Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jet2 flights – starting outside UK

Poster: A snowHead
It has come to my attention that Jet2 are running a direct Manchester-Innsbruck route this summer, which may be handy. Flight times aren't brilliant, but it's a lot cheaper and faster than routing through Frankfurt or wherever. Here's hoping that MAN have got their act together rolling eyes

Anyway, it's not obvious how you plot a route that doesn't start in the UK – setting the dates backwards doesn't work because “outbound cannot be after inbound” error. I eventually fathomed that you can search for a single INN-MAN, and then “add return flight”. but this also adds 25 quid. Booking 2 singles costs even more, so has anyone managed to get the UK price by starting from outside the UK?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure about the second paragraph but having a MAN .. INN flight is great. All as we need now is for them not to stop them at the end of March but continue till Easter!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just tried it on the web on my Android phone and it allowed me to do a return starting in INN immediately.

It's often easier to select the airports via the show list function, ensure INN appears after Innsbruck in the box before moving on to the dates.

Jet2 do their own handling at MAN so it's only security you have to worry about on the return.

Bon Vol.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great to have the option of Manchester-Innsbruck flights, at good times of day too. They certainly know how to charge though, for Saturday departures. Sunday fares very reasonable.
Anyone know how easy / expensive it is to get private transfers or public transport to the Dolomites please, eg Selva, Corvara?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PeakyB, Try this site === https://www.altoadigebus.com/top-destinations

I did a quick price check for January (innsbruck to selva) = 128 euro one way (skis are 15 euro one way)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Scarlet wrote:
It has come to my attention that Jet2 are running a direct Manchester-Innsbruck route this summer, which may be handy. Flight times aren't brilliant, but it's a lot cheaper and faster than routing through Frankfurt or wherever. Here's hoping that MAN have got their act together rolling eyes

Anyway, it's not obvious how you plot a route that doesn't start in the UK – setting the dates backwards doesn't work because “outbound cannot be after inbound” error. I eventually fathomed that you can search for a single INN-MAN, and then “add return flight”. but this also adds 25 quid. Booking 2 singles costs even more, so has anyone managed to get the UK price by starting from outside the UK?

I just tried a dummy search Inns-Man return without any issue. Even priced it in Euros.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Me too ; Just put Innsbruck in the 'from' box :: didn't realise they also fly Brum/Inns
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've booked Jet2 returns originating from GVA a few times in the past and never had any issue, so I think it must be a @Scarlet issue not a Jet2 one. Shoulda stayed in God's own county!

Still, just noticed, you've had 5 months to work on it, so I'm guessing you've figured it out by now.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@midgetbiker, Ha! Yep, been and gone! The weirdest thing was repeatedly hearing “we hope you've had a nice holiday” on my way into MAN and “have a lovely holiday” on the way out again. I think Easyjet are a bit more aware that their flying buses are used as such, but Jet2 are really holiday focussed.

To those thinking they've got some amazing insight into using a website, it has been updated since this thread was started, as you can now pick any departure airport. Previously, this list was limited to UK airports (and it's not just me, a friend doing a similar trip to Bristol told me he couldn't fly Jet2 until I showed him the workaround).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scarlet wrote:
@midgetbiker, Ha! Yep, been and gone! The weirdest thing was repeatedly hearing “we hope you've had a nice holiday” on my way into MAN and “have a lovely holiday” on the way out again. I think Easyjet are a bit more aware that their flying buses are used as such, but Jet2 are really holiday focussed.

To those thinking they've got some amazing insight into using a website, it has been updated since this thread was started, as you can now pick any departure airport. Previously, this list was limited to UK airports (and it's not just me, a friend doing a similar trip to Bristol told me he couldn't fly Jet2 until I showed him the workaround).

Must have been a temporary flaw in an iteration of their site, I used to book GVA>LBA>GVA back over ten years ago (but the website from back then will be long gone by now).

Still that was back when Jet2 considered itself an airline not (as you say) a holiday company. They ran a daily scheduled service LBA< >GVA all year round, now it's just a ski season service focussed around weekends. Plus they used to have loyalty programme which meant about 1 flight in 10 was free to regulars. Oh, those were the days.

They're a business though, they have to do what pays, since Easyjet dropped LBA I'm just grateful someone flies to GVA in the season at least.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Scarlet, when I tried to post the above reply with to/from represented by < > but without a gap in the middle the 'security hamster' didn't like it at all. As a tech savvy peep you'll no doubt know why?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
midgetbiker wrote:
when I tried to post the above reply with to/from represented by < > but without a gap in the middle the 'security hamster' didn't like it at all. As a tech savvy peep you'll no doubt know why?

That'll be because the angled brackets are used in HTML etc., so the server would be looking for an instruction in there. It's probably some kind of security feature to check for brackets in what has been submitted, and refuse any that look a bit dodgy/aren't doing anything that would be expected.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@midgetbiker, Not used Jet2 for years, forgot they even did ski flights......i'm sure that they are OK if you can leave your kit out there and have a place etc but if one is carrying bags and ski gear then it's a rip off and far cheaper to drive over the hill and travel with Swiss or Lufthansa out of Manchester. Makes me laugh how the used to call themselves the skiers airline, yeah really?! It's a long time since they launched and we could hop on early Thursday and back late Sunday or early Monday to GVA now it's a holiday company not an airline like you say.

Costed them for a Palma Majorca long weekend trip 2-3 months back and I think I must have pressed the wrong button, they clearly thought I wanted to buy the plane not hire a seat for a couple of hours.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Markymark29, they can be a bit pricey sometimes, agreed. For me though, given that I can literally see the LBA runway from my window as I sit typing this, then it can be worth it (plus, yes, no bags).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Markymark29, I think it depends. Like all the other airlines, their pricing is dynamic and depends massively on what day you can fly, with the weekends being a lot more than midweek. Coming to the UK, we always travel midweek, but it is the direct flight option that really makes the difference – 2022 was about 300€ for 2 seats and 1 checked bag (need to get those teabags home somehow Wink) with Jet2 compared to 600€ for the same in 2021 with Austrian/Lufthansa, but via Vienna. With Easyjet having dropped their routes, it was a good option, though I agree that they are often expensive and it's the first time we've flown with them in probably 10 years.

Good service though, and no issues apart from realising that the Jet2 booked car hire had dropped 200€ Shocked but luckily it was refundable so we cancelled and had the difference back!
snow conditions
@midgetbiker, @Scarlet, Yup agree with all that, it's a £10 taxi from here to LBA and a real shame we don't use it any more, but tbh I don't know hardly anyone who does, and certainly nobody at all for skiing.....apart from our postman who spend all his hard-earned in Benidorm!
latest report
@Markymark29, My mate flies out of LBA, and I don't think I've ever heard him go out to any “ski” destinations, it's always Malaga, Canaries, Greece, Turkey etc. though I think they may have more from MAN.
snow conditions
Quote:

@Markymark29, I think it depends. Like all the other airlines, their pricing is dynamic and depends massively on what day you can fly

@Scarlet, That definitely makes a big difference I tend to be on the 'other' flight to everybody else, ie the sector Jet2 only really fly to get the plane positioned to bring back all their holidaymakers.
ski holidays
@PeakyB, the independent bus company in Selva is Viaggi Gardena and they also do minibuses and taxis. Alex has good English and Nicky is English so language isn't a problem. Before I retired I was more than happy with their airport transfers.
https://www.viaggigardena.com/en/Default.asp

In terms of public transport I suspect it would be train from IBK Hauptbahnhof to Chiusa/Klausen and then taxi or train to Bolzano and then bus...
ski holidays
@Nemisis, thank you. Very useful information.

Flights from MAN-INN comparatively expensive in late Jan, early Feb, just before school holidays start.

I mean when compared with travelling to Venice.
latest report
From Innsbruck to Val Gardena, catch the train to Ponte Gardena (Waidbruck) and then bus to Ortisei, St Christina or Selva. Local trains require a change at Brenner. If using the faster Euro city trains, change at Brenner, Fortezza or Bressanone onto a local train that stops at Ponte Gardena. All trains stop further down at Bolzano and you can then catch a bus to Ortisei, though you might have to change buses at Castelrotto. Obviously if continuing to Selva or St Christina, you'd have to change busses again at Ortisei.

For Corvara, train from Innsbruck to Fortezza, then another train to San Lorenzo and then bus to Ortisei. If using local train from Innsbruck, you will have to change onto local Italian train at Brenner.

Taxi transfer is always far more convenient for these Dolomite areas, though far more expensive.
snow conditions
Just booked GVA-MAN return easily. But as it's priced in CHF I converted to pounds. The exchange rate was rubbish so I swapped back as my card doesn't charge transaction fees.

However, it's worth joining my jet2, I received a 20 % discount code which worked.
latest report
jimmybog wrote:
From Innsbruck to Val Gardena, catch the train to Ponte Gardena (Waidbruck) and then bus to Ortisei, St Christina or Selva. Local trains require a change at Brenner. If using the faster Euro city trains, change at Brenner, Fortezza or Bressanone onto a local train that stops at Ponte Gardena. All trains stop further down at Bolzano and you can then catch a bus to Ortisei, though you might have to change buses at Castelrotto. Obviously if continuing to Selva or St Christina, you'd have to change busses again at Ortisei.

For Corvara, train from Innsbruck to Fortezza, then another train to San Lorenzo and then bus to Ortisei. If using local train from Innsbruck, you will have to change onto local Italian train at Brenner.

Taxi transfer is always far more convenient for these Dolomite areas, though far more expensive.

This is how I get to Val Gardena, never had an issue. Cheap, not too slow and quite relaxing. Easy from Verona too, train straight up the valley and get off at Ponte Gardena or Bolzano. Venice and Treviso are longer trips but quite easy too.

The 350 bus from Bolzano goes all the way up to Selva.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy