Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DPS skis

Poster: A snowHead
$1549 - they’re taking the pi55 right?

https://www.dpsskis.com/collections/pagoda-tour?_kx=redLeHHK5XCPkfgsuGjgHylAIAApQj4O94_YsajyNbs%3D.XzMRZq
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think it just goes to show that there's a mug born every minute. TBF the list price on some skis I've had over the years is sometimes not that far off those levels, but I didn't, and wouldn't dream of paying that much, no matter how good they may be.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not really - I think $1200 minimum is pretty much the tag price on any ski that can be badged as premium in the US these days. Different question whether those encouraging people to buy them as the "ultimate in refinement" etc are laying out that sort of money themselves.

Skiers on the whole are mugs - there's a whole massive group who can be fobbed off with any old rot in the rental market and then there is a whole slice of "I want nice things and can afford them" or "I can justify this because I'll ski x% better". Then there are those of us that consider ourselves not mugs but who still buy more skis than we can ever wear out in a lifetime rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dave of the Marmottes, I think spyderjon told me he’d had people lose interest in Scott skis because they are too cheap Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I love their skis and the pairs I’ve had have lasted really well and given me excellent value. But last time I bought a pair they were $1299 (reduced to $1099 in Dreamtime sale). An increase of $250 to $1549 in 1 year is too much. I’m out
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@BobinCH, I am slightly struggling to work out how you established that a pair of skis (and not your only pair ( and not spent their so far life on east coast boilerplate (etc.))) "lasted really well" in a year???

Call me old fashioned, etc.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
@BobinCH, I am slightly struggling to work out how you established that a pair of skis (and not your only pair ( and not spent their so far life on east coast boilerplate (etc.))) "lasted really well" in a year???

Call me old fashioned, etc.

The clue is in the letter s
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’m sure the price increases relate less to increased costs, as the fact that the original owner Stephen Drake was ousted a couple or three years back, so DPS stopped being a personal passion project and became a business opportunity. They also massively expanded so no doubt have huge overheads, and the ‘carbon’ skis are all made in the US of A, so the labour costs are real.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BobinCH, I présumé you ski on a pair of them? Although, you could arguably skwal them? Twisted Evil
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@BobinCH, I présumé you ski on a pair of them? Although, you could arguably skwal them? Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I’m pretty sure they were around $1000 when I bought my first pair, but the exchange rate wasn’t far off 2:1 back then Confused
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well if @BobinCH isn't buying any that will put a severe dent in DPS' sales figures...but more importantly it means I have nothing to ski on in a years time when I want a new-ish pair for myself Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Who pays RRP anyway? I have a price I’m prepared to pay for anything and I wait for the sales or a deal. If it doesn’t get to that figure I walk away.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Everything 20% off at Sport Conrad for a few days….
https://www.sport-conrad.com/en/products/dps/pagoda-lotus-117.html
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BobinCH wrote:
$1549 - they’re taking the pi55 right?

https://www.dpsskis.com/collections/pagoda-tour?_kx=redLeHHK5XCPkfgsuGjgHylAIAApQj4O94_YsajyNbs%3D.XzMRZq

I love how it is $1549 across the board, first time at least I have seen a manufacturer price skis like that - more bang for your buck the fatter you go Razz
latest report

This was 8 yrs ago, Val d'Isere I think, "Skis Dénériaz" €6200! Probably snapped up by a Russian just for some French schoolkid to go planking across them in the lift queue
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
Who pays RRP anyway? I have a price I’m prepared to pay for anything and I wait for the sales or a deal. If it doesn’t get to that figure I walk away.

NPL never pay list, I just picked up a pair of 2022 Nordica enforcer 110s with bindings for £529, the most that I ever paid for skis but still about £300 below list Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy