Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer Options to Madonna di Campliglio

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m planning a long weekend ski trip to Madonna DI Campiglio next March - there may be anything between 4 and 12 of us going so trying to do research on transfers - can anyone help in any way?

Which airports are best to fly into and do any scheduled buses run midweek from any of them to and from Madonna? I seem to remember something about subsidised buses to the dolomites from Venice on previous bashes - is this still a thing?

If we do get 8-12 of us then I imagine getting a private transfer minibus would be best - I’ve previously used suntransfers and zip transfers and can get prices from them online - can anyone recommend anyone else? Is it worth me asking Admin if he has any contacts?

Thanks in advance anyway snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think www.flyskishuttle.com has some options for shared and private transfers from several airports, though shared tend to be weekend only. They also offer a discount if you have booked accommodation through various local tourist office websites. Snowtrex and Sunweb have decent accommodation options. Venicecabs often come out cheapest for private transfers from VCE, though it is a bit of a trek.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Dolomitie transfer only runs to Arabba Sat and Sun, from Venice 1pm and 6pm. From Treviso 2pm and 7pm. None midweek. Unlikely to be any scheduled anywhere. I don't think there is an option with them to your destination.

Quite a few snowHead have booked private transfers previously, so they might be along to give you phone numbers for Companies.
Most Companies limited the numbers in mini buses during Covid, making then less cost effective. Not sure if they have been lifted yet. May be limits next season.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://viaggiaregidi.it/ is based in Riva del Garda and their largest minibus is 19 seats, but as their website implies, 15 passengers with lots of baggage. They probably don't have luggage trailers.
https://www.taxipinzolocampiglio.com/ is based in Pinzolo and claims to go to 22 seats.

When searching by Google or similar use "NCC Madonna di Campiglio". "NCC" is "noleggio con conducente" or "with its own driver" as against self-drive.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rent a car (or two or three or minibus) and drive? That's got to be the cheapest and most convenient option.

Cars are usually cheap to hire in winter in Italy as summer is the high season.

Verona is best for MdC, but you might find something cheaper, with better timings, or from a more convenient UK airport if you consider Bergamo, Malpensa, Linate, Venice or Treviso...maybe even Bologna?? With car hire you can consider these options if they make more sense.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been to MdC (well actually Pinzolo) for a long weekend and did the hire car ex MXP. For a long weekend your priority is maximising your time on snow with your flight times so unlikely any scheduled service if it existed would work. . So if not car hire you're probably looking at a private minibus charter.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fly to verona take the train to Trento which go hourly and then from there , there is a regular bus and a ski shuttle during the season The madonna tourist office should have timetables takes about 3>4 hours
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Many of the hotels I MdC have agreements with transfer companies, so you often, not always, get a better price through them. Email the hotel Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
coincidentally we've been looking at this for our annual trip to MdC. As others have said first stop is to ask your hotel but it's always good to know the going rate.

Car hire prices are mad at the moment, they may well change but currently for a group a private transfer works out cheaper than hiring 2 cars.

Best airport is Verona as it has the shortest transfer but you can also look at Milan Bergamo or Venice. We've driven from Verona and Venice both are easy enough, it's a simple and beautiful drive.

This site (mentioned above) https://www.flyskishuttle.com/en/ gives you quite a few options for different airports and allows you to price them up, everything from the scheduled ski transfer to booking an private coach. ca Eur 800 for a 6 person minibus return Verona to MdC. It also has a decent cancellation policy so is a good place to get some idea of prices even if you book elsewhere.

However this site looks cheaper for us, ca Eur600 for https://www.verona-airport-transfers.com/madonna-di-campiglio/ (it's part of a large taxi booking service and has a UK phone number). You can get a 16 seater coach for Eur 700 return plus £40 booking fee, bit of a no brainer for a large group.

We haven't used either site for ski transfers but have used the Verona airport transfers one for a taxi. It was simple and they used a very nice Merc but we needed to pay the driver cash, I don't know if that's normal or it would be required for a larger fee.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the replies everyone- there’s 5 of us confirmed already and may be anything up to 13 so think the minibus route will probably be best for us - will definitely ask the hotel once booked and then compare against the sites
@richb67, suggested.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy