Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Essential recyclable ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Listened to a Blister podcast on this. Quite interesting concept and great looking ski. If anyone gets on them pls report!
https://blisterreview.com/podcasts/rossignols-recyclable-essential-ski-with-david-bouvier-ep-201
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pedantically, its more recyclable (77% according to them - by weight/volume? not sure) than the average (?) ski rather than "recyclable" which implies totally recyclable.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gaah - I hate podcasts. And videos as well, for this sort of thing. Can't they just make their text available for quicker consumption?

Anyway, I think the idea of trying to be more green is laudible, of course, but recyclable skis is not even scratching the surface when we still fly hundreds or thousands of miles to ski resorts and use massive lift systems and groomed pistes to pursue our passion. If we want to be green then we need to embrace ski touring in our own back yards, and of course that's not going to happen for more than a fraction of a percent of skiers.

It's like these high-performance luxury e-vehicles. You buy a two tonne luxo-barge that can whisk you to 100mph in three seconds because it's eco-friendly? I don't think so. Something half the weight with half the speed and luxury will be probably more than twice as efficient, whether electric or ICE, so your green credentials are but a veneer, Mr. Tesla driver.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ster wrote:
Pedantically, its more recyclable (77% according to them - by weight/volume? not sure) than the average (?) ski rather than "recyclable" which implies totally recyclable.

The guy said the average is currently 7% recyclable and this ski will be 77% recyclable mainly through the manufacturing process which allows them to separate components. He also talked about eco sourcing as it seems this is where I high % of their carbon footprint is coming from
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
Gaah - I hate podcasts. And videos as well, for this sort of thing. Can't they just make their text available for quicker consumption?

Anyway, I think the idea of trying to be more green is laudible, of course, but recyclable skis is not even scratching the surface when we still fly hundreds or thousands of miles to ski resorts and use massive lift systems and groomed pistes to pursue our passion. If we want to be green then we need to embrace ski touring in our own back yards, and of course that's not going to happen for more than a fraction of a percent of skiers.

It's like these high-performance luxury e-vehicles. You buy a two tonne luxo-barge that can whisk you to 100mph in three seconds because it's eco-friendly? I don't think so. Something half the weight with half the speed and luxury will be probably more than twice as efficient, whether electric or ICE, so your green credentials are but a veneer, Mr. Tesla driver.

No longer have a Tesla but can’t I enjoy my luxo-barge and ski touring?

Going up to the mountains with the kids and bikes on the train this weekend - now come on, that must cheer you up Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chaletbeauroc wrote:

From the link in the show notes wink

https://www.rossignol.com/us/essential#essential
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BobinCH wrote:

No longer have a Tesla but can’t I enjoy my luxo-barge and ski touring?

Sure, fill your boots, I'll do likewise, although I'm not sure a LR defender quite counts. But I don't pretend that my choices are the best thing for the planet.

BobinCH wrote:

Going up to the mountains with the kids and bikes on the train this weekend - now come on, that must cheer you up Very Happy

Cool. And yes, that's more of a green contribution than driving, I guess.

There seem to be much fewer visitors this year than the last - I guess all the Swiss are going abroad now - so the more the merrier. We have some spaces available...

BobinCH wrote:

From the link in the show notes wink

https://www.rossignol.com/us/essential#essential

Ta, but yeah, I'd already googled it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy