Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania - Bed accommodation only for one male skier.

Poster: A snowHead
Is this the impossible?

I have organised a trip for a group of 11 and our chalet is now booked at its maximum capacity but one other person now wants to come.

Is there anywhere in La Tania that will literally provide just a doss down single bed, even hostel type accommodation. He is not after hotel accommodation as on a room only basis that comes out at more than what we are paying per head for our chalet catered. He will be able to eat with us at our chalet however there is just no more room at the Inn for sleeping.

Any suggestions you knowledgeable people?

Thanks in advance.

Sheila
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My best guess would be to try the Tourist Office..?

Or facebook for hints -- https://www.facebook.com/groups/latania.seasonnaires/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@GixerGirl, a studio apartment might be a good option.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hells Bells wrote:

Thank you, we thought of that but couldn't find anything small enough to make it financially viable. All sleeping and priced on four sharing unfortunately. Thank you for responding though, very kind. Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
albob wrote:
My best guess would be to try the Tourist Office..?

Or facebook for hints -- https://www.facebook.com/groups/latania.seasonnaires/

I'll give that a go. Thank you so much Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
GixerGirl wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:

Thank you, we thought of that but couldn't find anything small enough to make it financially viable. All sleeping and priced on four sharing unfortunately.

Did you look for a studio apartment through the Tourist Office or central booking service?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rjs wrote:
GixerGirl wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:

Thank you, we thought of that but couldn't find anything small enough to make it financially viable. All sleeping and priced on four sharing unfortunately.

Did you look for a studio apartment through the Tourist Office or central booking service?

I had a surf about the La Tania page and called a letting agency within La Tania to be told all based on four sharing. I'll try the tourist information too. Thank you.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@GixerGirl, there was a hostel in la tania, i cannot remember the name unfortunately, and cannot seem to find it doing a google search, it may be a victim to covid Sad

though i had never stayed there, i do remember it having good reviews and was reasonably priced.

also, the la tania office du tourisme website seems to be down at the moment, so unable to search via this route.

as others have said posting on the la tania "face-ache" group may get you a good response regarding cheap accommodation
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try here

http://latania.co.uk/resort/accomm.htm
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski wrote:
Try here

http://latania.co.uk/resort/accomm.htm

Hi, thank you. I have tried within that section of La Tania website. Problem is, he wants to eat with us and would need to pay for his food with our chalet company and then also pay for a bed elsewhere uncatered. It's very difficult to find somewhere that will just give him a bed without him taking the rental of an apartment that sleeps more than one which then starts to become pretty expensive, the hotel is too expensive. Thank you for your suggestion though, much appreciated. I think he just needs to dig a snow hole and come to us for dinner. Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Try dorms.com
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kenzie wrote:
Try dorms.com

Thank you. Had a look, its all proving too expensive really as a single person to try and find something within budget. Thank you for your suggestion.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looking on the official website, apartments do seem expensive even in mid-Jan.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
terrygasson wrote:
@GixerGirl, there was a hostel in la tania, i cannot remember the name unfortunately, and cannot seem to find it doing a google search, it may be a victim to covid Sad

though i had never stayed there, i do remember it having good reviews and was reasonably priced.

also, the la tania office du tourisme website seems to be down at the moment, so unable to search via this route.

as others have said posting on the la tania "face-ache" group may get you a good response regarding cheap accommodation

Wow, wish I could find the hostel. I have emailed the Tourist Office but continually get an error message, so yes I think it must be down too. I've also dropped a note on the La Tania Facebook page and the Seasonaires Page too which is waiting approval.

Thanks for getting back to me. Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rjs wrote:
Looking on the official website, apartments do seem expensive even in mid-Jan.

Yeah too much for a single pensioner when he'll require to pay for his grub within our chalet too Sad
ski holidays
Impossible
ski holidays
red 27 wrote:
Impossible
- yes, appearing that way. Sad
snow report
I am assuming you have talked to the chalet operator for their ideas as you have clearly discussed catering with them/

Two thoughts come to mind - any chance of a mattress in the living room of the chalet? Alternatively, but this may not be until very close to your departure - there are all sorts of seasonnaire type accommodation in resorts and there is an occasional last minute bed availability as seasonnaires go home, get injured etc. Again, your chalet operator may have a finger on this.
ski holidays
countryman wrote:
I am assuming you have talked to the chalet operator for their ideas as you have clearly discussed catering with them/

Two thoughts come to mind - any chance of a mattress in the living room of the chalet? Alternatively, but this may not be until very close to your departure - there are all sorts of seasonnaire type accommodation in resorts and there is an occasional last minute bed availability as seasonnaires go home, get injured etc. Again, your chalet operator may have a finger on this.

Hi - Yes I've discussed this with them, unfortunately the mattress is not a possibility in this case. Thank you though. Little Angel
ski holidays
A quick look on Airbnb does yield a couple of decent possibilities, here's one:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/580941066384262144

It's $105 USD per night (in January, you don't say what week you are there), and with the fees comes
out to $895 total. I suspect that's still above the desired budget, but I'm not sure that, apart from the
theoretical hostel, not sure you can do too much better in a resort during ski season.

Maybe you could find yet another person which would halve the cost of the additional accomodation?
ski holidays
@Snowshoer, Apartments through the resort booking service are a lot less than your Airbnb figure, cheapest I found was 659 euro, still more than I would expect to pay in other resorts.

The cheap option for single rooms in 3V is to stay in Brides-les-Bains, doesn't help if someone wants to meet up with people in La Tania though.
snow report
I think that other person needs to find another person or two so they can get a studio/apartment that is cost effective

Or plan better for the next trip Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
If there's 11 of you and you are independent adults someone is bound to drop out by then.
snow report
Hi,

There is not a hostel in La Tania anymore (probably been gone for 8 years!). Apartments are usually the cheapest. Or could you talk to your chalet company about changing to a bigger chalet? There is the hotel Montanna, but will probably be expensive.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy