Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2022 / 2023

Poster: A snowHead
Staying in Residence Front de niege which I think is in Plagne Villages.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Perfect - you're going to have a great week
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi! You can actually book the parking ahead of arrival. A lot of the spaces are owned by the accommodations. So you often book through your accommodation provider. But you can also book directly with the carpark. Here is an article breaking down all he parking in La Plagne and also the phone numbers to call each car park to book ahead. It coss about 72€ for a week https://thatslaplagne.com/how-to-travel-la-plagne/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
chopkins13 wrote:
@Handy Turnip, no worries. There’s 2 underground car parks in Belle Plagne, so depending on which accommodation you’re in you’ll need either base or top (haut) car park. If you get the right one there will be a staircase straight from the car park into your building. It’s actually a really good set up.

Hi! You can actually book the parking ahead of arrival. A lot of the spaces are owned by the accommodations. So you often book through your accommodation provider. But you can also book directly with the carpark. Here is an article breaking down all he parking in La Plagne and also the phone numbers to call each car park to book ahead. It coss about 72€ for a week https://thatslaplagne.com/how-to-travel-la-plagne/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
turms2 wrote:
I have a couple of silly questions
I have booked in plagne bellecote.
I suppose i have to leave the car in one of the two Parks either the open or the closed
Assuming that our car geht nicht in the covered Park (suppose it is over 1.90 with the box on the roof) i have to Park in the open
But... Do i have to prebook?
And...how should i go from the Park to the ski lits and the appartment? Walk following the Streit till the appart hotels?

Hi! You can book the parking by calling the parking directly or though your accommodation provider. It costs about 72€ for a week https://thatslaplagne.com/how-to-travel-la-plagne/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
JulieAimeLeSki wrote:
Yesterday was the yearly Julien Lizeroux Super Slalom event, from Aime2000 to La Roche. It's a slalom with 320 gates, instead of the usual 45-75, so you definitely feel the burn. I skied it for the first time and i loved everything about it Smile It was truly a great day, amidst skiing greats such as Alexis Pinturault, Tessa worley, Nastasia Noens, AJ Ginnis, Clément Noël, in a super happy and positive and animated atmosphere, for a very intense sportive moment. There were about 430 participants. A lot of them disguised for fun, as there is also a best outfit-competition. The winners times are a little over 5 minutes. It's insane but also insanely fun Smile fresh powder in La Plagne made organisation complicated but successful. Time for a new week now Smile

Love the super slalom, but even more excited for the Subli-Cimes this week. Fingers crossed for some sunshine so we can relax and enjoy the Zen peak!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jen:thatslaplagne wrote:
chopkins13 wrote:
@Handy Turnip, no worries. There’s 2 underground car parks in Belle Plagne, so depending on which accommodation you’re in you’ll need either base or top (haut) car park. If you get the right one there will be a staircase straight from the car park into your building. It’s actually a really good set up.

Thanks - I think they need to make it more intuitive to pre-book parking. Even the apartment owner said you couldn't pre-book. In Val Thorens for example, it's a two minute job on a website to book a weeks parking. Not sure why it's not the same.

Love the YouTube channel btw!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can here pre book.
https://www.parkinglaplagne.com/
If you want in one of these
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
turms2 wrote:
I have a couple of silly questions
I have booked in plagne bellecote.
I suppose i have to leave the car in one of the two Parks either the open or the closed
Assuming that our car geht nicht in the covered Park (suppose it is over 1.90 with the box on the roof) i have to Park in the open
But... Do i have to prebook?
And...how should i go from the Park to the ski lits and the appartment? Walk following the Streit till the appart hotels?

Hi! You can book the parking by calling the parking directly or though your accommodation provider. It costs about 72€ for a week https://thatslaplagne.com/how-to-travel-la-plagne/

i dont know for other parkings in La Plagne but the open in Bellecote cost 59 for a week and the covered 60 for a Week
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Handy Turnip wrote:
chopkins13 wrote:

Thanks - I think they need to make it more intuitive to pre-book parking. Even the apartment owner said you couldn't pre-book. In Val Thorens for example, it's a two minute job on a website to book a weeks parking. Not sure why it's not the same.

Love the YouTube channel btw!

Lol thanks - any excuse o had out skiing and call it work!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just arrived back after a fantastic week - such great skiing. Particularly had great fun on Friday morning when it just dumped down on morning. My OH went for a long coffee, so I just did loops of the Mont Blanc run in all the glorious fresh snow
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Handy Turnip wrote:
Just arrived back after a fantastic week - such great skiing. Particularly had great fun on Friday morning when it just dumped down on morning. My OH went for a long coffee, so I just did loops of the Mont Blanc run in all the glorious fresh snow

Very much this. We tagged on an extra day so had a splendid family day in the sun yesterday. Plenty of powder at the piste edge, crepes at Le.Bonnet, lunch at Chalet Inverses and the Subliclimes peaks to explore. Absolutely brilliant.

Only problem was LH Jnr2 with his new shiny 3-star badge was getting VERY cocky Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's getting very calm in La Plagne at the moment. The outside parking in the centre of Belle Plagne is about half full. The sunny terraces in Bellecôte at lunchtime were equally half full / half empty. Snow was almost excellent last week and is now more and more evolving towards Spring conditions.
I succeeded my second French ski instructor exam a few weeks ago, started teaching and will be getting more and more into eurotest GS training as season and ski school work is starting to diminish.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well done on passing your second French ski instructor exam.

Sounds like a great place to be right now - the seeds of planning our next trip are starting to be sown...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@eps, so kind, thank you! The past couple of days have been great, as you say, the wonderful weather is predicted to change starting tomorrow, so we'll see what exactly happens with that. I'll be out with my oursons tomorrow morning Smile
snow report
Snow (sometimes slightly wet) on tuesday all day, wednesday evening, thursday evening, friday evening, and a big part of today.
Very few people about on the slopes today.
It feels like a little more families are arriving than last week, French school holidays.
Today I participated in my first ESF mémorial aka a competition for ESF instructors with a 3 course buffet meal, a great time, and nice prizes.
ski holidays
Sunday was quite low visibility, too often in or very close to the clouds.
Monday, today, was gorgeous. Blue sky with some with clouds up high. Good snow in the morning, extreme spring snow in the afternoon, the kind that sticks like Pattex. (And I waxed yesterday) quite hot, gorgeous april day on the slopes. It continues to be very calm everywhere. Very few people about.
ski holidays
Currently on Blanchets with a blue sky, no cloud in sight. Yesterday morning had excellent conditions, the stade de slalom had been prepared very well and it had been a little colder at night. Afternoon usual springtime skiing. This morning will be another morning of GS with time registration. I'm testing a pair of Nordica GS 23m 183 cm skis to get the material required for the Eurotest or épreuve CTT which I'll be heading to end of january 2024.
ski holidays
Hi

Do any of the La Plagne experts know about the time frame for the proposed developments around Aime La Plagne - new apartments, water park and hotel complex. I recall reading about this and believe the build timescale was between 2019 and 2023. I suspect COVID pushed the date back but was wondering if this is still going to go ahead in the current climate of increased building costs etc?
snow conditions
A bit late with my report, but was in LP from 8th - 15th April. My first time in the resort. Pretty good conditions for the time of year. 2/3 days of sun, unfortunately 1 day of rain/ snow and the rest partly cloudy, but all in all great conditions for the time of year. Great family resort with loads of blues for my 9 year old to build confidence on. Mountain food not too pricey, steak an chips no more than 26 Euro, bottle of wine from 12 euro. The killer was soft drinks for kids at 5 euro!

Place was pretty empty and barely queued which was a very pleasant surprise!
snow conditions
Griggs wrote:
Hi

Do any of the La Plagne experts know about the time frame for the proposed developments around Aime La Plagne - new apartments, water park and hotel complex. I recall reading about this and believe the build timescale was between 2019 and 2023. I suspect COVID pushed the date back but was wondering if this is still going to go ahead in the current climate of increased building costs etc?

It's gone very quiet on that plan. Last I heard the developer had pulled out. The Mayor of Aime is likely to be super cautious now because a shell of a building in Montalbert that work stopped on around 4 years ago. The Mayor had promoted the building originally.

Found this - looks like its been kicked into the long grass again "By deliberation on January 26, 2023, the Municipal Council of Aime la Plagne awarded an AMO contract for the follow-up of the Plagne-Aime 2000 development concession for the period 2023 to 2026. Following a call for tenders, the company selected is the ALGOE group".

"Algoe Group are a Consulting and Management Services firm for
Projects, Organisation, Development and Human Resources"
ski holidays
- The past 2 days have been about packing and loading the car and cleaning the apartment.
- I did ski down from Arpette yesterday evening under a gorgeous sunny sky and felt very lucky.
- Today I had to run some errands and did them mostly on skis. Snow was harder than I would've guessed this morning at 11am heading from les Blanchets to Belle Plagne. Another gorgeous sunny day. Warm.
- Some lifts closed already this week such as le Tyrolien, le Col de Forcle drags. More and more restaurants closing as well. Today was the last day for the Cheyenne café in Belle Plagne.
-Chalet des Inversens wasn't open anymore for a last plat du jour so after a trip up to Roche de Mio - as I was enjoying myself so much while freeskiing for my errands - I skied my last run of the season down les Sources to Bellecôte.
- Snow is starting to deteriorate, but for those out there this week, it's a pretty nice week to finish the season. Some stones appearing on piste in between Belle Plagne and Bellecôte/ on the equivalent height on Trieuse. Next to the apartment buildings in Bellecôte it's the greenest it has been for a while.
-I'll be in La Plagne again next season, working as an instructor and aiming for m'y ''admis'' on the Eurotest. Already very excited for next winter season.
snow report
@JulieAimeLeSki, thanks for all your updates this season, they’ve been very valuable to many. Enjoy the off season!
snow conditions
JulieAimeLeSki wrote:
I skied my last run of the season down les Sources to Bellecôte.

That is a great way to end the season.

Don't worry, it will soon be Winter again Laughing
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, Thanks for the update on the development. Due to stay in Aime La Plagne twice next season and was a bit worried that we might have turned up to face a rather large building site ! As you say looks as though this development may have been parked for a bit. Not overly sure that La Plagne needs any more large developments. I've always been of the opinion that the resort development has gravitated up the mountain away from the original resort hubs of Plagne Centre, Bellecote and Aime La Plagne. Unfortunately it is very difficult to make the mountain larger to accommodate the number of people actually staying in the resort and many of the major lifts still originate from the aforementioned hubs resulting in the overcrowding on the lower runs and around the lifts such as Arpette and Colosses. I do appreciate that the resort has worked hard recently to develop higher altitude routes between the different areas of the resort.
snow report
@JulieAimeLeSki, thank you very much for all your updates this season. Also, congratulations on passing your instructor exams, and all the best for your Eurotest next season!
We’re here at the moment, & the conditions are really wonderful, aren’t they (if, as you said, a little firm in the mornings!). We have decided that we’ll be getting the forfait de saison again (we do love it here!) so maybe we’ll get to say hello next year Smile
Safe journey home Smile
latest report
@chopkins13, Thank you so much for your very kind reply! Have a great summer.

@Layne, Yes! Exactly Smile Fingers crossed winter starts 1.11.23 in Tignes.

@Jo225, Thank you so much for your very kind reply and well-wishes Smile Enjoy the last hours of the season. Yesterday and today (when I left this morning) were really wonderful, as you say. Excellent decision !
latest report
I'm wondering if any of you all head to La Plagne - or other alpine resorts over the summer?

We're in the weird interseason right now, where there is still snow on the ground, but it's fast melting! Waiting for the bike trails to clear and the walking routes to dry out. Then we'll be off exploring again with the kids.

Do any of you do summer holidays out here?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm wondering if any of you all head to La Plagne - or other alpine resorts over the summer?

We're in the weird interseason right now, where there is still snow on the ground, but it's fast melting! Waiting for the bike trails to clear and the walking routes to dry out. Then we'll be off exploring again with the kids.

yeap. Already booked a week in Tignes, a week in Flaine, and a week in Kaunertal (AUT)
since 2017 for us summer holidays = Hiking, Mountains, Alps etc
snow report
@Jen:thatslaplagne, not la plagne, but les arcs.

Last year we went for a walk upto the Roche du Mia. In the past we have attempted the bellecote from the backside.

Just up the road from longfoy is the small village of nôtre dame du pre ( it has its own ski lifts) which has a lovely sport climbing area. We often see British families there, climbing, picnicking or camping.
snow report
Yes, the campsite at Notre dame du pre is beautiful. We haven't been able to stay, but we drive up there often to walk and picnic with the kids. Hoping they get into climbing a bit more this summer. The oldest has shown some interest, so we'll see... Eh oh!
ski holidays
turms2 wrote:

yeap. Already booked a week in Tignes, a week in Flaine, and a week in Kaunertal (AUT)
since 2017 for us summer holidays = Hiking, Mountains, Alps etc

Niiiice! I love it here in the summer.

Question - why not La Plagne? no judgment, I was just talking with my husband earlier about why Brits don't come to La Plagne so much in the summer, but they head to Tignes or Morzine. You can help settle an discussion/argument between us
latest report
I think that people go to tignes for the summer skiing and I suspect because the lifts are free.

No idea why people go to morzine I think chamonix is more popular anyway.
snow report
Morzine - famous for summer MTBing
Chamonix - People go to see the Mer de Glace (before it is gone!) and the cable car to Aguille du Midi
3V - has done a lot in terms of cycling infrastructure recently. e.g. the Courchevel - Meribel bike paths over the Col de la Loze and the TdF is there this year.
Tignes - Has summer skiing on the GM and the activities around the lake.

I can't think of anything specific about La Plagne over the above, purely from a marketing stand point.
latest report
@NoMapNoCompass, some of my friends go to Chamonix for the climbing. In fact I thought that was most people went to Chamonix and was the reason I first went.

TBH La Plagne is not where I'd choose to spend the summer. Les Arcs has better connections to the valley based activities such as rafting and the same VTT trails as La Plagne. Tignes, Val d'Isere and La Rossiere have better access to the excellent walking up by the Italian border. Bozel, Champagny and especially Pralognan la Vanoise are places I'd prefer to stay rather than La Plagne - sorry @Jen:thatslaplagne. But if I had an apartment in La Plagne I'd use it in the summer.
latest report
johnE wrote:
@NoMapNoCompass, some of my friends go to Chamonix for the climbing. In fact I thought that was most people went to Chamonix and was the reason I first went.

Yeah, sorry I meant for general tourism. Chamonix is indeed the centre for alpinism in France.
snow conditions
johnE wrote:

TBH La Plagne is not where I'd choose to spend the summer. Les Arcs has better connections to the valley based activities such as rafting and the same VTT trails as La Plagne. Tignes, Val d'Isere and La Rossiere have better access to the excellent walking up by the Italian border. Bozel, Champagny and especially Pralognan la Vanoise are places I'd prefer to stay rather than La Plagne - sorry @Jen:thatslaplagne. But if I had an apartment in La Plagne I'd use it in the summer.

Totally agree with all the above. Les Arcs is much busier in the summer than here in La Plagne. Especially with the Funicular up from Bourg St Maurice. It's much more popular with the locals as well as people on holiday, and I think the bike trails are more developed than here.

And La Plagne 100% can't compete with Chamonix for the climbing and summer hiking either. Or Mrozine for the biking. I have so many friends who live here in La Plagne but still head to Morzine for their weekend bike riding.

Having said that, it works for me here in the summer because my biking is 'average' at best and my kids are small, so don't need a massive challenge.
latest report
johnE wrote:
I think that people go to tignes for the summer skiing and I suspect because the lifts are free.

No idea why people go to morzine I think chamonix is more popular anyway.

The lifts in Tigns aren't free.... are they? I've never heard that. and We've always had to buy passes for using the bike lifts in the summer when we've visited.
snow report
Correct, lifts in Tignes aren't free in summer.
snow report
Pre-Covid the Tignes lifts were indeed free for biking for at least a year, possibly more. My hazy recollection is you still needed to get a card but the actually daily charge didn’t apply.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy