Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Cenis Transfer in January

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

First time posting...
This is quite a long shot, but offering out anyone to share our ski transfers or to see if anyone can offer any advice on an alternative from experience.

Group of us going for this first time to Val Cenis (staying Lanslevillard) at the start of January (7th - 14th).
Unfortunately, our numbers mean that we have a couple too many to fit an 8 seater (we have 10) and therefore are currently looking at booking a 16 seater minibus to shuttle us there and back.
Best price I've managed to get for this is 1640€, which isn't terrible at all, but it will be half empty.

Our timings are as follows...
07/01/2023 - Grenoble Airport (Flight Arrives 11:15am) -> Lanslevillard
14/01/2023 - Lanslevillard -> Grenoble Airport (Flight Departs 11:55am)

If by complete coincidence this fits in with anyone else or even close, then give me a shout.

Alternatively the options I can find are public transfer or car hire. Has anyone had experience with these in the past?
Car hire it seems there is one at Grenoble Airport, but getting any info or quotes is impossible.
Public transport would be bus to Grenoble, train to Modane, bus to Lanslevillard I believe, this seems like more effort than it's worth for saving a little cash.

Finally I realise this is probably a slightly different section, but any advice on the area generally would also be great.

Thanks in advance
Rich
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We tend to fly to Turin, but it is only a bit closer. Then drive or taxi. A train all the way from Paris to Modane is also possible
We are off-piste skiers and like to ski a couple of days in Val Cenis, then a day each in other nearby resorts (Val Frejus, La Norma, Bonneval are the main ones) There is a special lift pass for that.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Your dates are some of the quietest weeks of the season.
These guys just might be able to offer you a better quote.

https://www.lepraztransfers.com/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@RJGDash, welcome to the forum.

Unable to offer direct advice regarding your travel from airport as we've only driven direct to VC. The bus I understand is normal service from Modane though and an easy route, so doesn't seem too onerous an option if that's definitely your restriction to use.

Val Cenis Llansvillard, we've stayed friends and family groups a few times and really like it there. Plenty of area to ski with good variety of piste etc. A ski "village" rather than purpose built ski station, decent altitude (but doesn't seem like that on approach from Modane as slope up is so gentle) and good place to stay. Unsure about pricing this year with so many factors in play across europe etc, but generally a decent cost advantage over big headliner named ski areas for lift pass and other costs.

Feels good value eating out in comparison to others with some great lunch places piste side. "La Ramass" directly above Llansvillard on piste is excellent but fills up early for lunch, so target a table if that's your choice (although Jan should be less busy generally) along with another (forget name immediately, but in termignon area) in termignon and only one up the mountain there, is well worth going over there on the lift to that area. All drag lifts at top but some good skiing, along with run and return chair right down to village a very good varied ski with all tree line skiing.
Eskimo pass gives access to other areas in Maurienne valley if they interest you, favour Bonneval and La Norma first if you want to venture out. Think they are set days out if you do, ie on a Wednesday this one is on offer so check at pass office for how it's working at beginning of week.
All in all I feel a really good area to ski and generally very relaxed atmosphere. Very good wood fired pizza restaurant in village for evening is recommended, also there's a trattoria supplying food to heat yourself that's also very good. A few small supermarkets dotted around you can walk to if self catering, along with a few very nice boulangerie.

Thoroughly enjoy time spent there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Le Terroir Savoyard below the church, near the bridge is an very good restaurant.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Used to stay at the hotel in Lanslebourg with snowcoach years ago. Love the place. On a powder day Termignon is fantastic and there is the chair link over to Lanslebourg.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks so much for the info guys. Really helpful!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy