Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do i wear?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry to WH members but i thought I would post this here too.

So I’m off to xscape on Tuesday to try out my new skis. What do I wear? - never been indoors before. Not intending falling over, so do I need ski pants and jacket or will tracksuit bottoms and a fleece suffice?
May try out Hillend on Wednesday, where I learned to ski in the 80’s, (not been there since) or back for another couple of hours in Glasgow depending on what I think of Xscape.
I do know what to wear on dry slopes (nothing expensive!)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
II, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I get really hot in indoor snowslopes, the temperature is only a shade below zero, there's no wind and you're probably working relatively hard... so I'd go for the tracksuit bottoms and fleece.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
II, Welcome to snowHead . When I go to Xscape, I use old ski trousers, an old fleece and my oldest ski gloves. Temperatures in the domes is around zero, so it really depends on how cold you get outside in those temps. I don't bother with a hat, though I do see folk well togged up, clearly expecting bad weather. There are pay lockers, which are not refundable, so make sure you get all your kit out 1st time.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
II, Firstly welcome to Snowheads and keep on posting here!.

Certainly nothing expensive just in case it gets ripped. If you have some old salopettes and a jacket then that shoud be sufficent padding so if you fall you fall on a hard surface and bruises may occur. A decent pair of gloves is a necessity and a lot of injuries on dry slopes are to hands. It is not nice fluffy snow you are falling on. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hibernia, may not be fluffy, but Xscape ain't a dry slope either. Here, have the Thicky Baton, I've had it long enough!!! snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, thanks Helen Laughing Embarassed
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanx for the advice i'll let you know how it goes.
PS new skis are rossi z5's and i can't wait to try them out.
Still snow patches about on the tops in scotland but i dont fancy the walk up to them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
II, like others above I find a fleece just about right with a t-shirt/sweatshirt on underneath. Thick track bottoms or even just warmish trousers are fine but I find old salopettes better 'cos otherwise your butt gets wet from the snow/ice on the tops of the poma buttons from where they bounce and scrape on the snow - and don't think you can just brush it off the buttons 'cos often it's made of sterner stuff. Have fun though. And welcome to snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
II,

Do you really live on Skye? Bit of a drive to Xscape
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnboy, there's one in Glasgow.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, It would still be quicker for you to drive to London
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnboy, Yes I live on Skye but I have to be in Glasgow next week on business so I thought I would try out my new skis while there. It takes about 4 hours to drive there, depending on how many tourists are on the road.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
II, I'll be interested to hear what you thought of the experience. Rather tame after the wilds of the Highlands (or any real mountains really!).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
II, welcome to snowHead

I bought my wife some Z5s this year (her first pair of non-rental skis) and she thinks they are fab. Have a great time.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Went to try out my new skis on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. Xscape is a great place to improve your technique. It exceeded my expectations! It’s larger than I expected and the slope had a little more “terrain” than I thought it would have. The odd bump and a small “roller” half way down. The snow was a little icy in places but not bad at all. 1 hour is about enough though. They had 2 rails in place on the wednesday but they were cordened off.

The main reason I went was to test my rossi z5’s and I was very pleased with them and can’t wait to try them on real Scottish snow.

Also driving down Glencoe seemed to have rather large snow patches. The main basin seemed to be almost full length (well at least 400m) this may have changed as it’s been 80F here on Skye today.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy