Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2022/23 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
The new thread for the coming season is hereby open! Ta-daaa!
I’ll start it off by posting the information that radar kindly provided at the end of last year’s thread.

The ticket prices for the season are live Very Happy , haven't looked at how they compare to last year.

Planned operating times winter 2022/23*
Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn
02.12.2022 planned start of season
08.12.2022 until 10.04.2023 lift operation with ski connections between Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn
11.04.2023 until 16.04.2023 lift operation in Leogang
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hooray! Haven't been skiing since pre Covid, our last planned trip was to Saalbach which was cancelled.

Booking for end March this coming season and can't wait! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ticket prices are now on the website. Key prices are:

Adult 6 day high season = €338
Superski 6 day high season = €352

Local Alpincard season pass, €692/824 before/after 8/12/22

Update - The Superski prices for season passes are now released:

SuperSkiCard Premium
purchase by 06.12.2022 € 860
purchase from 07.12.2022 € 965

Price increase is ~8%

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 7-09-22 8:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Excited for our first trip to the area in mid January! snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyone looking for an apartment let me know. I’m in contact with the network of British people who let holiday apartments in Saalbach.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I think a 2022 6 day pass for the ski circus was around €300 so a sizeable jump but given where we are at on costs/inflation it's hardly surprising.

Heading back in early March. Parents in tow this time for some winter walking (for them) and I suspect sitting in the sun at the top of the mountain!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@TomBH, 21/22 price for high season was $302 for 6 days, so 12% increase
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://www.superskicard.com/en/season-ticket.html

SuperSkiCard Premium
purchase by 06.12.2022 € 860,-
purchase from 07.12.2022 € 965,-

I assume that this is the season pass?!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes. That is the price for season pass.

I think the best deal is 14 days superski pass for 557 EUR which resulted around 39 EUR per day.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Roll on Jan. Can't wait.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tatmanstours wrote:
Anyone looking for an apartment let me know. I’m in contact with the network of British people who let holiday apartments in Saalbach.

We are actually looking for “reasonable price” accommodation December 28 to Jan 4 for 9 people, but unlike Zillertal, everything appears to be from December 31 in Saalbach. Can be one big apartment, or multiple rooms. If you hear of anything suitable, I would be happy to know about it.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spacey is doing a gig at Hotel Post in the village square on the evening of 19th September, anyone who may be around.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Is there any update on Holiday Shuttle for this season? The only info I can find is that it is being 'restructured' with an update to follow in Spring 2023
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah, I'm also looking for a transfer information. We're travelling from Salzburg to Saalbach 21st Jan RETURN 28th Jan. Any info would help Eh oh!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@toyah807, @DHardman, As the Holiday shuttle wasn’t running in March we used https://www.austriatransfer.com/en , found them to be good same meeting point as Holiday Shuttle.

We did have a multidrop with the first one in Zell, then Jausen and Saalbach, but given we have experienced the change over in Saalbach to another bus , it actually felt quicker with Austrian transfers.

The Tourist Board website doesn’t mention Holiday Shuttle anymore.
latest report
@radar, thanks. I used it in Jan for Hinterglemm an it worked well from Szg to Saalbach but seemed a little disorganised on the car park as we split onto mini buses for the last leg.
snow conditions
@toyah807, have had that feeling with holiday shuttle when to split you up , we headed to Jausen before returning to Saalbach up by Burgi’s then on to us at Domicil (near Mpreis) we asked the driver where he was going next and he said Hinterglem , we were the only ones left on the mini bus Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@DHardman, how many of you? once you get to 3, private transfer is best. Holiday shuttle last year were circa €100 return pp i think. I use a local salzburg taxi firm, salzburgtaxi.eu this coming season they are €366 for 3 in a saloon,(we did last year with 3 cases/ 2 boards, bit tight ) €388 for 4 in a Mercedes car, (probably not doable if all 4 have ski’s/boards and cases. ) €402 for a 8 seater Renault van.(this will be our choice for 3 of us next Jan)
latest report
I hear increasingly of people using the public bus between Salzburg Airport and Saalbach. It’s cheap and easy, and it doesn’t take all that much longer than a taxi transfer. But obviously it depends on the times of arrival and departure of flights.
ski holidays
@tatmanstours, am starting to think we should give it a go Very Happy
snow conditions
A friend used it a couple of days ago to get to the airport for an afternoon flight - 18 euros.
snow conditions
@tatmanstours - Do you have a link for the public bus between Salzburg and Saalbach?

Also, What's the snow record like for the last week in Jan at Saalbach?
snow conditions
@DHardman, Mr Tatman will have a longer term opinion and past snowfall may not be any guide to next season but this was the view from my breakfast table in Hinterglemm last year. I was there from 28th Jan i think.

snow report
@toyah807, Thanks!! Looks decent enough to me Eh oh! . I spent the day in Saalbach(via Fieberbrunn) back in 2020 - So i'm looking forward to spending the full week in Saalbach.
snow report
@DHardman, welcome to Snowheads!

The timetable for all public transport in Austria is available at https://fahrplan.oebb.at/webapp - under the Menu option on the top left, you can switch to English at the bottom of the list. Then stick in the details of the trip, and it will give you the options. Public transport is typically very reliable in Austria, including across changes of bus/train, so don't panic if a journey shows a change of trains with only 2 minutes between them - they'll probably be lined up opposite each other, doors open waiting for the inbound train, and then will leave only once the transfers are complete.

On the snow record, Saalbach is a major ski resort and would have closed many years ago if it didn't have a reliable snow record throughout January and February. For data on that, have a look at https://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/weather/Austria/Saalbach_Hinterglemm_Snow_History_Wide.png which shows the last 3 years. At the end of January, expect 120/50cm of cover, which is excellent. Combined with typically cold temperatures, piste conditions are likely to be very good, and with lower traffic at that time, also likely to be comparatively empty.
ski holidays
@ousekjarr, Thanks for links, much appreciated! Looking forward to it now. Hit us up if anybody is around during the last week of Jan Eh oh! . D.
ski holidays
The quickest and simplest route from Salzburg Airport is two buses, with a change in Maishofen at the end of the valley, at 2:05 duration. Avoid the 3:20 bus/train/train/bus/bus option unless you like juggling your luggage regularly wink

The timetable for January will likely not be available for another 6-8 weeks - currently stops in mid December.
snow report
@DHardman, welcome to SnowHeads
For the bus you can download the Salzburg Verkehr app and get the times as well a buy the tickets through it.
If you are on Apple its, there and Android version too
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/salzburg-verkehr/id484532993
Skiing last January

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I always use public transport. The Postbus is the cheapest option, but I do use the train depending on the times. I have the OBB app on my phone and just buy the ticket for the next available service once I'm in passport control.

I travel solo and find this the best option. However, as others have said if there are 3 or more people then a private transfer is possibly the way to go.
snow report
I'm going to be in Hinterglemm for a week from the 10th December. Going to be reunited with all my kit after I had to leave it at the hotel in March following my mishap!

Then have 2 weeks from the 7th January. I have a week planned at the end of February, might stretch t to 2 if I can get some extra days off work.

Looking forwards to the season Very Happy
snow report
does anyone know if the tirol snow card cover fieberbrunn?
ski holidays
@Mother hucker, https://snowcard.tirol.at/ there’s a map on the landing page and yes it is included
ski holidays
Reposted from the Saalbach tourist office

The BERGFESTival is finally back Eh oh! From 9 to 11 December top live acts such as Wanda and Billy Talent await you in Saalbach Hinterglemm! Eh oh!

Eh oh! www.berg-festival.at
snow conditions
Re: Fieberbrunn and the Tirol Card.

Fieberbrunn does NOT appear to be covered by the Tirol Card according to both the map and the list of resorts.
snow report
@Mother hucker, I should stick to answering questions on the ski circus Toofy Grin as looking at https://snowcard.tirol.at/ and resorts beginning with F it’s not on the list.

latest report
@quinton, that's what I though but I read several other places it is, the other places being the skiwelt/steinplatte/ski juwel websites which also sell the card. They have down bergbannen Fieberbrunn
snow conditions
@tatmanstours, Very many thanks for the copy for your guide. Are you planning to issue an updated version? Looking forward to the 7th of January. Once again thank you. Best wishes. Peter Woodhead
ski holidays
Fieberbrunn ist not in the TSC since the connection with Saalbach i think...it is not something new....
ski holidays
@peter w, you’re welcome. It’s pretty much up to date - just a question of trying to keep up to date with airlines, taxi firm and restaurant recommendations.
latest report
Quick question for the Saalbach gurus, any views on the Vaya Residence Kristall? That's currently my top contender for our trip out on the 25th March.

Also my assumption is that the whole area will still be open, slush/snow conditions permitting. I think that's probably the last full week of opening before some lifts and slopes wind down?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy