Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids club/creche in the hotel

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have any specific recommendations for hotels/tour operators with kids clubs in the hotel?

I've had a look at Esprit / VIP Ski and no sure where else to look for more. Don't fancy club med.

Anyone with any personal recommendations?

Will have a 2 and a 5 year old next year and want the option of full time kids club for the younger one and split lessons and kids club for the older.

Very little demands about resort etc, much more interested in the hotel itself.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Legend., look for Kinderhotel in Austria - several in Saalbach-Hinterglemm which offer what you want, and have pools and wellness areas.

For example:
https://www.ellmauhof.at/en/index.html
https://hotel-egger.at/en/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Legend., Family Ski (can recommend personally, they were excellent) or Ski Famille (different company, not used them but have seen them around resort and talked to their staff, similar set up to Family Ski). Both are chalet operators not hotels, but would give you the kids club options. Not cheap, but probably similar cost to something like a Kinderhotel.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Legend., Hotel La Cachette in Les Arcs 1600 used to have one. Worth a check whether they still do?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When ours were that young, we went down the Esprit and Family Friendly Skiing(la tania) route. Esprit especially as they send out their Rangers with the kids groups to act as tail-end sweepers, nose wipers, glove put-back-on-ers, toilet trippers etc. and the kids loved it, and we got the skiing in that we wanted and the holiday we needed too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ousekjarr, Will have a look!

@mgrolf, Thanks. Can only get a 5 or 6 day holiday with them due to me needing to go just after new year and that being in the adjustment week to get their holidays back to Sat-Sat. Like the look of both though. Will store those names away.

@PeakyB, Don't think so anymore! Looks recently refurbed and quite nice and not the sort of place they went pesky children!

@Richard_Sideways, Yeah I am thinking Esprit might work best for us at present based on what I have found.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Legend., could be worth giving Family Ski a ring - they're a relatively small operator and may have some degree of flex. If nothing else, we've arrived early and left late (to get extra days of skiing) and they've been very accommodating in terms of making space for us to change, leave our bags etc).
Ultimately I think the family-focused operators all do more or less the same type of thing, so it probably boils down to which one has the right combination of location/dates/availability/price for your specific situation.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Legend.,
Have a look at Neilson or Mark Warner.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Legend., We did Esprit two times, both very good, Obergurgle and VDI, used to use Crystal from when our son was 18mths before them, OK initially but then they closed a few locations, including the one we liked, I think their choice of locations is less now. Son is now 18, so it’s not the most current info.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Dachstein Koenig https://www.dachsteinkoenig.at/ is a family hotel, only, with outstanding facilities. Right opposite the beginner area and main uplift for Dachstein West (Gosau). It’s relatively new, having been built 5 years ago. Plenty of English speaking (if that’s important) staff.

The ski area isn’t massive but you do get a good sense of travel. Nowhere is difficult or overly time consuming to get back to base, should the need arise.

Ski passes aren’t overly expensive. Eating/drinking on the mountain verges on cheap - range €7.00-€13.00 typically. A large Beer is about €4.50-€5.00. Most, if not all, the mountain Hutte are traditional, bursting with character and friendly.

None of the resort villages (Gosau, Russbach, Annaburg) are overly lively - it’s much more a family focused experience, though Gosau does have a decent Apres bar (more or less opposite the hotel, though not so close as to cause any disturbance).

The time you are potentially looking at wouldn’t be overly busy. Snow-wise, in the six years I’ve lived here, early Jan has seen good to excellent conditions, top to bottom.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
“Overly” seems to have become a favourite word… Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Cacciatore, you only missed it out from your first paragraph, but I wouldn't be overly worried as no one will notice...wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Cacciatore, Thanks for the link and info. Looks great. Offering the short week though again. The Fitzwilliams! I'll definitely bookmark that as I wouldn't be overly surprised if that is suitable another time!

@mgrolf, Gave them a call. Tricky time for them and pretty much sold out anyway.

@Kenzie, Cool. Mark Warner look good. Didn't realise they offered childcare in that way.

@geoffknight, Locations are definitely less but I think they offer similar packages and I know so many have used they year on year in the past until their snotty ones have grown up enough.

Any more recommendations before I try and make a final decision..?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Legend., we used Mark Warner once and Esprit quite a number of occasions.

In comparison we found it didn't work so well for us. My children didnt enjoy the clubs as much, they didn't have snow rangers with them in lessons and they didn't do a baby listening service, instead you dropped them into a snuggle club I believe it was, which had older ones watching cartoons etc so my girls didnt sleep there, this left them overtired in the morning and struggling to get up and out for lessons. Result left me and Andrew wolfing down food as fast as possible and early as possible to get them into bed as early as we could.

Our girls were 4 & 7 when we went with them. We started using Esprit when girls were 1 & 4
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@NickyJ, Thanks Nicky. Esprit are currently in top spot for this trip and I would like to give them a try. Had a trip booked with them before the zombie apocalypse which had to be cancelled and would like to see what's what.
snow report
The Austrian "Kinder Hotel" concept is great whereby the hotels are specifically built and designed t facilitate patents skiing while they take care of the children in very good and healthy facilities. We have used the Hotel Bar in Serfaus for many years until our girls were old enough to ski in classes at which point we switched to France and use ESF in the morning and ski together as a family in the afternoons.

https://www.loewebaer.com/en
snow conditions
Hotel Ballunspitze in Galtur
snow report
Quote:

you dropped them into a snuggle club I believe it was, which had older ones watching cartoons etc so my girls didnt sleep there

I bet they didn't! Mine wouldn't have, either. "Snuggle Club" indeed. rolling eyes
ski holidays
@Legend., why don't you fancy Club med? I've been to so many places and for holiday with kids it beats everywhere else hands down. Kids genuinely love it there so much

You'll end up going in years time and your only regret (like us) is you didn't take advantage of it when kids were younger
snow report
@peanuthead That was a question I was going to ask as well

All the people I've seen with kids have said the kids loved it!
snow conditions
@peanuthead, @skitrack, I don't like big hotels at all and every club med I have ever seen is large, (give me a small cabin in the mountains, woods or on the beach and that's where I'd be my happiest whilst on holiday!), but with 2&5 year olds we have made the decision to suck it up and stay in hotels that are bigger than we normally would for the additional benefits of having some other poor soul look after our kids whilst we go off and enjoy ourselves. But that is still a small hotel in reality.

I really can't wait until they can both ski and we can go off together but we aren't there yet. A few more years until that's the case.
snow report
No-one mentioned Chilly Powder yet. Small hotel with in-house childcare.
ski holidays
@shep, Have checked them out. Look great. Pretty much full for my trip time though unfortunately.
snow report
Legend. wrote:
@Cacciatore, Thanks for the link and info. Looks great. Offering the short week though again. The Fitzwilliams! I'll definitely bookmark that as I wouldn't be overly surprised if that is suitable another time!

I know someone quite well who works there and I’ll happily speak to them to see if there is more flexibility on dates re the short week. It’s always possible. Let me know if you’d like me to get in touch with them along with the dates you have in mind.
snow report
Belambra Hotels have a 'Kids Club' - but age range starts at 3 (unless you can persuade your 2 year old to act like a 3 year old...)

https://www.belambra.com/club-arc-2000-l-aiguille-rouge/winter
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy