Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Early season snow + drink

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A friend of mine is getting married next December and would like to have his stag do as a long ski weekend. Any thoughts on the best place to go last weekend in Nov or first weekend in Dec? Having skiied early season in Verbier the last two years I know the snow in Europe is variable to say the least, but I'd be interested in knowing if the bars and clubs in other resorts open this early on in the season as only a few in Verbier do. Advice appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not Sauze d'Oulx
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You want to go somewhere with a glacier. How about Solden in Austria? I've not been myself but it is supposed to be party-central. Or you could stay in Innsbruck and ski the Stubai glacier up the valley, altho it is about 45 mins' drive away. I think there are buses running from Innsbruck for most of the winter. As Innsbruck is a proper town everything should be open. I think Les Deux Alpes in France should be open then.

I tried to organise a stag-ski-w/end once but the stag's non-skiing mates weren't keen, so it never happened. Very sad!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There'll probanbly not be any snow in Sauze anyway.

Glacier sounds good. Any stags who don't ski shouldn't be going!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd be surprised if anywhere was exactly buzzing that early in the season. Tignes might be worth considering. Glacier, quite a lot else usually open at that time of year, and there should be a fair amount of bars open.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would expect Deux Alpes to be very quiet then. I went in the 3rd week of December a few years ago and most of the bars and restaurants hadn't opened and there were very few people around.

What about the snow dome and a night out in Milton Keynes? Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nickski,
Quote:

Not Sauze d'Oulx

You say that, but in 2003 they had a metre and a half in mid October. The 'pre-season' skiing was great that year. Still, their record on the whole has indeed been sketchy.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chamonix or Verbier for the apres ski, they usually open early Dec...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have you considered going to the US or Canada. Of course then it wouldnt really be a long weekend trip would it.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As much as I love Verbier, early season can be iffy. They've invested loads in snowmaking, but last November on opening weekend all you could get was lac de vaux. It was possible to ski down to Ruinettes, but it wasn't officially open.

I'd recommend Zermatt as the glacier's snow sure and if you're lucky and the snow's good you can get to Cervinia and probaly ski into Zermatt village. Another option would be Obergurgl, guaranteed snow and their opening weekend party on 24th ish Nov, is meant to be pretty special. Wherever you choose, sounds like a great plan, enjoy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ischgl traditionally opens the last weekend in November with a bit of a celebration. That would make a good stag venue for both skiing and partying...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What about Mayrhofen? If you have good snow you can ski there, and if not you can head up to the Hintertux glacier.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy