Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Funiflaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Funiflaine confirmed as not happening:

https://www.lemessager.fr/40802/article/2022-05-17/le-projet-du-funiflaine-definitivement-abandonne?fbclid=IwAR0IEDtOhmdGYxWzVuO3DYdUn7FLrfHpz35hLpERlp2Uv8KDHrrIvHH5nh4
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sad for them, but probably speaks to the changed economic environment post-Covid.

As discussed on the previous thread, I wonder what effect this will have on the similar planned valley link to St Gervais. At one level, it may make the funders worry about the economic viability if Funiflaine failed on that basis - but at another there is now only one valley project so less competition and this one runs from the existing rail station without modification plus politically it is all within a single commune.

I guess we will see, supposedly the St Gervais project is meant to start breaking ground later this year.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's a bummer. It looked too good to be true.

I still think it would have been a net positive. Anything to keep traffic off narrow mountain roads is a good thing. The losers will be locals who work up on the mountain.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Pasigal, it would be interesting to know what was behind the decision.

If I remember right from the maps, it would only be of real use to day skiers - it ended up at the top of a piste rather than connecting into Flaine itself. It wouldn't substitute for people needing road transport to stay in the resort. I don't know how useful it would be for summer visitors, whether it would open up a sufficient range of walks etc.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@j b, You may be right. I recall reading a lot about it last year, including some of the background materials, and I thought one of the main beneficiaries would be day workers who could park at the base (and day skiers, of course). But it's moot now, unfortunately. We are often in the Arve/Aravis areas, and I know we would have used it from time to time.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Pasigal, that could be where St Gervais has the edge. The proposed lift doesn't take you anywhere any actual skiing, just to the next gondola up. But that gives access to the main town from the railway station - town is just across the bridge, but a lot of holiday apartments are right there near the gondola station - and will supposedly be operational all year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy