Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine (Grand Massif) Transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Booked a trip to the Grand massif in Flaine for 7th Jan 2023...before checking the costs of transfers Shocked

For context...I last paid a visit during the March of 2020 before the thing and I checked my email receipt for GoMassif, it was 246 euros for a return from Geneva airport for the three of us! Now they're quoting 458 euros for the five of us - bloody heck! Talk about inflation Laughing Guess its the lack of customers for the years in between and fuel prices...but wow, these transfers are costing us more than our flights.

Clutching at straws here but does anyone have any (cheaper) alternatives...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also if by a long shot, if anyone is going on the same dates, happy to share the costs!! Smile PS. we are returning on the 14th Jan

Maybe should post this on the relevant thread...lol
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
82 euros per head in 2020, now 92 euros per head - not too horrendous a rate of inflation. Flights have gone up at least as much, I'd have said.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're going out to Samoens on the 14th... After checking transfer prices - £400+ like yours, but for 2 people - plus £250 each for flights, plus £55 airport parking, we decided to drive. Including a hotel on the way out and one on the way back it works out about £150 cheaper each. And we have a car in resort, which is probably more useful in Samoens than Flaine! Then there's the lack of airport herding, which is worth a few quid as well.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
82 euros per head in 2020, now 92 euros per head - not too horrendous a rate of inflation. Flights have gone up at least as much, I'd have said.

True! Except it’s the same price say if it was only the two/three of us going. So we’re lucky we hve five to split the cost this time round!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@tanvir786, that's not a shared transfer then, is it?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
@tanvir786, that's not a shared transfer then, is it?

It is! Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@tanvir786, a shared transfer is one where you will have other people you don't know in your bus, and you may have to wait for them to arrive. You have a private transfer, so just your group in the bus.

Train and then taxi / bus would be cheaper....but take ages
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Zorrac wrote:
@tanvir786, a shared transfer is one where you will have other people you don't know in your bus, and you may have to wait for them to arrive. You have a private transfer, so just your group in the bus.

Train and then taxi / bus would be cheaper....but take ages

Oh! I read their message wrong, thought they were asking me if it's a shared/private transfer. My bad lol

But no, I'm selecting a shared transfer on the website, not a private transfer, I think they have up to eight people in a single vehicle. My point was just it's gone pretty expensive regardless of how many people are booking the transfer, whether it be a couple or a few person group.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@tanvir786, I don't understand your comment. A shared transfer is the same price per person no matter how many people.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@tanvir786, you have another thread where you seem to be looking for 2/3 people to share your shared transfer. But if it's a shared transfer the company might already have booked the other seats - and if other people join, that wouldn't reduce your cost. Running a van with only 5 of 8 seats booked is a loss to the company, but rather good for you, as your group have it all to yourselves - a private transfer for the cost of a shared one...... some confusion somewhere.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looking at Go Massif website they are now offering shared transfers (travelling with strangers) at about 65Euros each way between Geneva and Grand Massif resorts, pre-Covid they were about 48Euros each way IIRC.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I did a post on this earlier this year. I got the train from Geneva Airport to Cluses (circa £20 fare one way PP) and then got a taxi to Flaine 1600 which was €70. There is a bus from Cluses up to resort but it isn’t frequent.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Moorzee10 wrote:
I did a post on this earlier this year. I got the train from Geneva Airport to Cluses (circa £20 fare one way PP) and then got a taxi to Flaine 1600 which was €70. There is a bus from Cluses up to resort but it isn’t frequent.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=159947&highlight=
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skier52 wrote:
Looking at Go Massif website they are now offering shared transfers (travelling with strangers) at about 65Euros each way between Geneva and Grand Massif resorts, pre-Covid they were about 48Euros each way IIRC.

And, they have always been excellent when I've used them.
snow report
Charliegolf wrote:
skier52 wrote:

And, they have always been excellent when I've used them.

Agreed.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy