Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crit'Air Sticker and Summer Ski trip

Poster: A snowHead
Hoping to get a day or two on a Glacier in July (if there's anything left) but worried about travel in Alpine areas.

We don't have a Crit'Air sticker for the car. This isn't an omission on our part (!) we have just changed the car and are awaiting the V5C 'logbook'. By the time this turns up it will be far too late to apply for a Crit'Air sticker, estimated delivery time 6 weeks.

Now, my question is - whilst we are more than happy to avoid the permanent 'ULEZ' areas in French cities, there is a very long list of areas where temporary ULEZ rules can be enforced in emergencies (this includes places like Vallee de l'Arve). Does anyone know whether, for example in the recent heatwave, some of the more rural areas became ULEZ? How often do these rules get applied?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From what I remember of the process if you apply online you get a receipt which covers you until the sticker turns up. I seem to remember lots of French people ignore all this; it is only for "stupid foreigners" or perhaps that is an urban myth putting down French residents!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The receipt for Crit air is enough. However, the official site is very quick certainly not as long as 6 weeks!
Beware of scam sites!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
JanA wrote:
How often do these rules get applied?

there are no police left to enforce all this batshit. I drive in Grenoble everyday with a vehicle so old it doesn't even qualify for a Crit'Air and have never been troubled. Make of that what you will. I generally drive within the law though.

Of course when they get the automatic cameras installed I will have to be more careful. The Crit'air is largely a scam to get machine readable IDs onto cars.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Err - isn't the number plate a machine readable ID?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yoda wrote:
Err - isn't the number plate a machine readable ID?

a QR code is easier to read for some of the systems in use
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I ordered a Crit air sticker on the 25th July and got the receipt on the 27th, which is sufficient even if the sticker doesn't arrive before I go!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got mine in a bout 10 days but as others have said you get a receipt and temporary certificate emailed within 24 hours or so

Mm not sure what summer skiing will be like this year- just been watching YouTube vids from Mountain of Hell last weekend and someone prepping for Megavalanche this weekend and all commenting on much less now that usual
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@SLB79,

Which website did you buy it on?

We are driving to France next Thursday and I'm heartened by the news that a receipt will suffice, as we are currently Crit'Airless... rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you for all your helpful comments, particularly the info that a receipt will suffice.

My original post was Wednesday morning and the V5C arrived in the post Wednesday lunchtime! I immediately ordered the Crit'Air sticker from https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/

I received a simple 'thanks for paying' type receipt by return. A more detailed receipt with the car details and Crit'Air classification etc arrived this morning (Friday) so under 48hours from ordering.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Update!
Crit'air sticker just arrived in the post (9th July). The 'up to 6 weeks' is clearly not the usual situation.
Even in the middle of the holiday season, the actual sticker (receipt arrived earlier) has arrived within 7-8 working days.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Doesn't look like there's anywhere open in France for you to ski JanA Sad

We're in the same boat Confused - hoping to drive to Tignes regardless (for hiking and mountain biking) in the next week or so...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@JanA, - obviously Crit'air is not organised by DVLA or whatever they currently call themselves!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is there an easy map that shows where the crit'air regions are?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@leggyblonde, Green Zones app.
snow report
@Hells Bells, thanks! I'm hoping my drive L2A this Friyday doesn't require anything
snow conditions
leggyblonde wrote:
@Hells Bells, thanks! I'm hoping my drive L2A this Friyday doesn't require anything

Are you going through Grenoble?
snow conditions
@rjs, yes, currently showing as OK...
ski holidays
Update on delivery of Crit'air stickers to UK - Ordered on 30th June and arrived today 19th July!
snow report
Just back from 12 days staying in Venosc and doing some biking at Les 2 Alpes- can see why they've shut the glacier early this year- went up twice to do mtb trail from there. Start of week there was a ski run down to a little fenicular and a few days later it was completely malted. The glacier looked in a sorry state too - if there was an easy way to share photo I'd put one up!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy