficult in the last few races. Agree that MS is on another level, seems after a disappointing Olympics she has come back even stronger. Last couple of races Vlhova looks like she is going to knock MS out in the winners area!

Happy to see Kristoffersen back on winning form, even if Dave, Billy and Laurie struggled after last weeks heroics.

Just hope that Eurosport replace the two ladies who interview the winners, they might have had fantastic careers but christ they should never have been passed a microphone.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mikaela Shiffrin, now equals her compatriot Lindsay Vonn's alpine skiing record with 82nd FIS World Cup giant slalom ski race victory at Kranjska Gora. On that mark destined to be one of the greatest skiers.

Great achievements by both, but to be strictly accurate that's the record for the most women's alpine skiing World Cup wins. However the record for the most women's FIS World Cup skiing wins in any category is held by the amazing Swiss Telemark World Cup racer Amelie Wenger-Reymond with 158 wins, followed by Norwegian Marit Bjoergen with 114 World Cup wins in Cross-country skiing. Yet very few people will have heard of either of these great athletes.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I just stabbed Anna Swenn Larson with a ski pole...just a little bit. .she said it was ok. Its peeing down in Flachau. Dies not bode well for race prep
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shiffrin‘s winning percentage is the best of anyone in professional sports ever. Better than Djokovic, Woods, Vonn. I think she’s already the best of all time, and she’s still relatively young.
snow report
Very snowy in flachau...at least its not wet. Should be OK conditions for the race...I understand it has been watered and is frozen. Some pics from bib draw

ski holidays
Great pictures! Would love to be at the race!
ski holidays
@russ_e, its a great couple of days
latest report
Make sure you get some pictures from the race Smile
ski holidays
@russ_e, I'm in the grandstand so no close ups and probably obscured by flags Laughing
latest report

Here's one from a few years ago
snow report
The Downhill and GS on the 28-29th of Jan at Garmisch-Partenkirchen on the Kandahar slope have been cancelled due to a lack of snow!

Situation and outlook must be extremely dire that they have taken the decision this early, but they will reschedule the races.
snow conditions
A few from the first run. Mikaeka congratulating Petra. Petra on the radio

ski holidays
That course certainly caught a few of them out with gates over the rollers!

Petra off the mark for the season with a convincing win. Shiffrin never seemed to settle in her 2nd run.
latest report
@holidayloverxx, was that you with the Union Jack flag in the grandstand?
snow conditions
@russ_e, no..that was a bloke a bit further to the right...I'm not a bloke. We were on screen for a fraction of a second

@swskier, agreed...that's exactly how it looked ...petra was so happy and joyous during the formal presentations. We were amongst the fan club...the ringing in my ears has just about stopped
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
@russ_e, no..that was a bloke a bit further to the right...I'm not a bloke. We were on screen for a fraction of a second

@swskier, agreed...that's exactly how it looked ...petra was so happy and joyous during the formal presentations. We were amongst the fan club...the ringing in my ears has just about stopped

Great race to watch on TV much have been fantastic in the grandstand.
latest report
@russ_e, yep. I always used to stand on the side of the piste but it's too cold or I've got soft. It's a great vantage point being so close but the grandstand lets you see what's going on in the pen too
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mens Super G from Wengen on Eurosport now.....
latest report
@Alastair Pink, cheers. Nearly missed the winning run.
snow conditions
Do you think Kilde gets lessons from his "girlfriend"?
ski holidays
@Rogerdodger, I suspect it's the other way round. Why the quote marks? She is his girlfriend
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, simply because many may not appreciate who his other half is!

He skied that track so well today, beating Odermatt is an achievement in its own right.
snow report
@Rogerdodger, ok...they are probably non the wiser Laughing

Yes, a great result
snow conditions
Was not overly impressed by Odermatt today, he was skiing on the edge, and while many of them do, I couldn't help but wonder if he is pushing too hard? Or maybe that is what is needed to break into that level.

Shout out to Stefan Rogentin though for his first WC podium! - In some ways would have been great if he had managed his first win on home snow!
snow conditions
Local info coming up. I am in Lauterbrunnen, literally below the track. We skied Murren side this morning in pleasant mild conditions.
Down in Lauters this lunchtime thermometer touched 9deg. Race organisers will be looking for a severe frost tonight or tomorrow's downhill course will get very chewed up.
snow report
Downhill isn't Odermatt's strength and Wengen is pretty much the downhill course with a few GS gates.
snow report
Mens Downhill from Wengen live now on Eurosport.
latest report
So Kilde does a Shiffrin.......2 from 2!
latest report
Rogerdodger wrote:
So Kilde does a Shiffrin.......2 from 2!

By quite some margin today. I don’t think I’ve heard a louder roar from a skiing crowd as for Beat Feuz‘s run.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy