Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss flights ski carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not flown since March 20 and was thinking about booking some MAN/ ZHR flights for next season however there appears to be a sneaky clause crept in regards charges for winter sports kit, I wonder if anyone any thoughts on it, anyone else unravelled this?

It says hold baggage 23kg allowance is included in the economy ticket price and that winter sports equipment can be carried so long as the baggage allowance is not exceeded. This therefore reads as though if I take 2 sets of skis and my ski boots plus say 18kg of hold baggage then at c.30kg I will be well above the 23kg and liable for excess baggage charges….am I interpreting this incorrectly? Previously it was 23kg plus 12kg which was easy to comply with.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Markymark29, https://www.swiss.com/gb/en/customer-support/faq/sports-equipment

Quote "in addition to (my bold) your checked baggage, you can transport your ski or snowboard equipment at no extra charge on all flights operated by SWISS (including wet lease). Your checked baggage must be within the required dimensions for size and weight. This offer does not apply to flights booked on Economy Light fares and to codeshare flights, or connecting flights to the USA where one leg is a codeshare flight."
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Swiss were a bit shonky TBH when we flew with them about 10 years ago. We had some officious /×#$ telling us we had to pay for ski carriage back from ZRH. We argued for ages but got nowhere.
Some random Swissport trolley dude hovering in the background came up to us afterwards and said to ignore what the silly $@#^ said and just give them to him and he'd sort it.

We did, with some trepidation, and we're very pleased, and surorised to see them arrive on the carousel at MAN 3 hours later.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink wrote:
@Markymark29, https://www.swiss.com/gb/en/customer-support/faq/sports-equipment

Quote "in addition to (my bold) your checked baggage, you can transport your ski or snowboard equipment at no extra charge on all flights operated by SWISS (including wet lease). Your checked baggage must be within the required dimensions for size and weight. This offer does not apply to flights booked on Economy Light fares and to codeshare flights, or connecting flights to the USA where one leg is a codeshare flight."

This is correct and we flew last April.

See also here

"In addition to your baggage allowance, we transport ski equipment (except on Economy Light fares) free of charge."

https://www.swiss.com/gb/en/prepare/baggage/sports-equipment
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy